Swim
  • 50m
  • 1900.00 meters
  • -----

Who would have thought that all that running would have tired out my arms. It was hard getting through this, but after about 1300m, it just became easy.

Today is a carbon copy of yesterday, except that:

1. I have to work
  2. I am more sore
  3. I am one pound lighter than I've ever been
  4. I am up earlier, but for no good reason
  5. I will rediscover the joys of chlorine
  6. Ceci n'est pas un six.
  7. Did I mention my calf hurts?
  8. Oh yeah, and I'm not running for 4 hours today.

I guess carbon ain't what it used to be.

And for your pronounciation pleasure, here is the definative way to pronounce Rhymes with fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOwoC_dMDbk

• Health data: Soreness: 2 Hours slept: 7.5
Run
  • 3h 54m
  • 32.51 kms
  • 07m 12s /KM

ow ow ow ow.
K, did it.

Yeah, there's no mistake up there. Longest distance I've ever run. My calf was constantly on the verge of cramping, but you know what?
I was surprisingly strong through most of this. I think I had a break through.
Sort of like long distance swims. When I got past 18k, I was slow, but it was almost effortless. Lots of calf pain, but it wasn't suffering at all.
Just doing it. Like some perverse Nike ad.
I passed a friend who asked how long I'd been out. At the time, I said 3 hours. He said "why you doing that????" I said.."how the hell should I know, ask the Ironman.
Felt very strong...all things considered. Surged ahead and felt great.
It was freezing this morning, -16 with wind.
I didn't drink enough. About two large bottle of Glyco for the whole thing. Two gels and ao Clif Blok that was gummy and almost frozen and almost choked me. I kept the gels toasty in my gloves (isn't that clever)
Iron man had to wait for me to try to swallow the damn stuff. Had it stuck in my teeth for a couple of K, which was a surprising treat - slow release food.
Stopped at Ironman's house (Yes I had to use the hair dryer on my curly locks and my balaclava - I felt like a wet sock!) Stop at the University. Brief stop at the Science Centre, but didn't refuel there.
Did mostly 3ks with brief water breaks - although near the end I stretched it out more because I felt good.
Road were very icy in parts. Had trouble keeping warm and then trouble keeping cool...Sun was out,but there was wind. One of those stupid weather days.
Surged up hills and surprised myself. Even ran up Douglas Park Hill on way out.

I divided this into out and back laps - although they were of different distance.
Out was 6:42 pace 1:51time 16.65k hr 141 avg
Way back was 7:46 pace, 2:03 time and 15.87K HR 134avg
So I guess I slowed down a bit.

Most of this was Z2-3...Burned a lot of fat baby...

3353 cals!

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m

ow ow ow OW I said!

PM UPDATE

There you go. I didn't listen to my noisy calf and ran further and longer than I ever have....I feel a bit like Forrest, Forrest Gump.

7 a.m.

Big calf pain. Left calf still hurts. I tried to stretch it out, massage it, ice it, think loose thought. Nothing worked. It feels like a bruise/cramp.

I think it is from running on Friday on a full stomach on the ice. Oi!

• Health data: Soreness: 2 Hours slept: 7.5
Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 40.00 kms
  • -----

Exceptional morning spin. Started off a little slow, but I got very strong and increased the cadence as I went. Lots of heavy sweating.

Penticton RealRides out and back flat section DVD.

Felt strong.

Heart rate running a little higher than normal.

Run
  • 20m
  • 3.20 kms
  • 06m 15s /KM

BRICK
Treadmill at Level 10 with the Ironman. (not the same treadmill).
Really hard to get going. Left calf has a golf ball in it!
All other systems are go!
Felt great after a while. Ran maybe a little too fast. 2x incline and from 6 to 9x speed.
Tried to stretched out my stride.
Watched Nick's women do their thing on the rope. Very entertaining.

Well I hurt all over.

Combination of Brendan and running on black ice yesterday. My calfs were cramping all night. I have a sore stomach. (must have been the Sushi Hell food that didn't get digested because of my twilight run. WASABI!

I know the calf pain is because of the running with no traction.

And the sleepless night was extenuated by the 130 a.m. booty call I got.

The offer to fill the void of the young woman (my word edit here) was indeed very tempting, but I had to, sadly let her know that I was not Garth, but that she did give good voice.

And to my curious first wife who, only half awake asked who was that, I noted, no one special just another woman who wanted to penetrate Garth's errogenous zones. She didn't bat an eye...mind you her eyes were closed and she uttered the yes, dear.

