Strength
  • 1h 15m

Brendonator. High rep power sets. Hurt my back a little doing a dumbell jerk...jerk!
Good workout.

Arg! Hoist them clichés 'tis talk like a scabby matey day, just watch out for that wayward yardarm...blow me ashore, Billy!

• Health data: Hours slept: 6
Run
  • 1h 15m 34s
  • 12.75 kms
  • 06m 07s /KM

That was hard! It is hard to get the engines fired up after sitting around all week. It didn't help that it was 29 C out.
Had to take a gel at 5k. Took water with me...glad I did.
Still got it done. yeah.

Sport
  • Chiropractic
  • 20m
I thought about getting up to run this morning. Then I rolled over and went back to sleep. What was I thinking?

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.5
Bike
  • 55m 11s
  • 16.00 kms
  • -----

Wow! that was just incredible. Cyclocross with a bunch of fanatic younguns on fancy bikes.

Bombing through trails that I wouldn't have normally walked through.

Great cardio work and incredible balance skills for my riding.

Did 20 minutes plus one lap in 31:43 - 8:19km.

I'll be doing that again.

So I got up today with every intention of going running...and it just wasn't  there. Maybe the Board meeting that went to 9:30 did me in.

It's only september. 

On the plus side, I got me some new shoes and pedals for my cross bike...I may enter that off-road Duathlon next month afterall.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Sport
  • Chiropractic
  • 20m
What to do today...two people sick in the house. Here comes the storm - one is feeling so lousily she is even considering skipping the Elton John concert tonight. I'm sure she'll be better by tonight.

Okay. 

I'm registered for The Great White North HIM-distance Tri in Stony Plain AB in July 09. Here we go again!

I'm thinking a little rest is in the cards today. I have to start thinking about making up my new training schedule.

I start the nutrition focus this week too. Weight has been creeping up and I'm feeling a little blah.

Run
  • 1h 40m 08s
  • 14.75 kms
  • 06m 47s /KM

Rave Run with John at White Butte trails.

I can honestly say that that was the best run of my life. I felt good and fast and comfortable and capable.
But it wasn't that. It was the surroundings, the temperature the smells, the sun in my face, the shade, the sand, the trembling aspens....Just beautiful.
I'm doing that again.

Wow.

HRM wasn't working, needs a new battery.

Okay. I still hurt. Biking through it didn't seem to work. I'm going to try to run through it now.

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 20.00 kms
  • -----

Great ride with Mark G and David.
I forgot how hard riding off road is...some of those little hills almost killed me...but it was great.

The bike sadly didn't work. Chain kept falling off and gears kept slipping and the chain kept going into the spokes!
Yes, My favourite bike shop put on a new chain without using the right amount of links...so in the lowest gears, the chain would just hang there...It is back in the shop.

Still a great ride.

Okay, I officially hurt in a place I've never hurt before.

It feels like my femur joints with my hips...where the my leg bones meet the next part of my body. I'm sure it has a name. But right now, it's name is pain. 

Curse that Brendan! It never fails. He always find a new place to make sore!

I'm going to try some cyclocross today. I'm looking forward to it.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6

windnsnow's Training Log

September 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Time
Distance
  • August's totals