Run
  • 24m 12s
  • 4.50 kms
  • 05m 23s /KM

I'm back!
Started with a few tentative steps. Waiting for a pain, or a twinge or something.
But mr. Ham&Cheese made no complaints.
I didn't intend to run fast - I even avoided the dirt trail - too uneven. I ran naked. No GPS or HRM - Did most of the Icebreaker course (sans hill).

I'm really hungry to race now...can you tell?

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m

Good long stretch after run.

Okay, now I start thinking about Saturday.

I'm not healed yet, but it is feeling better. Massage never happened. In fact she never called me back like she promised she would...There are few basics to humanity that are quickly disappearing.

It's go from here!

• Health data: Soreness: 4 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 8
Swim
  • 30m
  • 800.00 meters
  • -----

Okay, that was cold.
First OWS of the season (race next week!)
8 degrees air temp.
I'm still coughing - I think it is my testicles in my throat.
Not that bad actually. Wore a Zoot head cover. Very cold on the face, took my breath away every time I put my head under water. Total swim time was about 15 minutes.
Suit performed well. The repairs I made to it held waterproof. I think this is the last season I can wear this suit, it is getting baggy - I've lost too much girth.
Swam with Nick. He did well, was having some problems with his suit size. He's got some serious muscle on him and the suit was a little tight last year, this year it is even tighter around the shoulders-he didn't look comfortable.
There were tons of fisher people who looked at us as we were crazy. The pelicans and seagulls just thought we were nuts.
Got 'er done. Feel more comfortable now. I'm so ready...as long as Mr. Hammy gets better soon.

I just don't know. A little less tender...maybe I'm getting insensitive?

Early morning OWS with Nick. It is 8 degrees out there. Hmmmm. Where's that little purse so I can put my testicles in for safekeeping.

• Health data: Soreness: 3 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 7
Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 1h 00m

Grass had to be cut.

Garage door broke. Spent 3 hours looking for the part. couldn't find it. End up working with God-like neighbour who let me used his rivets.

It's all good.

Washed bike as bonus. 

Still another day. And I still am. Still.

For all of you who are interested and have a spare 15 minutes, first born just finished a short film based on the video game called Picman Watch here. You may be forced to watch a commercial first.

• Health data: Soreness: 2 Sick: 4 Hours slept: 10
Swim
  • 25m
  • 1000.00 meters
  • -----

Long course. Took my time. Took break after every 100. Last 100 fast with pull buoy.

Work with me people! Bus driver drives onto the highway using the offramp!

No injuries in Regina school bus crash
73-year-old male driver charged with driving without due care

Leader-Post

REGINA -- A 73-year-old school bus driver has been charged with a Highway Safety Act offence after a minor incident involving a bus loaded with students Friday morning.

None of the children was harmed. The kids were transferred to another bus minutes later, and continued on with a field trip to the Ipsco pool.

The incident happened at Pasqua Street North and Highway 11 at about 11:15 a.m., when a school bus became stuck in a roadside ditch.

Regina Public Schools spokesman Terry Lazarou said the matter was an "error in judgment" that occurred when the driver missed his turn, and tried to turn the bus around. He said the bus got stuck in the course of a three-point turn, but was not "slipping or falling or anything like that."

He said the children, Grade 4 and 5 students, were not in any danger.

The RCMP charged the driver with driving without due care. Lazarou said the bus driver is employed by a contractor, and has an impeccable driving record.

The contractor will determine what sanctions -- if any -- will be taken in regard to the driver, but Lazarou said the school division will work with the contractor to ensure they are comfortable with the outcome.

© Leader-Post 2008

This is getting to be a like a Talking Heads song.

Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was.

I'm getting a massage tomorrow. No Brendan today, that would be too risky.

Told you I'm getting strange things sent to me on Facebook.

Photobucket" />

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Swim
  • 50m 54s
  • 2100.00 meters
  • 02m 25s /100 meters

Continuous swim. No stop.
Okay, I'm ready for the swim.

Still tender. Not happy. Might swim today.

• Health data: Soreness: 3 Sick: 4 Hours slept: 8
Swim
  • 20m
  • 1000.00 meters
  • 02m /100 meters

Can you tell I had some pent up energy.
Didn't really go that fast, the pool was set up as long course and it was packed, so there was no room or time to doddle. Had to pass a number of people several times, so that sped me up too.

Ended the session with 25 minutes of having pelvic relations with the Hot tub jet, while talking with Coach Jason...very strange.
I could definitely feel hammy during the swim, the hot tub jet pounded and massaged the hell out of it and now it just feels "manhandled sore" I can deal with that. I know it means it's healing.

Okay, I think I'm going to give this a tri.

A little gentle swimmy swim and and jacerruzzi this morning.

• Health data: Soreness: 3 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 6
Sport #1
  • Massage
  • 15m

Paying attention to mr. hammy.

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 30m

Paying attention to mr. hammy.

So I succumb to the lure of Facebook and next thing I know I'm seeing pictures that I have never seen before.

This one is of me at a nudist colony, contemplating a life as a gigolo. Note the resemblance to Snuffy.

Photobucket" />

Okay now I'm getting a little annoyed.

Hamstring is still sore. I'm taking another day. Maybe it is for the better.

• Health data: Soreness: 2 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 8

windnsnow's Training Log

June 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance
  • August's totals