• 17.14 KM/hr

Commuting to work.
Stupid Wind!
Felt pretty good.

Bike #2
  • 14m
  • 3.50 kms
  • -----

Return ride home. Different route. Drivers are even STUPIDER after work.

I had a special request for another avatar change.

I do birthday parties and bar mitzvah too!

Rest day today...Maybe?

Pool is closed for next five days...careless bums...Well actually it is the provincial synchro swimming competition at which my second born is volunteering and participating, so I shouldn't complain too loudly.

Commuted to work in the wind. It is a beautiful day.

I was a little groggy and tired this morning, and last night. My achilles (other one-left) was sore last night and this morning. I iced it, better now.

Must be the hills.

Swim
  • 45m
  • 2000.00 meters
  • 02m 15s /100 meters

I was determined to not come up with an excuse to cut my swim short.

WU 4 X 100
50 BS
50 flutter kick
MS
10 x 100 @ 10 sec rest averaged 2:06
50 BS
50 back kick
400 pull (alternating sides I breathe on) I have a lot of trouble on the left.

Felt good after 600k. Tired, but good. No left shoulder pain. One of my toes hurts...WTF?

Run
  • 1h 02m 25s
  • 10.01 kms
  • 06m 14s /KM

From Douglas Park track - 10 hills, 6k +4k warm up and cool down.
Average pace up hills about 6:20.
Strong headwind going up hill.
Stupid wind.
Felt a little week, but I did it.
No stopping.

I was worn out from scraping tar off my bike and my legs. My favorite beaver socks are destroyed.

I decided to sleep in.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.5
Run
  • 52m 50s
  • 8.63 kms
  • 06m 07s /KM

Blah! No energy this morning. Legs felt like two bags of cement. Got 'er done though and more than I expected. Just ran slow and picked it up a bit when I started really dogging it.
One brief walk at the turnaround - 4.25km
Beautiful morning for a run...once I got over the -3 temperature!

Bike
  • 1h 53m 44s
  • 53.68 kms
  • 28.32 KM/hr

Well the plan was two hours out to Pense (think about it). Damn wind...but manageable. Three quarters of the way to Pense I started hearing and feeling rocks against my bike frame and feeling wet things...Tar. I was cycling over wet tar covering the cracks on the shoulder.
I had big wads of tar on my bike on my bottles and on my legs. My legs were sticky and black.
My dirty girl became a tar baby!
I spent 1 hour cleaning the goop of her.

Despite all that, I had a pretty good ride. The way back had a cross wind and a tail wind and hit 44.8 km/hr and averaged about 40/hr for at least 15 minutes.
Great ride...a bit like great sex. Ended up all sticky.

Oh man I'm tired. But hey, at least it is only -3 degrees out. There's always a bright side.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6
Swim
  • 30m
  • 1000.00 meters
  • 03m /100 meters

Should have made today a rest day. I had nothing in the pool. The water actually felt like it was slowing me down.
I did what I could to dog through 1k and then called it quits.
Must be tired from the weekend.

Bike
  • 1h 47m
  • 37.00 kms
  • 20.75 KM/hr

First son had track practice so I rode to the track and back with him with some laps around the park.
I hate riding in the city - too many crazies and too many potholes.

Did some sprints - got up to 42k/hr on the flats
Just doddled a bit tried some new roads I've never been down before.
Then lay in the sun for 15 minutes waiting for First Born...I got a chill waiting and the return ride home was chilly and I felt a little faint.

I am still a little tired, I think.

First of the Golden Triangle Pictures are posted here

Just got back from the Mayor/Lisa Bentley News conference.

Lisa Bentley Challenges Mayor Fiacco
Friday, 23 May 2008
On Monday, May 26th, 2008 at 10:00 am Mayor Pat Fiacco and 11-time Ironman Champion Lisa Bentley will be holding a news conference at the Carmichael Outreach Centre...
The Carmichael Outreach Centre is located at 1925 Osler Street. The purpose of the event is to announce a challenge Lisa Bentley has for Mayor Fiacco.
The challenge will raise funds for the Carmichael Outreach Centre. Here is how it will work, for every pound Mayor Fiacco weighs more than Lisa Bentley he will get one minute subtracted from his Ironman Canada finishing time. For every $100 dollars raised under the Mayor's Carmichael Outreach Ironman Challenge he can subtract 5 minutes. If the combination of the two puts his time under Lisa Bentley's finishing time, the Mayor wins. Lisa will then have to donate $100 dollars for every five minutes the Mayor is under her finishing time.

