Bike
  • 50m
  • 22.00 kms
  • -----

Spinnervals Sprints Included three sets of plyometric jumps.
Didn't feel like doing it.

Did it. Felt strong and fast.
Coach Troy says I should take 48 to 72 hours off...What planet is he from?

Okay, so now at 8:30 it is -34 and wind chill is -52.

I'm going out! You may never hear from me again! 

Sorry, I can't help myself. It is -31, soon to be -35 with the wind chill at -50. This is "shoot me in the head" weather. The only way this could get any better is if there were burning lava, or perhaps molten meteorites falling from the heavens.

I've decided to refrain from my planned 14 k run this morning.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6
Swim
  • 40m
  • 1325.00 meters
  • -----

Felt weak, but got stronger as I progressed. Jason pulled me into the baby pool and retaught me how to skull and do fluttery things.

I've got a sore sole of of my right foot. It's not Plantar Fasc..I think it is just residual pain from a cramp. I'll work through it.

WU 400
MS 6x100 intervals 2:10 on 10
200 easy
25 on back fluttery things
100 drill

Strength
  • 1h 00m
Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

2 p.m. update.

Well the storm has hit. about a half block visibility and we are expecting -46 windchill tomorrow. I don't think I'll be doing my outdoor run...Although just think of the bragging rights on that!

Okay, let's see how this week works out. I'm supposed to ramp up my hours of joy. I'm actually kinda looking forward to it...

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Run
  • 2h 16m 11s
  • 21.20 kms
  • 06m 25s /KM

Well that wasn't fun.

A day of extremes. Terrible run and personal best.

I experimented with Boost drink and I went out way too fast - Ironman was running a 5:30 pace...I hit the wall at about 45 minutes and struggled from there. Then I had to take a dump. Running with clenched cheeks, isn't good for the form! Also ran out of water. Ended up at the University and
lightened the load, as it were. Felt better after that and I got my groove back, and just as I was mentally preparing to do another 45 minutes, Ironman gave me a call and wondered where I was.. I was about 10 minutes from where they were, so I pretty much sprinted to the Centre of the Arts, and called it a day. Didn't do my planned 3:20. But not a total loss either. Personal best Half-mary run by one minute! QCM 2:17.24.

Who knew?

Had to fight lots of negative thoughts, thoughts of quitting, but I couldn't quit, I was too far from home.

It's all good.
2131 cals

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 40m

Stretching and roller work after I got home.

Well, besides the fact that I feel dessicated-even though it is damp out and my legs are really sore, I'm looking forward to this long run. I was up at 3 am and had a meal replacement dring - I slowly starting to try out some of the strategies I will do at "the show".

The weather is not too bad, althoght at -7 with damp and windchill, you never know how to dress. I think I'll try an empire waist.

Okay, time to get this old body moving.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.5
Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 38.00 kms
  • -----

"outdoor" ride with spinnervals. Just the right amount of time to end off my easy week, before the run of doom tomorrow.

Legs were a little stiff from yesterday's Brendan bleep work.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m

lots of time on the roller. It helped.

As I lay in bed, I was trying to figure out one good reason why I get up so early on a Saturday when everybody, including the chickens, sleep noisily in their beds of warmth.

I couldn't come up with a decent answer, but all that brain activity...and the clucking...kept me awake, so I got up.

Easy spin on tap today.

• Health data: Hours slept: 5
Strength
  • 1h 20m

Bleepin' Beep test!
Got up to 16 with the group. Not as bad as I thought. Didn't really want to be up that early, but the session was a hard, but good one. I felt very strong. I think I have hurt my right arm again. Different place, inside bicep...crap.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 10m
15 more minutes of Brendan and 15 less minutes of sleep. This better be worth it!

• Health data: Hours slept: 5
Bike
  • 1h 10m
  • 33.00 kms
  • 28.29 KM/hr

harder than I expected, but got it done. First disk of Penticton Realrides.
Focused on high cadence and a bit of power. worked well..

I'm having low iron issues. Might explain some of my tired, listlessness.

Not a lot of great sources in the food I normally eat (remember no red meat - or white meat).

So I've started eating some "interesting" things. Yesterday I had chicken livers. Today at lunch I had canned oysters. I don't know if these will help, but I'm feeling kinda Randy right now. 

I know, I know I should contact a nutritionist, but I'm lazy and I'm cheap, so that precludes that activity. I'm also going to get a cast iron fry pan - but I have to keep it away from First Wife who would most likely use it to chase me around the house! 

5:10 a.m

Well that was dull while it lasted. It's donut making time!

• Health data: Hours slept: 6
Run
  • 25m 33s
  • 5.00 kms
  • 05m 07s /KM

I had to double check my watch. I just planned to do a leisurely run, but decided to do 77 seconds a lap. One thing led to another and next thing I knew I had set myself a new indoor personal best! I attribute this to the Starcorp talking about our times in my first ever Duathlon.

Swim
  • 40m
  • 1500.00 meters
  • -----

Not a bad swim. I'm still looking back as I breathe, as if I'm worried someone is behind me ready to give me a wedgie. Shoulders were a little sore because of it...Jason got me to change my head position and that helped.

I was swimming kind of slow averaging about 2:20 per 100.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 40m

stretching after run.

I'm getting a little too used to this sleeping in. It isn't as fun as it used to be. I kept waking up wondering "is it time to wake up yet?"

Today, I get to ghostwrite an interview. I get to be the interviewer and the interviewee. And it isn't even about me! My cerebral hemispheres can't wait!

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

windnsnow's Training Log

January 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • August's totals