Strength
  • 1h 30m

My first tentative foray back into health.
Started with a bleeping bleepy beep test. In the Ironman's words, just so you don't think I'm boasting "Terry kicked the Kona Champ's ass; too funny, I could see him smirk."

I give full credit to the fact that the Kona Champ is 67 years old and that I've got pretty fancy footwork. But thanks John. It is nice to be back.

Back to reality, my lungs were burning - not a good feeling, but I kept going. Pretty good overall workout, mostly cardio with some core thrown in. I was strong. Just my lungs were not there.

I got the most incredible endorphine rush afterwards. I think I drove to work with the silliest grin I've ever had. Other drivers were staring at me at stop lights.

It is SO good to be back.
Still. I don't think I'm going to do the Swim at lunch...I don't want to push it, yet.

The Ironman abandoned me after the workout so I coffeed with yet another Ironman (they are everywhere around here) I picked her brain about nutrition. I'm sponging everything I can.

Okay, so I'm dreaming that I'm sewing a monogram onto a horse blanket in time for a crucial equestrian competition that I am late for.

And I've just had a tiff with tiffany who is the lead girl. And she is not happy that I've coloured my hair and my jodhpurs look so good and slimming.

Okay, I have to get off these drugs and back into training.

Here I go Weeeeeeeeee! (maybe there is more of Tigggger, than Pooh in me.

• Health data: Sick: 3 Hours slept: 8

Like a well oiled machine, my body woke up at 5 a.m. ready to go.

I forced it go back to sleep. I think I'll take one more day carefully.

But like a well-oiled machine, I'd better have a shower...I'm kind of greasy. 

• Health data: Sick: 3 Hours slept: 12

4 p.m update.

I have had 2 naps of 3 hours each.

I have had more homemade chicken soup (I make a killer Greek chicken soup) than I've had in a year.

I have not trained since Saturday.

I have a craving for fast food and NASCAR.

When will this ever change???

I'm still sick, but not as much. I'm grumpy.

I'm staying home today because it is cold out and I just don't feel like doing anything.

Bah!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Sick: 4 Hours slept: 10

Still not right. Sinus pain and dizziness. Got up to ride and just went back to sleep.

Cry

Had some chicken soup and a two hour nap.Smile

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Sick: 4 Hours slept: 9

Uggg. Still sick. My sinuses feel like they have steel wool in them. High Pressure steel wool. The more I sleep, the less refreshed I feel. Oh, and it is -31c out, just to make a nice leisurly walk out that much more enticing.

Man cold, I'll give you man cold!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 4 Hours slept: 10

Well, isn't that special.

Now I'm officially sick.

Sore throat. Body pains, a little fever.

I guess I'm not doing my run from hell today.

In fact, I think I'm going back to bed. 

• Health data: Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Sick: 5 Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 40.00 kms
  • -----

Coached session with Warren - former New Zealand Olympic Cycling coach. Did a bunch of Interval training for us. Focused on keeping at a set cadence.
Great workout. Everyone enjoyed it. Kept my cold away, felt better afterwards. Had a good sweat. Couldn't push really big gears, but I stayed in the cadence parameters (done to music of the 70,80,90 and 00s to match cadence.

Great idea. Great workout. He returns on the 8th to do a time trial.

Hit good heart rate levels.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 1h 00m

Nice walk downtown with first wife and first born. I have no idea where second born is.

Ok, I didn't sleep in. BT wasn't working this morning.

And I didn't get any sleep. The Neoncitron (sp?) I took last night kept me awake. Felt like crap in the morning. Still sick. But I'm keeping it at bay.

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 2

windnsnow's Training Log

February 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 

Time
Distance
  • August's totals