I think I'm going to change my name to Garth.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6
Run
  • 32m
  • 5.10 kms
  • 06m 16s /KM

I ran outdoors I ran outdoors I ran outdoors.

First born won an oratory contest...next stop city finals - the geek.
So that blew my run plans because he really wanted to go to Sushi Hell.
So we gorged ourselves of Sushi. Then I drove drove to the University 45 minutes early to pick up second born from Synchro. Ran OUTDOORS around the University. Then picked up the second born.

Nothing like running on a full stomach and burping raw fish. I guess that a bit what a shark feels like...
Land Shark!

529 calories.

Cold is still lingering. Legs are sore. Ankle is tight, but good.

Strength
  • 1h 20m

Good session this morning. Lots of one legged jumps. Hurt my ankle (a bit - I feel it now)
Keeping cold at bay...Hopefully the long sleep I had last night got rid of it. I'll have to get plenty of sleep tonight too.

I do this to keep the world safe for superheroes.

First of all, please notice that the temperature thingee above note "low of -13" but it is currently -37. Why do I even have it there, I was better off when I had the weather from Minsk. Of course you can ask why I'm even here. I'm asking that about now. It could be worse, I could be helping Bopper's sproggs shovel snow again.

I'm keeping the cold at bay...I think. Lots of sleep. My neck is a little stiff Nick's left nut is feeling better, but that's always the case on day two as it moves into other places.

Let's see what Brendan doe to me this morning, shall we?

• Health data: Soreness: 3 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 8

Noon Update:

CRAP! Sore left tonsil. I think I'm getting sick again. That's always the first sign!

Working on my goal this morning of sleeping in.

I got up to pee a couple of time - I had a certain conversation in mind.

I was up at 5 - as usual, but forced myself to get back to sleep. It was a good idea.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Bike
  • 55m
  • 25.00 kms
  • 27.27 KM/hr

Bestest spin ever (well, this season).
RealRides Richter Pass. Lots of gear changes and surprisingly high cadences. Lots of power. Felt really good.

I was actually out of breath (in a good way, like after sex) after the spin.

A little bit of tightness on the left IT band that confuses me a little, I may have a leg length issue, this has surfaces before when I changed position or got a new bike.

I think the position is almost spot on!
I figured out my problem (whiny problem) from yesterday. I had my front wheel support set to downhill, so I was continuously sliding forward.
I'm almost content. This should get me through the day long exercise of pretending to be a grup.(grownup)

Run
  • 1h 30m
  • 11.00 kms
  • -----

I'm tired of running indoors.
But note to self. Don't let first wife feed you a big stodgy meal 30 minutes before running. I was so please that I didn't have to cook, I didn't have the heart to say anything.

Time and distance includes warm up and cool down and stretching..

Wanted to do two sets of fifteen but first born stubbed his toe and was ready to go and I (filled with dinner) did not protest.

30 minutes (6k) @ ~ 80 sec/lap
15 minutes (3k) @ ~ 69 sec/lap

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Stretched out my IT band after the ride.

6pm update

Well so much for good intentions.

Got out from the circlejerk clusterfruck meeting from hell (two hours late) and went to the pool for make up for my missed lunchtime swim.

Hey surprise. Lane swim in length wise and it is filled with tons of people (I counted three walkers to elderly blue hairs with flowers on their bathing caps a gearhead with blue swim paddles and 6 other kids and youth.) I don't like getting wet that much.

It could be worse, I could be trying to shovel Bopper out in Southern Ontario!

I'm morally and intellectually bankrupt after yesteday's meeting.

I'm kinda spent too. This day will be challenging. I have an all day meeting with the political folks -- so no swim again at lunch. Possibly a mixed blessing.

I feel tired all over, especially in my head. But I feel no pain in my ankle or arm.

I hate having to play the grownup day after day.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Bike
  • 1h 02m
  • 27.00 kms
  • -----

Real Rides Flats DVD (sort a hilly??) This DVD is mostly middle gearing intervals with some pyramids.
I forgot how bad changing position on the bike is. My biceps are sore, I couldn't get comfortable on the drops and the side of my thighs hurt, whatever muscle that is and my left leg is a little funny - and it isn't even telling jokes.
My whole upper body is off. I hope this is just adjustment to the new position...I can always go back. Otherwise good ride, Felt strong, just frustrated.

Kind of sluggish this morning. Trouble getting out of bed.

Big day at work, I think I'm just dreading it.

Stupid ankle still funny. Shoulder is not talking. Let's see what the day brings.

• Health data: Sick: 4 Hours slept: 6.5

windnsnow's Training Log

March 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • August's totals