Bike
  • 50m
  • 26.00 kms
  • 31.20 KM/hr

Wow! what a difference a new chain can make. I just kicked the bike through it's paces. Everything works...except the cadence! go figure. I'm going to get a new battery.
Smooth smooth smooth. And fast. Or is that me?

Run
  • 13m 12s
  • 2.50 kms
  • 05m 17s /KM

Brick!
Yikes...do you think I have a run in me? Distance is an estimate. I'm kinda sure it was more than 3, but the pace then would be faster than I've ever gone before, which is possible. I was flying and didn't stop till I got home.
Wow!
And it is hot out!

Must be the shoes!

Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 1h 00m

Had to be done!

Secret government meeting this morning precluded all other activities. Got some more sleep, though!

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Swim
  • 21m 59s
  • 1000.00 meters
  • 02m 12s /100 meters

Swim to get the cobwebs out...kinda hard and kinda good!
I think I'm stuck on this pace!

Another good sleep. I think I'm all caught up!

Got start moving, I'm feeling the rust.

Wow, I needed that sleep.

Yesterday I was up at 4:30, was setting up the bike/run transition at 5:30, sweeping the turnaround and putting down pilons between 8-9 and then just doing stuff until 11:30.

Then I drove second born to camp (3 hours). Turned around in 20 minutes and then drove back.

In total that's about 8 hours driving!

The Regina Beach Provincial Triathlon was a huge success though, from what I heard (I only saw the bike/transition portion of it). 

Trisportnick did a fantastic job as Race Director! Just don't mention Dad's cookies or Bananas to him.

Taper week starts, or started...Lets see how I navigate through this.

Out of the house at the crack of insanity this morning to help with the Regina Peach Provincial Triathlon. Then I have to get back home in a hurry and whisk - 3.5 hour drive my daughter to summer camp....It is going to be a fun day.

Training? I don't need no stinkin' training. Besides, it's taper week!

Bike
  • 45m
  • 20.00 kms
  • 26.67 KM/hr

Working with Nick and Jason riding the Regina Beach Triathlon bike course.
Very Very windy.

Getting bossed around my Nick and Jason today as we prepare the Regina Beach Tri course.

See you all in the funny papers.

Bike
  • 5h 15m
  • 137.00 kms
  • 26.10 KM/hr

I can put up with the flat.
I can put up with the broken valve on the first extra tube.
I can deal with the trepidation of riding over 100k without any spares.
I can deal with 32 C heat.
I can't deal with a head wind in three directions!!!
That wind just kicked my @ss.
I could have/should have gone much further, but the wind just wore me out.
The 30 minute fiasco with the tires didn't help either (off the clock)
I did 4 lumsden hills and one loop going half way to Bulyea.

I gotta work on my long ride.
Had an Ice Cold coke about 3 quarters into the ride...and I remembered how grateful I am for Atlanta!

Got it done!

Sorry, busy morning...and issues.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Run
  • 2h 00m
  • 19.50 kms
  • 06m 09s /KM

Solo run...Went the long way by the University first, so I could not easily bail out. Had probably one of the best runs of my life. LSD and deliberate. No speed, just comfort. Had a lot on my mind. There are no ladders in this abyss, no solutions to this conundrum.
Drank water only at water fountains - and not every one, probably had the equivalent of 3/4 of a bottle. It was cool out (11 c) One gel at 1:30, although I'm sure I could have gone on without it.

I ran out of route before I ran out of time, so I had to double and redouble back. I just hate doing that, but I did it.
Good run.
1707 cals
Heart rate spiked a little at start, but then just stabilized. Left knee was feeling a little funny.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

I don't want to talk about it again. Okay.

Here we go again. In more ways than you could imagine.

windnsnow's Training Log

July 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • August's totals
  • July's totals