• 107.20 kms
  • 27.39 KM/hr

max 61.4 max

Run
  • 30m
  • 4.00 kms
  • -----

Radium to Golden 

I should be on the road...day 2 all downhill.

Bike
  • 3h 20m
  • 107.00 kms
  • 32.10 KM/hr
Run
  • 20m
  • -----
  • -----

Today the ride begins.

Castle Junction to Radium.

Radio (Internet Silence) starts today Thomas Dolby.

A little excited.

Today we hit the road for Calgary, Canmore and tomorrow Castle Junction, Alberta. Then the 110km + per day ride through the not so flat British Columbia.

Stand in the place where you are!

Think about direction...

• Health data: Hours slept: 6

Can you tell my training this week is a little messed up?

I spent the evening packing for the BIG BIKE RIDE and it just exhausted me. I have to have everything in one bag that i can carry on my back while on the bike...I just can't find any room my my sousaphone.

Today I drop off the dirty girl at a super secret transportation  location and tomorrow morning we leave. 

Do you think putting so many Cervélos in one place is safe...Maybe they might breed. 

But a lot of them are big city carbon and dirty girl is small-town trailer park aluminum....hmmm...Good by Norma Jean, Hello Marylin!  

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 2600.00 meters
  • 02m 19s /100 meters

Went swimming in the morning for the first time in forever...I went so I could keep an eye on the Ironman's secret training plan.
The had the usual 25m pool opened up to 50m and there were no ropes...My GAWD! if you are not used to it, 50m without a wall break and then 100m (cause I don't like wall breaks) is really, really tough.
I only thought I was going to do 1000, but Ironman was taking his time, so I just kept swimming, just kept swimming.

I have a sore shoulder still. I don't know if its the rotator or not...I should get it checked!
The swim was mostly moderate pace crawl (2:10 pace) with some Bs thrown in and some kicking with the Board at the end when they had shrunk the pool down to 25m again.
By the way. I was in the water for over 1.5 hours. I'm only counting swim time.

Just for some variety this morning, I feel like crap.

I know I didn't get enough sleep and I spent most of the evening yesterday playing soccer mom - from dance class to all-area schools end of year band concert.

You know, I tried to tap my foot along to the music, but I don't think you can can tap along to atonal music. And I heard John William's Star Wars played backwards...or was it sideways? It was just wrong, although the clarinet squeeks helped keep the time.

On the plus side I had too much to eat for lunch at a fancy schmancy hotel restaurant, skipped dinner and then cereal way too late.

Uggg.

Today I think I'll totally screw myself up by going swimming in the morning.

• Health data: Hours slept: 5
Bike
  • 57m
  • 27.00 kms
  • 28.42 KM/hr

Cycling fast in -3 is just not right.
Didn't have lots of energy and felt kind of lethargic...I think it was the early onset of hypothermia.
Tried out my new wool socks...didn't do much - feet still froze. Rode with my fanny pack filled with a cup and cutlery and plate and towel and (trying to add weight to simulate my ride this weekend). Not bad. The belt irritated my delicate hips a bit.
I giggled lots when I said Fanny Pack to myself. In Scottish Fanny means something completely different.
Go on, google it when there are no kids around.

I'm glad I rode. But I'm tired.

-3 and foggy?

What's annoying unseasonal weather, Alex.

• Health data: Hours slept: 5

Just for the record, I failed to note that after my run yesterday, my weight was at an all time low of 184...I then proceeded to drink 5 pounds of water.

I think I'll make part of today a rest day...I don't know about the rest.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

windnsnow's Training Log

May 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • August's totals