Swim
  • 45m 45s
  • 2050.00 meters
  • 02m 14s /100 meters

Very interesting swim. I really didn't feel like it and my arms were tired, but because I had a set routine, I managed to get through almost all of it.
Had some discussions with Coach Jason about maybe working on some speed work...Apparently I am very very fast - over 25m, then I fade to very very slow.
Also my lane mate...I'll call her goggle licker (she does) commented on my legs going all over the place so I focused a bit on keeping them together and that threw off my balance, but it helped a lot.
Good Swim
WU 400
6 X 25 ex/fast
MS
12x100 as 3 on 30,25,20" and
2 x 50 back
last 3 x100 on 10"
200 pull buoy.

Run
  • 59m 29s
  • 10.27 kms
  • 05m 47s /KM

Well it was overcast when I started and then it started to mist and then it started to rain and then I had to go to the bathroom...All in all a good run. Now I have to go to my Board Meeting.
Running a little slower than I expected and my heart rate was a little high...hmmm overtraining a little? Gotta watch that.

2 pm. Accuweather update. It now notes that it is raining, when it reality it is not raining, but cloudy.

You know Regina is such a vast city, that I can understand the discrepancies. They can't possible get the weather right for every corner of the city, and someone, somewhere in town must have be taking a shower or flushed after a dump.

5:00 am.

Contrary to what accuweather is displaying now, it is actually raining and very windy. I don't feel like riding on the highway in that. I'm swimming at lunch...I am probably running before my board meeting tonight. I think I'll train a little on my mental game.

I'm going back to bed.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Swim
  • 50m
  • 2000.00 meters
  • 02m 30s /100 meters

Oh boy that was hard to get started. I felt like quitting for the first half, but just kept going. At the end could have gone more, but had to get back to work.
WU 300 (25 skul/25 long pulls)
MS 3 X 400 increasing.
CD 150 easy
50 bs

I must have been tired. I slept right through First Wife's alarm...still got up to make her coffee though...I understand my marital obligations.

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Run
  • 1h 55m 24s
  • 18.12 kms
  • 06m 22s /KM

Really didn't feel like doing that.
But I managed to start and felt pretty good as I went along.
Tried something new. No nutrition, just fat burning.
Kept the pace slow and had plenty of water from a water bottle that I filled up from water fountains. Must have had enough hydration because I only lost about 4 pounds. Started to feel a little weak aroun km 14, but kept going. Started to hurt at about 16. Probably could have done the extra 5 minutes to take it up to 2hrs, but I already had returned home and gone around my block twice...I mistimed the distance. I kinda sprinted home...
Did I need the gels? Not really at this speed. It's all good.

Slept in.

Had some entertaining going on last night at a friends house. If this body is a temple, it worships Dionysus!

Kinda really sore this morning from the ride and from the day before. Time to get moving.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 4h 17m
  • 110.00 kms
  • 25.68 KM/hr

Oh, a head wind, what a surprise!
Stupid wind!
Decided to ride bike out Lumsden , rather than drive out. Great idea!
Rode with Nick and the studly Brendan (avec groin injury) and his mystery guest.
Okay, Nick is pretty studly too.
Great ride. Had the wind at our backs for half the ride. Got some good speed both ways.
hit 77k/hr on one of the hills, that's a new record on the Cervelo. Nick did great on the hills and even better on the downhills, he is so ready for Chinook.
Nutrition. Two bottles of water. One bottle of Glycocarb that I sucked directly form the bottle and didn't mix. One Powerbar at 1.5 hours and one Hammer Gel at 3 hours. That's all I needed.
Something new - two E-load capsules (electrolytes). I'm trying to focus on water and not Gatorade - although the gel and powerbar have ample amounts for this distance.
Good ride - even through the city.

Run
  • 06m
  • 1.00 kms
  • -----

Quick brick around the block - had to give first wife some lovin for her understanding...and I had to go see second born at synchro.

Felt very good.

Ouch I'm a little sore.

Who's dumb Idea was a 12k run followed by cleaning the house?

Oh well, today's long ride should take my mind off it. And yes, that is why I'm up at the crack of stupid.

• Health data: Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 5
Run
  • 1h 14m 18s
  • 12.00 kms
  • 06m 11s /KM

another headwind...Stupid wind!
Around the two lakes. Deliberatly slowly.
I have a four hour bike tomorrow.
Came close to bonking. Had nothing to eat and only water fountain water every 3 or so k.
I think it was the wind that wore me out.
Finished strong. Never stopped smiling. Starred down some punks in a convertible. Life is good.

Strength
  • 1h 15m

Another strange and varied workout with Brendan. Lots of range of motion and power moves...jumping over static ropes, hurdles, swiss balls and lots of stretching.
Ironman would have hated it.

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 25m

Walking to meeting downtown and back home for lunch.

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 30m

Walking to meeting downtown and back home for lunch.

SOME OF YOU ARE SO HARD TO PLEASE

Mind you some of you are just pushovers for a lush lexicon

I am a little concerned that the rain we were supposed to get on Thursday did not arrive yet and is now supposed to plummet to the Earth on Saturday, the day I was planning my 4-hour ride.

i don't know what it is like in your town, but here, the weather prognosticators are making it up as they go along.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6
Bike #1
  • 14m
  • 3.50 kms
  • 17.14 KM/hr

Commuting to work.
Stupid Wind!
Felt pretty good.

Bike #2
  • 14m
  • 3.50 kms
  • -----

Return ride home. Different route. Drivers are even STUPIDER after work.

I had a special request for another avatar change.

I do birthday parties and bar mitzvah too!

Rest day today...Maybe?

Pool is closed for next five days...careless bums...Well actually it is the provincial synchro swimming competition at which my second born is volunteering and participating, so I shouldn't complain too loudly.

Commuted to work in the wind. It is a beautiful day.

I was a little groggy and tired this morning, and last night. My achilles (other one-left) was sore last night and this morning. I iced it, better now.

Must be the hills.

Swim
  • 45m
  • 2000.00 meters
  • 02m 15s /100 meters

I was determined to not come up with an excuse to cut my swim short.

WU 4 X 100
50 BS
50 flutter kick
MS
10 x 100 @ 10 sec rest averaged 2:06
50 BS
50 back kick
400 pull (alternating sides I breathe on) I have a lot of trouble on the left.

Felt good after 600k. Tired, but good. No left shoulder pain. One of my toes hurts...WTF?

Run
  • 1h 02m 25s
  • 10.01 kms
  • 06m 14s /KM

From Douglas Park track - 10 hills, 6k +4k warm up and cool down.
Average pace up hills about 6:20.
Strong headwind going up hill.
Stupid wind.
Felt a little week, but I did it.
No stopping.

I was worn out from scraping tar off my bike and my legs. My favorite beaver socks are destroyed.

I decided to sleep in.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.5

windnsnow's Training Log

June 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance