No, not dead.

Took a day of rest, my other ham is sore. And I had to go pick up second born 3 hours away. 

I thought of Highwaydog when I saw the sign for Dauphin.

This is sorta training for driving to Penticton!

• Health data: Hours slept: 10
Bike
  • 2h 00m
  • 56.00 kms
  • -----

Time and distance are estimates. My bike is still in the car, I have to wash her. Very dirty girl she is.
We went to Southey and got drenched. Nice road though, with a great training hill. I'm very impressed. Ended up running into a BT friend - It was a great surprise. Made for a very pleasant encounter.

Workout was cut short by bad weather (that cleared up) and Pat had a flat (and no pump) and my hamstring (exact same one, other leg) is now starting to hurt in the exact same place, other let.
am pondering rest or just work the hell out of it...hmmmm?

How far will I get before the rain starts today?

I'm sore all over, curse that Brendan!

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Strength
  • 1h 15m

That was tough, lots of range of motion and core strength work. It has been a long time since I've done this work.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m
Time to face the (pre-programed, satellite radio) music at my first Brendan workout in weeks. My butt hurts.

• Health data: Soreness: 2 Hours slept: 6
Bike
  • 6h 58m 42s
  • 184.00 kms
  • 26.37 KM/hr

Been there. Done that.

Next!

Holy crap, 180 takes a long time to do and it is really far!
Rode to Bulyea and back home and did a bunch of loops in between. 4 hills. Started to fade big time at around 70k and then again at 100.
Head wind, about 15-20k for a big chunk of that. Got tons of energy back at about 120k and never stopped smiling from there.
Nutrition. 2 bottles of Glyco concentrate. 2 bottles of water and one glorious 12 oz bottle of coke before I headed home coke has 110 calories, you know. I don't think I've smiled like that in ages...I like tail winds.
10 eload pills.

I probably could have had more to drink but I wasn't thirsty. peed 4 times.

Found somebody's GPS handheld. It had his name on the startup. Gave it to the local mounties (lumsden address) they looked at me like I had a hole in my head - "not my job". I asked them if they were in Lumsden, "yes" I asked them if they had access to a phone, "yes" I said I have no car and I tried calling and he's not there and I'm not from Lumsden. They reluctantly agreed to take it off my hands.
Geez!
That's my good deed for the day!
180k. That's the bees' knees!

Are my arms supposed to ache like this???

• Health data: Hours slept: 6
Swim
  • 1h 39m
  • 4000.00 meters
  • 02m 29s /100 meters

4K continuous. Been there, done that. Next!

Stopped seconds to fix my cap. Tried wearing goggles under cap, worked well. Had lane to myself, very nice. All front crawl (emphasis on crawl) started with 2:04/100, then went up to 2:14 and in the last 700m I was doing 2:32s and I need to pee.

I kept losing track of the lap, (not to mention the day and the year). Got 'er done!

Run
  • 30m
  • 6.00 kms
  • 05m /KM

Running Room 20 minute challenge, plus running there and running back to get the car to go pick up first born from track.
Ran with Alan. He says we were running a 4:40 pace...Who are you and what have you done to my body?

Rainstorm precluded my morning ride. I'm feeling kinda sore...I'll be better soon.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Bike #1
  • 15m
  • 5.00 kms
  • 20.00 KM/hr

Commute to work

Bike #2
  • 15m
  • 5.00 kms
  • -----

Commute from work

Run
  • 1h 15m
  • 13.00 kms
  • 05m 46s /KM

Took Trudy's advice and started to make the donuts.
Didn't really feel like it, but never felt out of it. Felt pretty strong. Had water at water fountains. Stopped only for water (seconds) and to walk across busy intersections.

Did some conscious midfoot running and modified my posture a couple of time.
Felt pretty good.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m
Okay, I have to get my self together and start planning for the last big training push for IMC. Enough rest already.

• Health data: Hours slept: 9

Okay, Tons more pics for your amusement! 

New pix posted here and here and here!

But it is summer. I don't wanna go to school...do I have to?

For the record. In my 42nd Year I had my highest ever placing in a long course race ...yup 42nd! I could not have planned it better.

I also had my best ever placing in swim 43rd and in bike 29th...run was 66th (year I was born...hmmm, what is going on here?) Total Racers (of those that finished!!) is 81.

Last year's version of this race - my first ever HIM - where there was a lot less wind, I placed 74/80 and 24/25 in my age group. at a total time of 7:11.

windnsnow's Training Log

July 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • August's totals
  • July's totals