Bike
  • 35m
  • 15.00 kms
  • 25.71 KM/hr

I'm liking this tapering, I'm not liking this cold.

Set up the RMC Spin session. Did 30 minutes kinda easy on the spin bike, got off and did 12 minutes on the treadmill, then another 5 minutes on the spin bike...Hey! My First Brick! Felt great!

Run
  • 12m
  • -----
  • -----

BRICK on Treadmill. About 6 miles an hour. never looked at the distance.

4% incline. Kept increasing the speed and stretching out my gait. Felt good and strong.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m

Great, long stretch on the roller. I really needed that. Got some serious kinkage out of my quads and hammies.

-28c, feels like -45c. This kinda reminds me of how I felt before I asked girl #1 if she would like to go to the prom. I think it finally warmed up by girl #3, but I had become a snivelling, groveling idiot by then.

I feel much similar today, after being on my feet for over five hours last night and looking at the Hyptothermic Half into oblivion tomorrow. Last night, I volunteered for first born's track club meet. I thought I would collect tickets or hand out medals or, at worse announce events (I have a good face for radio, remember) Well. They gave me a gun and made me starter #2 - the guy who announces false starts...sort of like the guy who watches for premature exac.....well you get the picture.

The place was also swarming with RCMP cadets falling over themselves to see my shiny gun.

But I am tired and my legs hurt. Why do I always do something stupid like this before a race.

Now I have to go set up spin class.

• Health data: Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 5
Swim
  • 50m
  • 1700.00 meters
  • -----

This is the bestest race taper I've ever had...I don't think I'm going to make it to Sunday!!! I have to fight the urge to cycle tomorrow!!

Lots of swimming...ummmm lots of kicking (surprise!) I'm now kicking on my back, it is a lot more comfortable and fast - as long as I can keep the cramps at bay.

It's all good.

Hey, has that time of day thing always been there?

Strength
  • 1h 15m

Okay. That was interesting. Best Brendan workout I've ever had. It was easier than usual, but still I was strong and smiling and happy. Maybe the killer run yesterday helped.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Used the fetish rope.

Uggg.

I'm sore in places that I used to play. And now it is time for Brendan to kick the crap out of me. I can't wait. This has turned out to be the bestest taper ever!

• Health data: Hours slept: 5.5
Run
  • 46m 05s
  • 8.20 kms
  • 05m 37s /KM

Damn Ironman, made me do things I didn't want to do. This was supposed to be a taper week. But no! We had to do his Plan! Bloody hell!

15 "easy"
3 X
3 race pace
7 minutes "easy"
Easy wasn't really easy. And Race pace was faster than any race I've ever run!

Averaged 5:40.

Mostly Z4...I think I hit my max HR! I felt like puking, briefly.

The workout didn't feel that hard.
But it ain't no taper.

Slept in after my difficult blood letting last night.

I still don't feel this refreshed, well rested feeling that you chronic sleepers talk about. I feel foggy, if anything.

Hey! I'm a published writer again...who knew.

I ghosted an article for the local chamber of commerce and it got published. Not really a big deal, but after doing this for so long I'm still amazed how giddy I get when I see the words I wrote in a magazine. I should start writing about stuff I'm really interested in...hmmm first I have to figure that one out.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8.5
Bike
  • 58m
  • 26.00 kms
  • 26.90 KM/hr

Real Rides Richter Pass. Started Slowly, got stronger and faster as I went. Good cadence.

Good HR.

Run
  • 12m
  • 2.00 kms
  • -----

Well, so much for my three for.

Just as I got started, first born, who was doing track got a really bad nose bleed. It took me a while to help him stop it, and clean up the mess on the floor and sink and and and. Take a look at my new shoes.

Swim
  • 40m
  • 1400.00 meters
  • -----

It was Back to the Future day..

Lots of back stroke and kicking with amble breast thrown in. It was a nice break from the ordinary.

Felt pretty whipped afterwards, but in a good, I wish I had a cigarette kinda way.

" />

Up for another three for today, but gentle ones.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Swim
  • 40m
  • 1200.00 meters
  • -----

Joined the Tuesday Masters' class 'cuz I missed yesterdays.
Figured out I have to rotate more off my left side to stop this shoulder grief and that I'm a much stronger kicker on my back. In fact I'm better on my back for most things, but that's another story.

I woke up to ride my bike and realized I was sore from pushing bigger weights yesterday.

Realizing my new goal was getting more sleep, I went back to bed.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.5
Strength
  • 1h 20m

Did some of these, such as the push-ups to exhaustion.
Felt pretty strong.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 20m

More Morden pictures up in my album.

Today I start my taper for the Hypothermic Half Marathon on Saturday. I'm not quite sure how much I'll taper, but it starts today because I have a noon-hour meeting and I can't make my swim.

One of my new goals is to try to get more sleep. So far so good. I feel like crap, like I've been in a coma.

Body Fat calculation (with calipers) was kinda fun. February 2007 was:

Triceps: 11 mm

Suprailliac: 24 mm

Abominables: 22 mm for a 21 % body fat total.

Last night: Tris (7mm), Supra.(10 mm), abs (12 mm) for a new low of 13.5 per cent body fat.

Hmmm. I guess all those skinny ideas have helped.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8.5
Run
  • 34m 03s
  • 5.84 kms
  • 05m 50s /KM

Easy run, my ass! Good run. Never stopped (except to walk across the street). Ironman kept a great pace, and I didn't have a choice but to keep up. We started rather slow (in other runner traffic) this was good for me. I prefer starting up kinda slow. Then we just got faster and faster. Until my asthma hit...but I didn't stop. I knew if I did, I wouldn't start again. Good little sprint in the -22 weather! 532 calories.

Easy run planned today. It is -27...I'm not exactly sure that I want to.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7

windnsnow's Training Log

February 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 

Time
Distance
  • August's totals