Bike
  • 1h 20m
  • 35.00 kms
  • -----

Indoor spin at Level 10.
Great sweat.
New trainer.
No where near as good as Nick. She tried. Didn't get a lot of respect from the class.

I felt freakin' strong.

Another day begins.

I feel amazingly good, physically, after my run last night. 

It should be another tough day. But I can get through this. It isn't about me.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Run
  • 1h 17m 50s
  • 13.13 kms
  • 05m 56s /KM

You know you live in a small town when you go out for a run and cross paths with your Chiropractor...twice...and then you have to sprint to catch up with him.

LSD run that turned out to be faster than I expected. Felt strong. Stopped once for water at University. Did a negative split.
Still no HR belt battery.

Great run. Something is clicking.

Was thinking about running this morning, but couldn't build up the initiative.

We bought a Wii Fit yesterday...after trying to get one for months and months. We all did some weight calibration and tests. It seems that I was obese and will have significant health problems as I age. It recommends that I try to ease into some kind of excercise program, perhaps with three 20 minute sessions a week, so that I can build the stamina to do more rigorous excerices, such as long walks or biking.

I hate BMI. It is the equivalent of the 220-age Heart rate formula. 

Anyway, I did some of the flexibility and yoga things on the Wii and they were great, actually. I may do a lot more of that. It checks and rechecks body position and balance. That is something that I really struggle with. 

Don't mock me because I am obese.

Sport
  • Chiropractic
  • 20m
Got my fix of crack this morning...and lots of sleep. At this rate, I'll catch up to all the sleep I missed last season.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 2h 00m

Had to be done...Did birthday gift shopping for second born...Nice relaxing day.

Lazy Sunday morning. Didn't get home from the country until midnight. Just hanging out with first wife, wondering where the lions are, thinking about eternity.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 24m 25s
  • 4.87 kms
  • 05m 01s /KM

Holy Crap! Where did that come from. Ran with the Mayor who didn't let me slow down and Ironman on my heals...hell, we are all ironman, who knew?! Just got going and started speeding up with every km. I think in the last Km, I was averaging 3.5m/k pace!
That was just great.
No going back now!
Beat last year's time by 2 minutes. Personal best!
No Hrm...the belt battery is toast.

Okay, who's bright idea was it to sign up second born for 8 am synchro on a Saturday and then agree to drive her? duh!

Turkey Trott today...I suppose I should have set this up as a RR...somehow I'm just a little burnt out I guess. I might do it now.

Strength
  • 1h 15m

Brendonator. High rep power sets. Hurt my back a little doing a dumbell jerk...jerk!
Good workout.

Arg! Hoist them clichés 'tis talk like a scabby matey day, just watch out for that wayward yardarm...blow me ashore, Billy!

• Health data: Hours slept: 6
Run
  • 1h 15m 34s
  • 12.75 kms
  • 06m 07s /KM

That was hard! It is hard to get the engines fired up after sitting around all week. It didn't help that it was 29 C out.
Had to take a gel at 5k. Took water with me...glad I did.
Still got it done. yeah.

Sport
  • Chiropractic
  • 20m
I thought about getting up to run this morning. Then I rolled over and went back to sleep. What was I thinking?

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.5

windnsnow's Training Log

September 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Time
Distance
  • August's totals