Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 2h 00m

Had to be done...Did birthday gift shopping for second born...Nice relaxing day.

Lazy Sunday morning. Didn't get home from the country until midnight. Just hanging out with first wife, wondering where the lions are, thinking about eternity.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 24m 25s
  • 4.87 kms
  • 05m 01s /KM

Holy Crap! Where did that come from. Ran with the Mayor who didn't let me slow down and Ironman on my heals...hell, we are all ironman, who knew?! Just got going and started speeding up with every km. I think in the last Km, I was averaging 3.5m/k pace!
That was just great.
No going back now!
Beat last year's time by 2 minutes. Personal best!
No Hrm...the belt battery is toast.

Okay, who's bright idea was it to sign up second born for 8 am synchro on a Saturday and then agree to drive her? duh!

Turkey Trott today...I suppose I should have set this up as a RR...somehow I'm just a little burnt out I guess. I might do it now.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Strength
  • 1h 15m

Brendonator. High rep power sets. Hurt my back a little doing a dumbell jerk...jerk!
Good workout.

Arg! Hoist them clichés 'tis talk like a scabby matey day, just watch out for that wayward yardarm...blow me ashore, Billy!

• Health data: Hours slept: 6
Run
  • 1h 15m 34s
  • 12.75 kms
  • 06m 07s /KM

That was hard! It is hard to get the engines fired up after sitting around all week. It didn't help that it was 29 C out.
Had to take a gel at 5k. Took water with me...glad I did.
Still got it done. yeah.

Sport
  • Chiropractic
  • 20m
I thought about getting up to run this morning. Then I rolled over and went back to sleep. What was I thinking?

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.5
Bike
  • 55m 11s
  • 16.00 kms
  • -----

Wow! that was just incredible. Cyclocross with a bunch of fanatic younguns on fancy bikes.

Bombing through trails that I wouldn't have normally walked through.

Great cardio work and incredible balance skills for my riding.

Did 20 minutes plus one lap in 31:43 - 8:19km.

I'll be doing that again.

So I got up today with every intention of going running...and it just wasn't  there. Maybe the Board meeting that went to 9:30 did me in.

It's only september. 

On the plus side, I got me some new shoes and pedals for my cross bike...I may enter that off-road Duathlon next month afterall.

Sport
  • Chiropractic
  • 20m
What to do today...two people sick in the house. Here comes the storm - one is feeling so lousily she is even considering skipping the Elton John concert tonight. I'm sure she'll be better by tonight.

Okay. 

I'm registered for The Great White North HIM-distance Tri in Stony Plain AB in July 09. Here we go again!

I'm thinking a little rest is in the cards today. I have to start thinking about making up my new training schedule.

I start the nutrition focus this week too. Weight has been creeping up and I'm feeling a little blah.

windnsnow's Training Log

September 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Time
Distance
  • August's totals