Bike
  • 2h 10m
  • 60.00 kms
  • 27.69 KM/hr

Crap it was windy! Cross wind both ways out towards Pense.
I was still able to hit about an average of 29 k/hr.
ON the way home up Lewvan I could not gat any faster than 22k/hr.

Got it done and doing the family time things.

Sport
  • Golf
  • 1h 00m

First Wife woke up and said she wanted to go to the driving range. So after significant preparations, we got to the the driving range and hit some balls.
It was actually kinda fun.

Dominion Day today...ooops, I'm showing my age - Canada Day. It's the national holiday built around a bunch of old white men getting together on an island of the east coast and politicing and giving land that was not their's away and promising railways for everyone and a beaver pelt in every pot. And 141 years later this Confederation of provinces is still a country, despite the same old white men...well not the original ones, they died...a bunch of old white men coming up with a bunch of reasons to to change things or break up the country. Happy Canada Day! By the way. I still remember this song , even though I first heard it when I was one, not one hundred.

In other more important news on this day, First Wife became a Canadian Citizen on this day, a number of years back, so I guess it does has some merit.

And for your further amusement, here is a picture of me doing what I do best at last week's See Jane Tri race: drinking coffee and talking on the phone.

Photobucket" />

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Bike #1
  • 15m
  • 4.00 kms
  • -----

Commute to work

Bike #2
  • 15m
  • 4.00 kms
  • -----

Commute back from work

Run
  • 1h 07m 10s
  • 10.74 kms
  • 06m 15s /KM

Pushed the Red Zone again today.
Went for a run mid day at 34 degrees C. Hot. Really hot and the sun was hot!
Took my time. Stopped at every water fountain. Had a cold bottle in my hand -which helped until it got warm. I think I will freeze it next time!
Did a lot of walking - off the clock. Must have done an extra 2k walking.
Did everything I could to stay out of the heat. Including running on the grass, near the trees - heat was radiating off the ashphalt. Almost rolled an ankle stepping into a sprinkler hole. That woke me up in a hurry.
Crappy run overall, but finished strong. I have to get used to this heat in a hurry!

Swim
  • 31m 10s
  • 1500.00 meters
  • 02m 05s /100 meters

First Born's best friend has moved near the beach. We drove him up and I then went for a swim.
Water was refreshing - but it is getting warm in a hurry!
Punched the crap out of a buoy when I wasn't paying attention. They are hard plastic, I'm glad I didn't run into it withy my head.
Great swim, could have gone further! First wife was patiently waiting for me, and I will swim more this week, so I cut it short.

I really must have spent too much time in the sun yesterday...I felt really tired all afternoon and evening and just lay on the couch, essentially.

As his reward for honour roll and for top mark and, just for being him, First Born was treated to his favorite food - lobster. He had a 2 pounder! Cooked to perfection with butter was all that he needed last night. When we were buying it at the fishmongers, we stopped by the crab tank and I swear I could hear them say "hey! Hey! HEY!!!" Fans of Nemo will know what I mean. Of course there were gulls out side yelling "mine Mine!"

This morning, still tired. I woke up at the crack and very quickly went back to sleep until 7:30.

I was supposed to run this morning, but no way. I'm am just pooped. This needs to be a hard week before race taper next week. Better get my @ss in gear! 

On the plus side, school is over, so I just have real work to do now, without the distractions of principals, and senior admin and, hopefully, media! 

• Health data: Hours slept: 7

Volunteer day. See Jane Tri.

I'm exhausted already! 

• Health data: Hours slept: 5
Bike
  • 4h 20m
  • 120.00 kms
  • 27.69 KM/hr

Well! I caught Nick doing his super secret training with Kieren Doe - you know, the Kiwi who won Ironman Canada last year...And who said Southern Saskatchewan is not a cool place to ride.
Rode out from Regina, did 3 sets of hills, on loop and then back. Rode with Lee-Ann for a while, past most of the RMC mucky mucks including Doug McK and Brendan was there too. I did my own thing. Good ride.

A little tired at times, but got my energy back quickly. Jason and Nick went off to Reg Beach to measure for next week's race.
Head wind on way out, side wind on way back.
Good ride. Hips a little sore.
Nutrition: 1.5 Glyco concentrate 2 powerbars 6 eload pills. One bottle water.Didn't have anything but water for about one hour. Should have had eggs this morning. Had almond butter and ginger preserve on toast and yogurt and coffee.
Had to pee a lot...I don't quite understand that, I didn't drink that much.

