Bike
  • 40m
  • 17.00 kms
  • 25.50 KM/hr

okay, I got my lazy ass onto the trainer and climbed up Richter's Pass (Real Rides DVD). An abbreviated spin, but I sill did it!

Heart rate wasn't that exciting.

Run
  • 45m
  • 4.00 kms
  • -----

I knew this would happen eventually.
I couldn't get it up.
I warmed up. Did my Machs, Sprinted about 60 x 4 then I started my 800...at about 500 - at about 158 bpm, my HRM stopped working.
So I stopped. Took a minute or so, it started working again.
I started again, got to about 600m at 161 and then it then it stopped working again.
That's when I gave up. I felt my calves tightening up.

So no maximum HR - the sole purpose I ran today!
Crap.

I think I'm going to try this when I haven't had such a busy day and I might do it on the Treadmill.
I was a lot distracted by the tons of people at the track.

I'm sad.

Swim
  • 40m
  • 1550.00 meters
  • 02m 35s /100 meters

Tired start, felt sluggish. In the faster lane again, no rest, just go go go. I think I'm making progress.
wu 4 x 100
MS 3 x 200 on 20 (4:19/200!)
4 x 25 kick
2 x 200
Had 200 more kicks but ran out of time (and energy)

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m

Stretching after the big disappointment.

Imagine that, my alarm didn't go off. Now I'm fighting the urge to go back to bed 'cuz my routine has been upset....mind you I can't really go to sleep again in my bike shorts. But they would make the bed so cozy. I'm so confuffled!

• Health data: Hours slept: 5.5
Run
  • 1h 25m 42s
  • 13.40 kms
  • 06m 24s /KM

What a pretty morning to run.
Ice Fog everywhere, I could barely see. Hoar Frost covering everything and a balmy -19c!
Just lovely.

Had a great run. This was my "easy" run and I certainly took it easy. But it was easy. It was great.
Took food and beverage. Didn't use the food. Drank on three drink breaks of 15-20 seconds (watered down Enervitine). Had to pee a couple of times (surprise!) Overall felt very strong. Was only worried about time running out - being a working stiff and all that.

Knees really hurt again once I got inside.
1237 Cals
Stayed Z2/Z3

You cut me down a tree

And brought it back to me

That's what made me see

Where I was going wrong.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6
Swim
  • 40m
  • 1600.00 meters
  • 02m 30s /100 meters

New masters class. New season. New People. Wow. It was like an open water swim start. Bodies and Arms everywhere. Ironmen toe the left of me, BTers to the right! It really was a who's who of the local tri scene. Marina was out doing her fish-like thing - despite her excuses - good form there.

I was switched to a "faster" lane. I burned myself out in a hurry and lost my form. But a pretty good session anyway.
Breathing was laboured - just going too fast. Jason said my head was coming out of the water too much - I think a symptom of too many people in the water and me trying not to run/swim people down.

WU 200, 4 x 50 decending
MS 6 X 100 interval on 15s.
(averaged 2:15/100)
200 easy
4 X 100 as above

Strength
  • 1h 10m

Didn't have a pen with me to write down weights. Will next time

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 45m
Slept in. Wanted to try something new.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.5
Run
  • 1h 46m
  • 12.20 kms
  • 05m 44s /KM

Great run with the Ironman at the track. Fast Fast FAST!
Total time includes warm-up, cool down and spacing out.

One hour @77sec per lap. Three brief waterbreaks. Followed by stretching and Jacuzzi.

Great run. Felt a little weak to begin with, Got faster and stronger. Felt great. Forgot my asthma stuff, but didn't need it! My toe also hurt when I went in one direction, but I just ignored it and the other little voices.
Great run, did I say that before. I'd never be here without Starcorp.
Ended with an all out 44sec sprint. Hit a new HR high.

The illusive Nick was there. It was great to see him!

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 20m

Well, that trip through the 70s was interesting. Fondue Night! I think I got some rug burn from the shag carpet. The keys in the fishbowl were a nice touch. But I'm hurtin' from that rich food. I'm not used to it all.

Oh well. Pace run today. that will get it out of me, one way or the other!

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 2h 00m
  • 52.00 kms
  • -----

Spinnervals. Endurance and Technique sets. It's called "kick me in the groin" or Have Mercy or something like that.
Killer workout. Lots of long tempo/TT sets. Lots of standing in ridiculously low gears. Even a one legged set. At least Coach Troy didn't make us stand on the one legged ones!
Great workout.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 20m
Ach! We've got to get out of this trap
Before this decadence saps our will
I've got to be strong and try to hang on
Or my mind may well snap
Und my life will be lived for the thrills... Don't dream it. Be it.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Swim
  • 50m
  • 1800.00 meters
  • -----

Now that was a great swim set!

Intervals.
200 WU
3 x (4x100) 2:20 on 15s rest
4 x 100 continuous cooldown.

Strength
  • 1h 00m

Almost all core work, with some tricep stuff thrown in. Felt pretty strong, albeit kinda barfy (but I kept it to myself) Need more sleep. Won't happen until, ummm Monday? This Gigolo work is killing me.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 10m

Brief stretch after class.

Contrary to a certain Ironman's good advice, I got less sleep, not more last night and I'm afraid some champagne was involved...well fizzy wine with a fancy name at least. (no it wasn't immature fowl). So now I'm up, but not completely cogent for my party with Brendan.

• Health data: Hours slept: 5
Run
  • 1h 27m
  • 12.60 kms
  • 06m 54s /KM

Beautiful morning for a run. -5 with little wind. Very fresh. Sadly I wasn't. I was tired. This was supposed to be my easy run.

All Z2 and Z3. 1326 cals

Well, I ran easy and slow. But I finished and I finished with a nice little sprint. A little bit of walking.

My middle toe is sore. I had to cut the nail and drain it. It is a result of running and I'll probably lose the nail (again!) That's what I get when one toe is longer than the rest. You know what they say about guys with long toes...tight shoes.perseverence

• Health data: Hours slept: 6

windnsnow's Training Log

January 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • August's totals