Swim
  • 40m
  • 1400.00 meters
  • 02m 52s /100 meters

Did most of the swim set I stole from Sparco, There's something tight in my upperback...must have slept wrong. Didn't do the full set because I had a meeting.
I felt pretty tired, but I generated some good speed.

WU 400
6 X 50 desc.
(1m, 56:42, 54:19, 53:75, 54:10, 50:47)
4 x 100 on 20 sec
(1:58, 2:05, 2:09, 2:01)
200 easy bs, flutterkick, pull, bs
25 bs
25 full speed (21:30)
50 long strokes.

Run
  • 55m 19s
  • 10.01 kms
  • 05m 32s /KM

New shoes NB 768. Replacement of the 767 model. Very cozy, but I started to get a blister - it was the sock. Took it off adjusted it and went. Went fast.

Same course as monday Douglas Park:
7.23k in 38:48 pace 5:22. Really freakin' fast. Felt good. Very windy. Me, not as much.
Then did 4 hills average pace of 6:05.

973 cals.

I can't believe how fast that was.

PM update.

Bought new goggles in preparation for race day...smokey colour, they were out of plaid.

Slept in because I could.

I'll be swimming later and probably running tonight, if the rain isn't too bad.

Something strange is happening with my weight.

I also started a new iron supplement. To reassure me that the product was good, my pharmacist (not THE pharmacist who lurks here) assured me that it is what all the doctors give to their wives.

Now I know she was trying to say that if it is good enough for a doctor....

But I didn't like the fundamental assumptions that all doctors are male (unless I totally missed the boat and she was referring to high proportion of married lesbian doctors we have here).

As a female professional, I would have hoped that she would use examples and language that elevate women, not resubjugate them to being uneducated, idle and dependant on Da Man.

On the other hand, maybe she took a look at my long hair and thought I was a woman? Hmmm. I gotta stop wearing those Empire Waist shirts with the Lulu Lemon yoga pants.

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Bike
  • 40m
  • 18.00 kms
  • 27.00 KM/hr

Quick spin down to the University and a few laps with Trisportnick around the Icebreaker course.
Very windy. Lots of sand in the corners still.
That Nick...he's a fast bugger - doesn't even get out of breath.
Then back to work and Board Meeting.

I'm supposed to be tapering right.

Got up early. It was a great morning, but I was tired and a little sore. I was up late trying to fix the family computer that was infected and corrupted and perverted. I have to stop visiting CNN.com

I might just take today as a rest day just because I can.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6
Swim
  • 30m
  • 1250.00 meters
  • 02m 24s /100 meters

Didn't have the energy I thought I would have. Very sluggish with tired arms.
200 fs
100 kick/breast
200 fs
100 flutter kick/breast
200 fs
100 flutter kick/breast
200 fs
2 x 25 full speed (20 sec!)
50 breast
50 fs slow

Run
  • 40m
  • 7.18 kms
  • 05m 34s /KM

Dropped off first born at track and ran east around university along the parkway back past past Science centre, Douglas Park and back to track.

Stretched, then did two hills second one faster than I have ever run it.
This was about 2 k and 20 min, but I don't count it above. I forgot to turn on my Garmin

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 25m

Didn't really need to sleep in, but I'm switching my routine tonight - First Born moves to outdoor track, so I'll be running on a Monday night.

Change is as good as a....? How did that cliché go?

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.5
Bike
  • 2h 28m
  • 58.00 kms
  • 23.51 KM/hr

-10 and really windy. Why do I do this.
Rode at Lumsden with Mark R.
Went a lot slower than I wanted to and only did one loop (again!) I could have easily done a second. Mark is trying out a new bike and wasn't comfortable.
Wind was unbelievable. Top speed of 70.5 k/hr.
Felt good and strong. But cold.

It was a good ride, though. I felt good spending time with Mark. He has some confidence issues that I think he blew past today. The new Cervelo he is trying probably helped.

Run
  • 20m
  • 3.00 kms
  • -----

Brick.
Wanted to go longer. Mark's IT Band is still not behaving. Walked a fair bit back.

I'm going out early for a lengthy ride. I'm humouring a friend by going out this early, but it is still -10c out, so I don't know how funny this is going to be.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 27.00 kms
  • 27.00 KM/hr

Because I can.
Very windy. 2C.
Winter clothing. Trying out new gloves. Balaclava, thin booties and underarmour. Full body bibs/tights that I bought at penticton last year.
Cold.
Fastest speed 42.5k/hr
On the way back up it was unbearably windy. I smiled. Put my head down, downshifted to my 21 cog and pretended I was going up Richter's Pass. 90 rpm all the way. about 25k/hr.
Hills? we don't need no stinkin' hills!

PM update.

Just for the record. I spent a big chunk of the day with first wife...it was quite strange on a Saturday to do this.

Some of you may have been wondering with all this weight and girth I've been losing, what size am I really.

Well, I previously determined that I am the height of nonsense.

Size? Well. I've determined that I fit very comfortably in Size 4 Jeans. Please don't ask for details how I came to that conclusion. I told you I have spent a big chunk of the day with first wife....

Today may turn out to be a rest day...Not entirely a bad thing, methinks...but don't count your chickens before they are laid.

Supposed to go riding this morning.

Ha! Snow on the ground, -1c and windy.

I'm not going on to the hills in this. Call me wimp.

I'm very frustrated. Maybe this afternoon or tomorrow.

Did I say I was frustrated???

I'm also a little stiff hips, lower back and calfs from last nights run.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Swim
  • 1h 15m
  • 3000.00 meters
  • 02m 30s /100 meters

Well, didn't do as much as I hoped for, but not too shabby.

Was still tired from the killer dodgeball.
After 1100, I just settled in and felt very comfortable.

Did 1900 continuous @44:52
100 breast
400 FC
100 breast
(pee break)
400 paddles/pull buoy
100 pull buoy

Could probably have done more, but I felt a little faint a couple of times. And shoulders are sore(ish-that good numb feeling). I didn't eat enough today.

Run
  • 58m 32s
  • 10.00 kms
  • 05m 51s /KM

Wanted to do an easy hour...didn't happen. Started slow, but kept speeding up.
three stops (at traffic lights) had a bottle of weak Enervitine with me (carrying, not with belt) Felt fast and confident.
Good way to wind down the day.
870 cals

Did about 3 or 4 k at about 4:30-5 pace.

Strength
  • 1h 00m

Very strange Brendan workout this morning.
Started with Dodgeball...with calisthenic punishments if you got hit.
Then proceeded to more core/power alternates and finished up with some stretching.
Pretty intense at times and other times just easy...mind you I'm not the same pushover I was last year.
One of the buff ladies commented on my girth, or thereof in a somewhat complimentary fashion. I was wearing my new shorts...

Sport
  • Dodgeball
  • 15m

Mila made me log this...Brendan - prework work. When you got hit you had to do jumping jacks/push-ups/burpees.
I felt very manly and tough throwing the lighter-than-nerf balls with which I almost blew out my shoulder...I felt especially he-man like when Suzanne nailed me in the gut.

Gotta love Fridays.

Time to make the donuts.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6

I discovered that my CO2 cannister (that I bought with the gun) is just a smidge too big. Hence the leak.

Taking Pablo and Bopper's advice I am trying on this AXIOM 59 g Carbon up to 160 psi Baby.

Well. Supposed to go for a bike ride with Trisportnick.

After my cycling misadventures (Although I feel I can do anything now!) last night and the temperature. I backed out last night.

Good thing.

There is snow on the ground this morning.

Today has turned into a rest day. I've got stuff going on tonight.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

windnsnow's Training Log

April 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
  • August's totals