Got up to go cycling this morning. Woke up before the 5 a.m. alarm, walked around in a stupor, went out n the deck...yikes.

Checked the weather. 1 celcius. I'm tired of this. I went back to sleep and didn't wake up until 7:30!

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 53m 14s
  • 10.02 kms
  • 05m 19s /KM

Peanut Butter on Wet Toast!
Okay, against my better judgement, I ran faster than I expected.
Rain was bad and wind was worse- 41k/hr

first 5k scorching 26:09/ 5:12/km
Second 5k slower 27:05/ 5:25/km

904 cals.

Previous PB was:
Jingle Bell Arthritis Run 10k @ 57.25min on 11/25/2007

Lisa Bentley ran the race and then ran back and cheered on everyone coming in.

I love that about her. She looked great, I like her smile!

"RACE" report is up.

Out with Country Music Impresario and the gang last night. I am really tired. I'm also very sore (good sore) from the windy ride yesterday. I will be running pretty easy today. The weather also sucks today, although we need this rain in a bad way.

So it should be an easy day.

• Health data: Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7
Bike
  • 3h 40m
  • 86.00 kms
  • 23.45 KM/hr

Well, that was interesting!
Rode with Rick to his place in Ft. Qu'Appele. He really needs to get a new bike.

40 to 50 km headwind and 65km/hr gusts from the side.
Hills, I don't need no stinkin' hills!
Interesting thing about the bike. At 14k/hr it is just hard to cycle....when I just got fed up and peddled hard till it hurt and pushed my speed up to 25km/hr, the bike actually got faster...duh.
What I mean is that I found a "sweetspot" it is as if the wind had less an effect at the higher speed. I actually switched to the big chainring and started to average more like 25-30k/hr instead of 15-20.
I think I learned something here. :)
Max 74.5 km/hr down the valley into Ft. Qu'Appelle. Fun fun fun in the crosswind.

Really worked on nutrition. Ran out of Glycocarb. Had what was left and gatorade mixed in a bottle. One small bottle of water and one bottle of accelerade that I didn't drink until after I was done.
Had one Powerbar @1:20hr and one Powergel @ 2:50hr. I could feel myself getting weak and then getting a rush from the drink or the food. Had more food, just didn't take it.

Had eggs, Salsa and one piece of toast for Breaky.
This is working out well.

Slept solo - first wife was at a "girls" night in the country. Mind you there were several children here last night who are not mine, I think, and they were all excited and wide awake at 11 pm because of the the community festival that is going on. I didn't get to sleep till later than I expected.

I'm riding by bike to rescue said first wife. I'll ride out the 85+km (in the silly wind!) and we'll drive back together. She suggested it, so who am I to argue...Mind you, I will miss a Lisa Bentley running class today because of it, but this is one of those sacrifices. I also have a 10k race tomorrow that I should be tapering for, but this is one of those sacrifices...it also is really a c, or a d race, so I'm not too concerned.

I'm still kinda blah, but spending huge amounts of time with myself yesterday helped. Funny how time organizes itself like that...

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Strength
  • 1h 15m

Surprisingly easy session with Brendan. Lots of Range of Motion exercises. Brendan added an extension on the black box and I squat jumped higher than I ever have before...This is scary.

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Rolling out my really sore calf.

I had to do the front and rear lawns eventually. There is a big street festival and community THANG tonight and tomorrow, I may as well make my property look presentable.

Sport #2
  • Yard Work
  • 2h 00m

Rolling out my really sore calf.

I had to do the front and rear lawns eventually. There is a big street festival and community THANG tonight and tomorrow, I may as well make my property look presentable.

Feeling kinda blah this morning. Going to train with Brendan for first time in two weeks. Calf is very tight. That's not it.

I'm just feeling kinda sad, but I can't put my finger on it. I'm feeling another Karmic shift coming.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6

windnsnow's Training Log

May 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • August's totals