Booted it home to see first born race, but I missed him by 10 minutes!!! He did the 100m in about 11 seconds, winning the race and passing all the unitard-wearing 17 year olds... He's thirteen remember. We then cashed his check from his first two weeks of work.
All in all a productive day.
Second born is digging for Dinosaurs in Alberta somewhere.

Run
  • 33m 16s
  • 5.60 kms
  • 05m 56s /KM

Took a little trip into the Red Zone.
Didn't feel like running, but forced myself and forced myself to go around the lake, where I can't wimp out as easily.
Well I was tired and it went well until about 3.5k and then my body said "okay" stop know or I will hurt you. Hurt you in ways that you could not even imagine." This wasn't a bonk, it was just my body reacting to being tired and the heat. My heart rate never spiked. I had enough fluids and food and alt on board. It was just tiredness. Interesting feeling that I have never had before - I have bonked before. I'm calling it the red zone.

So I just stopped under a tree, lay down and watched the clouds go by for 10 minutes (clock off). Then I started running again and I didn't even realize how fast I was going at a 5:10 pace!
Then at 5.6k, I walked across the cross walk at Albert street (6 blocks from home) and I just never started it up again. I just walked home.
This was one of themore interesting experiences of my running career. It tels me I'd better do some more hot weather running...I think the 23 degrees and humidity didn't help.
Everything is a lesson.

Well, the alarm didn't go off. So I'm regrouping one hour later. Still a little chilly.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.5
Swim
  • 53m 13s
  • 2500.00 meters
  • 02m 08s /100 meters

Something has changed.
This was too easy.
Swam 2000 continuous @42.10
1min break to retrieve the pull buoy that someone stole and then another 500 fast continuous (averaging about 1:55/)

I think I've achieved a new level here.

Strength
  • 1h 00m

Nice easy routine lots of range of motion and stretch work. Still got a sweat going. Mila wouldn't like it.

Sport #1
  • Dodgeball
  • 15m

Yes, Brendan is trying to shake things up a bit. This was more like pillar ball, but dodgeball is close. Since John wasn't there it was not full contact.

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Yes, Brendan is trying to shake things up a bit. This was more like pillar ball, but dodgeball is close. Since John wasn't there it was not full contact.

Yet another Chinook photo added to the list here

This is going to be one long workout session. I didn't get much sleep, not sure why.

I might have to scrap my bike ride this afternoon, the weather guy calls for 136% chance of rain. Hmmmm.

• Health data: Hours slept: 5
Sport
  • Golf
  • 2h 30m

Okay, I'll admit it, it wasn't that bad. I especially like the part where you have to pull down your pants if you don't hit it past the woman's tee.

I decided to do some community charity today. Trisportnick's race report is here!

Careful! It is very sticky.

Got up to ride my bike. Decided I needed more sleep. Crawled back into the arms of the one I love, albeit limp, lifeless, dead to the world, sleeping arms.

I've lost my baby fat that I gained after Chinook last weekend and I'm back to a fighting weight.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Bike #1
  • 15m
  • 4.00 kms
  • -----

bike commute in to work. Beautiful morning.
My calves are hurting. I think I need more water.

Run
  • 46m 09s
  • 8.03 kms
  • 05m 45s /KM

Now that is some recovery run.
Felt sluggish and slow, but picked up in the second half!

Found somebody's cards. Stashed them on the way out and then carried them back. Very distracting. I'm going to do the right thing and call him. He looks like a bad@ss in his picture!

Bike #2
  • 15m
  • 4.00 kms
  • -----

Bike commute back home
I really don't like drivers on the way home.
I think they have all be lobotomized.

Swim
  • 30m
  • 1000.00 meters
  • 02m /100 meters

OWS at Regina Beach in Nick's Wetsuit.
Nick wasn't in it at the time.
I have to get a new suit. Mine is too baggy.

Swim was gorgeous.
More or less continuous. Total swim time (not farting around was more like 20 minutes. I didn't time it.

Went alone - the person that was supposed to go with me bailed.
I guess doing and OWS alone must mean I'm becoming hardcore!

Karma update.

I returned the lost identity, health, birth certificate and other cards to a very nice (bad@ss-looking) gentleman. It seems someone stole his wallet the night before. A number of credit cards were gone. He was on his cell phone canceling cards when I called his wife. That's four cards he won't have to hassle with.

Karma karma karma chameleon!

There's that stupified, other worldiness-like feeling you get from greeting the crack-of-stupid that I have missed!

Some Chinook pictures are up, by the way.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6

windnsnow's Training Log

July 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • August's totals