Bike
  • 2h 00m
  • 52.00 kms
  • -----

Spinnervals. Endurance and Technique sets. It's called "kick me in the groin" or Have Mercy or something like that.
Killer workout. Lots of long tempo/TT sets. Lots of standing in ridiculously low gears. Even a one legged set. At least Coach Troy didn't make us stand on the one legged ones!
Great workout.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 20m
Ach! We've got to get out of this trap
Before this decadence saps our will
I've got to be strong and try to hang on
Or my mind may well snap
Und my life will be lived for the thrills... Don't dream it. Be it.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Swim
  • 50m
  • 1800.00 meters
  • -----

Now that was a great swim set!

Intervals.
200 WU
3 x (4x100) 2:20 on 15s rest
4 x 100 continuous cooldown.

Strength
  • 1h 00m

Almost all core work, with some tricep stuff thrown in. Felt pretty strong, albeit kinda barfy (but I kept it to myself) Need more sleep. Won't happen until, ummm Monday? This Gigolo work is killing me.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 10m

Brief stretch after class.

Contrary to a certain Ironman's good advice, I got less sleep, not more last night and I'm afraid some champagne was involved...well fizzy wine with a fancy name at least. (no it wasn't immature fowl). So now I'm up, but not completely cogent for my party with Brendan.

• Health data: Hours slept: 5
Run
  • 1h 27m
  • 12.60 kms
  • 06m 54s /KM

Beautiful morning for a run. -5 with little wind. Very fresh. Sadly I wasn't. I was tired. This was supposed to be my easy run.

All Z2 and Z3. 1326 cals

Well, I ran easy and slow. But I finished and I finished with a nice little sprint. A little bit of walking.

My middle toe is sore. I had to cut the nail and drain it. It is a result of running and I'll probably lose the nail (again!) That's what I get when one toe is longer than the rest. You know what they say about guys with long toes...tight shoes.perseverence

• Health data: Hours slept: 6
Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 27.00 kms
  • -----

real rides, 3rd disk Penticton IMC. small rollers (hills) leading up to the turnaround and Yellow Lake. Felt very tired. Couldn't get a decent cadence again. Focused on position.

Swim
  • 50m
  • 1200.00 meters
  • -----

That was kinda hard, but I did it.
Some back stroke, breast stroke and even a half length of butterfly (my initiative). What a ridiculous stroke! It is sort of like the aquatic rhythmic equivalent of a dry heave.

At this hour of the morning, I really must question my motives.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Run
  • 33m 11s
  • 6.00 kms
  • 05m 32s /KM

Resolution Run. Race Report is Up!

Bloody cold, but I warmed up. Could have gone better, but pleased with results. This is a PB at this distance (and temp.)

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 40m

Stretching at Y and then more at home.

No, I'm not that blue, just a little frosty in this post run self portrait. 

Yikes, the new year begins with some serious leg pain. I guess you carry a little bit of every year through with you. Lets see if I can shake out this stiffness and pain by race time.

Oh and it's -25 and feels like -34 with the wind chill.

Oh and Happy Happy!

Swim
  • 50m
  • 1400.00 meters
  • -----

Masters class. Still very sore from yesterday. A little queasy too. Jason got me to do some finger trailing to straiten up my kick. It really threw me off. Also did some kick sets and had nothing!
Glad I did it, but I don't know how I'm going to run in tomorrow's race. I'll manage, I'm sure.

Mother said there would be days like this. Mind you she never ran for 2.5 hours in -19. I am so sore. I couldn't sleep last night because of it. But it's a good hurt....yeah right.

And to add insult to injury, the scale says that I gained 10 pounds in 4 days. I suspect that it is messed up. First wife took it school with her just before the break and I think it has gone wonky.

Ahhh, today is another day and the last day of the year - according to an arbitrary convention that really doesn't represent any significant physical, metaphysical or experiential difference, yet cause many to make resolutions and promises based on the ticking of a clock. Enjoy the silence (if you can find it!)

Yeah, I'm back...what gave it away?

Run
  • 2h 30m 07s
  • 23.56 kms
  • 06m 22s /KM

Long Run with Starcorp after I got back from 4 days of doing nothing.

-19c, little wind.

Legs got sore really quickly. Close to cramping a few times. John pushed, I pushed, it was a good run!
Out to Wascana View, around Cemetary and a few loopsie loops on the way back to make the time.

2435 Calories. 2 gels. One bottle of Glycocarb and one half bottle of gatorade.
Stopped every 2 k. Stopped at John's house to refuel. Stopped at University.

Negative split: out leg: 6:25 pace
Back leg: 6:19 pace.

I can't believe I can do this!

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 20m

Stretching at RR after running

I'm Back! Did you miss me?

• Health data: Hours slept: 10

windnsnow's Training Log

January 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat