Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 2600.00 meters
  • 02m 19s /100 meters

Went swimming in the morning for the first time in forever...I went so I could keep an eye on the Ironman's secret training plan.
The had the usual 25m pool opened up to 50m and there were no ropes...My GAWD! if you are not used to it, 50m without a wall break and then 100m (cause I don't like wall breaks) is really, really tough.
I only thought I was going to do 1000, but Ironman was taking his time, so I just kept swimming, just kept swimming.

I have a sore shoulder still. I don't know if its the rotator or not...I should get it checked!
The swim was mostly moderate pace crawl (2:10 pace) with some Bs thrown in and some kicking with the Board at the end when they had shrunk the pool down to 25m again.
By the way. I was in the water for over 1.5 hours. I'm only counting swim time.

Just for some variety this morning, I feel like crap.

I know I didn't get enough sleep and I spent most of the evening yesterday playing soccer mom - from dance class to all-area schools end of year band concert.

You know, I tried to tap my foot along to the music, but I don't think you can can tap along to atonal music. And I heard John William's Star Wars played backwards...or was it sideways? It was just wrong, although the clarinet squeeks helped keep the time.

On the plus side I had too much to eat for lunch at a fancy schmancy hotel restaurant, skipped dinner and then cereal way too late.

Uggg.

Today I think I'll totally screw myself up by going swimming in the morning.

• Health data: Hours slept: 5
Bike
  • 57m
  • 27.00 kms
  • 28.42 KM/hr

Cycling fast in -3 is just not right.
Didn't have lots of energy and felt kind of lethargic...I think it was the early onset of hypothermia.
Tried out my new wool socks...didn't do much - feet still froze. Rode with my fanny pack filled with a cup and cutlery and plate and towel and (trying to add weight to simulate my ride this weekend). Not bad. The belt irritated my delicate hips a bit.
I giggled lots when I said Fanny Pack to myself. In Scottish Fanny means something completely different.
Go on, google it when there are no kids around.

I'm glad I rode. But I'm tired.

-3 and foggy?

What's annoying unseasonal weather, Alex.

• Health data: Hours slept: 5

Just for the record, I failed to note that after my run yesterday, my weight was at an all time low of 184...I then proceeded to drink 5 pounds of water.

I think I'll make part of today a rest day...I don't know about the rest.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 10.00 kms
  • -----

Some miracles happen..even on mother's day.

We went for a family bike ride around the lake. First born the sprinter got tired after 4k second born, the synchro swimmer got tired after 6k. First Wife was pretty good, all things considered.

Run
  • 2h 06m 23s
  • 21.10 kms
  • 05m 59s /KM

Wanted to go for a run...Prepared for something long and just kept going. Had to double back, to make up the right distance.
Started to fade in the last 4k. Achilles still not behaving.
First 10 K (one gulp of water) no stopping 57:05, 5:42 pace.
Second 10 K Took on gel, big gulp of water. One walk break at 16k.
No Glyco. Just water.
1901 cals

I've included some non-seasonal inspirational music here, especially instructional to our American friends. Listen in....

Helped Second Born make waffles for First Mother. Then lay in bed while Second Born and First Born gave their homemade presents to First Mother. They will also be making lunch and supper apparently. That means I'll have to go shopping with them.

Apart from that, I'm thinking about doing something energetic today. I'm kinda sore from the big increase in TITS volume...Good sore.

I'm not really too concerned about training today...I think I'm feeling a bit of a quiet week coming before my 3 days iin the mountains of 110k plus...

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Bike
  • 3h 00m
  • 81.00 kms
  • 27.00 KM/hr

Great ride around lumsden and up and down hills several times and along highway 11 to Exit A and back with a bunch of Ironmen...
Did some good riding with Nick. Took the hills slow - he motored up them!
He's learning a lot...Much more comfortable since I last rode with him. It'll come.

Did some really fast riding, averaging about 36 to catch up with the lead pack (Mackenzie) which I did. Nick wasn't far behind.

A good day. Could have done another loop, but it was late.
A little sore now.

Run
  • 19m
  • 3.50 kms
  • 05m 26s /KM

Did a brick right after the run.
Nothing special. I know I ran too fast, but it felt pretty good. Ended with an uphill part behind the gas station.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 45m

Over two sessions. After ride and when I got home.

Urg. I am so sore...My clavicle Hurts. That's all I have to say.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6
Swim
  • 52m 38s
  • 2300.00 meters
  • 02m 17s /100 meters

Great Swim! I just got in there and did it.
1000 continuous
100 breast stroke
50 kick on back (got wicked hamstring cramp!)
150 easy
6 x 50 on 5 sec
4 x 100 on 20 sec
200 pull and paddles
100 pull
20 minutes hot tub!

Strength
  • 1h 15m

Session felt long with Brendan...Had lots of power though...Did all the hard versions of the exercises, including the one leg hop onto the tall box.

Some Race Pix are up!

Urg.

For the record, I don't like nightmares.

But the ones that drag on all night long, are in high def and colour and have a really good storyline are even worse.

What I want to know, though, is why was he wearing a turban before he turned into a sheetmetal blanket that I could only get rid of by locking into the dumptster. And why couldn't I prove to them that the pearl and ivory was fake as was the alabaster. It should have felt warmer to the touch than the Venetian marble.

Oh, to spend the day inside my head...

• Health data: Hours slept: 6
Bike #1
  • 12m
  • 3.50 kms
  • -----

Okay, if I'm going to commute, I'm going to commute.
I took my Garmin with me and now I have an exact mileage and time. I will adjust yesterday's appropriately.
A little nippy this morning, and I have to do some maintenance on the derailleur...it is squeaky.
Or maybe that's me.

Bike #2
  • 24m
  • 6.50 kms
  • 16.25 KM/hr

I think I've just figured out how to practice my swim to bike transitions!
Uneventful, but sweaty (after I showered) ride from work to pool and from pool to work.

Swim
  • 18m 30s
  • 800.00 meters
  • 02m 19s /100 meters

Had some last minute things pile up and then I had to get back to work for 1 p.m for a 1:30 meeting. Not a lot of swim time, but I did it. And I'm glad.

Bike #3
  • 56m
  • 28.00 kms
  • 30.00 KM/hr

Smoking fast ride into the wind and back into the wind...Don't ask me how that happened.
I started off not having any legs...residual from the race...I just got really fast all of a sudden!

I'm turning into a wuss in my old age.

I got up at five and I just couldn't convince myself to ride my bike in -1c with a -6 windchill. I'm not trying to prove anything...now if it were -40c that would be different!

I crawled back into bed.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.5

windnsnow's Training Log

May 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance