Like a well oiled machine, my body woke up at 5 a.m. ready to go.

I forced it go back to sleep. I think I'll take one more day carefully.

But like a well-oiled machine, I'd better have a shower...I'm kind of greasy. 

• Health data: Sick: 3 Hours slept: 12

4 p.m update.

I have had 2 naps of 3 hours each.

I have had more homemade chicken soup (I make a killer Greek chicken soup) than I've had in a year.

I have not trained since Saturday.

I have a craving for fast food and NASCAR.

When will this ever change???

I'm still sick, but not as much. I'm grumpy.

I'm staying home today because it is cold out and I just don't feel like doing anything.

Bah!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Sick: 4 Hours slept: 10

Still not right. Sinus pain and dizziness. Got up to ride and just went back to sleep.

Cry

Had some chicken soup and a two hour nap.Smile

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Sick: 4 Hours slept: 9

Uggg. Still sick. My sinuses feel like they have steel wool in them. High Pressure steel wool. The more I sleep, the less refreshed I feel. Oh, and it is -31c out, just to make a nice leisurly walk out that much more enticing.

Man cold, I'll give you man cold!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 4 Hours slept: 10

Well, isn't that special.

Now I'm officially sick.

Sore throat. Body pains, a little fever.

I guess I'm not doing my run from hell today.

In fact, I think I'm going back to bed. 

• Health data: Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Sick: 5 Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 40.00 kms
  • -----

Coached session with Warren - former New Zealand Olympic Cycling coach. Did a bunch of Interval training for us. Focused on keeping at a set cadence.
Great workout. Everyone enjoyed it. Kept my cold away, felt better afterwards. Had a good sweat. Couldn't push really big gears, but I stayed in the cadence parameters (done to music of the 70,80,90 and 00s to match cadence.

Great idea. Great workout. He returns on the 8th to do a time trial.

Hit good heart rate levels.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 1h 00m

Nice walk downtown with first wife and first born. I have no idea where second born is.

Ok, I didn't sleep in. BT wasn't working this morning.

And I didn't get any sleep. The Neoncitron (sp?) I took last night kept me awake. Felt like crap in the morning. Still sick. But I'm keeping it at bay.

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 2
Swim #1
  • 50m
  • 1450.00 meters
  • -----

Masters' Class.

A little of everything with the added fun of descending sets...no strength whatsoever. Felt like I was dragging my feet and my ass.

Swim #2
  • 16m
  • 700.00 meters
  • 02m 17s /100 meters

Decided to frolic with the Ironman right after the Masters' class.

10 x 50 pull buoy (hard and fast)
5"rest
200 easy.

I love pull buoys..after my terrible Masters' swim, I found lots of energy and could have probably kept going. Mind you the pull buoy helped.

Strength
  • 1h 15m

The workout beat me this morning. During the middle set, I could only do two reps, not three. My blood pressure was spiking. It then settled down and I finished. Apparently it was a hard session, so it wasn't just me - even though I'm still fighting some cold.

Part of the routine was running on the dreadmill at 9, 10 and 11 miles per hour. Heard in the locker room from the men in the other class: "He made us run at 6.5 mph. Man, that was hard!"

Okay, cold /flu not attacking too badly yet. Lets see what I can do with this day.

And just to prove that I did actually run, I found out where I was in this picture, I forgot that I was playing a Ninja! Lookee here!

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

windnsnow's Training Log

February 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 

Time
Distance
  • August's totals