Run
  • 46m 05s
  • 8.20 kms
  • 05m 37s /KM

Damn Ironman, made me do things I didn't want to do. This was supposed to be a taper week. But no! We had to do his Plan! Bloody hell!

15 "easy"
3 X
3 race pace
7 minutes "easy"
Easy wasn't really easy. And Race pace was faster than any race I've ever run!

Averaged 5:40.

Mostly Z4...I think I hit my max HR! I felt like puking, briefly.

The workout didn't feel that hard.
But it ain't no taper.

Slept in after my difficult blood letting last night.

I still don't feel this refreshed, well rested feeling that you chronic sleepers talk about. I feel foggy, if anything.

Hey! I'm a published writer again...who knew.

I ghosted an article for the local chamber of commerce and it got published. Not really a big deal, but after doing this for so long I'm still amazed how giddy I get when I see the words I wrote in a magazine. I should start writing about stuff I'm really interested in...hmmm first I have to figure that one out.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8.5
Bike
  • 58m
  • 26.00 kms
  • 26.90 KM/hr

Real Rides Richter Pass. Started Slowly, got stronger and faster as I went. Good cadence.

Good HR.

Run
  • 12m
  • 2.00 kms
  • -----

Well, so much for my three for.

Just as I got started, first born, who was doing track got a really bad nose bleed. It took me a while to help him stop it, and clean up the mess on the floor and sink and and and. Take a look at my new shoes.

Swim
  • 40m
  • 1400.00 meters
  • -----

It was Back to the Future day..

Lots of back stroke and kicking with amble breast thrown in. It was a nice break from the ordinary.

Felt pretty whipped afterwards, but in a good, I wish I had a cigarette kinda way.

" />

Up for another three for today, but gentle ones.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Swim
  • 40m
  • 1200.00 meters
  • -----

Joined the Tuesday Masters' class 'cuz I missed yesterdays.
Figured out I have to rotate more off my left side to stop this shoulder grief and that I'm a much stronger kicker on my back. In fact I'm better on my back for most things, but that's another story.

I woke up to ride my bike and realized I was sore from pushing bigger weights yesterday.

Realizing my new goal was getting more sleep, I went back to bed.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.5
Strength
  • 1h 20m

Did some of these, such as the push-ups to exhaustion.
Felt pretty strong.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 20m

More Morden pictures up in my album.

Today I start my taper for the Hypothermic Half Marathon on Saturday. I'm not quite sure how much I'll taper, but it starts today because I have a noon-hour meeting and I can't make my swim.

One of my new goals is to try to get more sleep. So far so good. I feel like crap, like I've been in a coma.

Body Fat calculation (with calipers) was kinda fun. February 2007 was:

Triceps: 11 mm

Suprailliac: 24 mm

Abominables: 22 mm for a 21 % body fat total.

Last night: Tris (7mm), Supra.(10 mm), abs (12 mm) for a new low of 13.5 per cent body fat.

Hmmm. I guess all those skinny ideas have helped.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8.5
Run
  • 34m 03s
  • 5.84 kms
  • 05m 50s /KM

Easy run, my ass! Good run. Never stopped (except to walk across the street). Ironman kept a great pace, and I didn't have a choice but to keep up. We started rather slow (in other runner traffic) this was good for me. I prefer starting up kinda slow. Then we just got faster and faster. Until my asthma hit...but I didn't stop. I knew if I did, I wouldn't start again. Good little sprint in the -22 weather! 532 calories.

Easy run planned today. It is -27...I'm not exactly sure that I want to.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 40.00 kms
  • -----

great spin! On the Road (Spinnervals) Lake Placid IM course. Did half of it. Was essentially a 1.5 hour time trial. Got my cadence and my speed up, felt strong. Good ride.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 30m

Had to clear my head a little. Went for a brisk walk...must be my time of the month.

Time to make the donuts.

Setting up the spin class today. Flying solo again. I'm not looking forward to touching my -22c-all-night-exposed trainer (in the car).

• Health data: Hours slept: 5.5
Strength
  • 1h 15m

Exceptional work out. Felt strong and fast did a bunch of core and stability and strength work.

I missed my Ironman, he wasn't there, but I had a world champion there instead. Yes, Milos, two-time age group Ironman world champion was there. (he of the inspirational quotation)

It was amusing watching him try to keep up, he struggled a bit. I'm impressed by how well he did...and I continue to be impressed with myself because clearly, this Brendan class is no run through the park...

John's still the strongest Ironman I know. Even though he has a fat ankle. :)

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 20m

Stretching and rolling all by my lonesome.

I miss my carefree Fridays with Matt. It's Brendan time...

• Health data: Hours slept: 6

windnsnow's Training Log

February 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 

Time
Distance
  • August's totals