Swim
  • 30m
  • 1000.00 meters
  • -----

Recovery swim.
Man was I tired. Felt efficient. Not fast or strong, but efficient. Like my body was an effective vessel.
Shoulders a little sore, calves close to cramping.

Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 1h 00m

Someone had to do it!

Had a late night.

Tried to fire up the engine for an easy run this morning, but the glow plug just wouldn't ignite.

That's okay, It's not like I have another HIM in less than 3 weeks or anything.

But I am recovering nicely.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6
Bike
  • 56m
  • 27.00 kms
  • 28.93 KM/hr

Recovery ride. Had to hold back, I could have gone much further, faster.
Tight muscles feel better.

RACE REPORT IS UP

Okay. I'm back. Work or BT.... what a dilemma...I promise I'll have stuff up soon. Thanks for your inspires!

Official results are here.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Travel day back home.
Swim
  • 41m 24s
  • 2000.00 meters
  • 02m 04s /100 meters
Bike
  • 3h 19m 23s
  • 96.00 kms
  • 28.89 KM/hr

Bike time 3:10 - Pace 30 k/hr.
T1 5:20
T2 1:54

Run
  • 2h 19m 30s
  • 21.10 kms
  • 06m 37s /KM
Racing in Calgary! Final time 6:20:15!

Run
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----

Run with Nick to limber up, pre-race.

Leave for Chinook today.

Thanks for your support. I shall return  anon, triumphant perchance.

For those of  you keeping score. First Born graduated from Grade 8 yesterday. He was on the Honour Role (today is brought to you by the Canadian letter U) and he also earned the academic award for highest grades - sharing it with a nice you lady with whom he seems to share a whole bunch of other stuff...The DNA sure doesn't fall far from the petrie  dish.

TTFN!

• Health data: Soreness: 4 Sick: 1 Hours slept: 5

News Release

Regina - John aka Starcorp took a tumble on Lumsden Hill last night. He sustained a number of scrapes and destroyed his helmet. All limbs function as well as they did prior to bike crash.

He overnighted at the hospital and following a number of tests, is in much better spirits this morning. He is okay! Although has a number more tests to complete. Remember, he is the Ironman.

Thanks to Pat S. and her medical expertise for being there for him. And to Wife Gwynne for being Gwynne!

He has had some coffee in him this morning and has had his blackberry returned to him. All is good.

No word on his bike.

Windnsnow
Supervisor of Communications
Starcorp Rehabilitation Project

Starcorp had a bicycle accident late Tuesday. As of 11:30 p.m. he was in hospital getting some tests done. He's pretty banged up (not sure of the extent-all limbs work) Helmet is cracked in several places. HELMETS SAVE LIVES!

He was making jokes and in pretty good spirits, considering he couldn't get his coffee. I'll provide updates when I have them - or, more probably, he will.

• Health data: Soreness: 3 Sick: 1 Hours slept: 4

windnsnow's Training Log

June 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance
  • August's totals