My ears are just recovering from the Sheryl Crow concert.

It was very good. Lots of interesting arrangements throwing in Rolling Stones and other stuff. 

My body feels pretty good after the race. Although I didn't think I was going to make it last night. I was completely drained - I haven't felt like that for a long time.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Run #1
  • 29m
  • 5.00 kms
  • 05m 36s /KM

First leg...hard, not too hard. Wind coming up.
Hilly. 2 2.5k loops

Bike
  • 1h 01m
  • 20.00 kms
  • 20.00 KM/hr

Bike leg.
Completely anaerobic...I thought I was going to die. Really thick stubble. Sand. Wind. Man that was hard. Two 10k loops.

Run #2
  • 27m
  • 5.00 kms
  • 05m 24s /KM

Second leg.
I started getting a little stronger here. Hilly, windy sandy 2 2k loops. Passed my nemesis, David, who had passed me (with his big ass mountain bike) on the sandy hill. Finished strong.

Hardest race I've ever done! I'll get to the race report eventually. I just need to nap.

I've never been anaerobic for that long. I'm glad I didn't  have my HRM on...I would have panicked!

Total time: 1:59 plus change...Bottom half of pack...there were some superstars out there! I'm never doing this again...Till next season ;)

Had to get Second born from surprise party at 11 and First Wife didn't get home from her party till 1 a.m...yup. Typical pre-race sleep.

Here we go, matilda, we'll go a waltzing some more!

• Health data: Hours slept: 5
  • RACE DAY: White Butte Duathlon
Bike
  • 50m
  • 20.00 kms
  • 24.00 KM/hr

Man! That was windy. Went for an easy ride with Rick and his new P3. Terrible day for a first ride. Going 30k without peddling on the way back...His first time on a tri bike and he wasn't completely comfortable, but smiling like a cheshire cat!

Felt weird being on my tri bike for the first time since Ironman. Felt good weird. Strong weird!

Tomorrow I race.

Had a nice dinner with friends yesterday. Watched Grey's Anatomy...oi, TV has become painful!

Today I'm going out on my tri bike...I thought I was supposed to taper?? My friend Rick just got his new bike delivered and wants to go for a spin...he's desperate. I hope he takes it easy on me.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.5
Strength
  • 1h 15m

Very strange workout with Brendan. A lot of core strength work. Lot of balance and power stuff, including punching bag. Then we ended with a 15 minute killer beep test (running).
I felt pretty good...strong.

I've forgotten how much I adore getting up to visit my pal The Brendonator.

Speaking of pals, I discovered a nail in first wife's vehicle's yesterday. The tires should have been replaced two years ago. Well. No point in fixing the flat that will come as soon as the nail is pulled out. that's another $700 bucks that I can't put towards a new P4 That I will never buy.

Sigh.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6

11 am.

Didn't get my Starbucks...a reporter had a hissy fit and I had to help calm things down...hmmm, reporting on Kindergarten kids with books...I was challenged to find who was more mature.

Strange getting up and not feeling guilty about missing training. I will soon!

Today I have a Media thing at Chapters...woooo hoooo! Starbucks here I come. (For my American friends, The only real Starbucks in this city is in the Chapters books store.)

Bike
  • 1h 20m
  • 35.00 kms
  • -----

Indoor spin at Level 10.
Great sweat.
New trainer.
No where near as good as Nick. She tried. Didn't get a lot of respect from the class.

I felt freakin' strong.

Another day begins.

I feel amazingly good, physically, after my run last night. 

It should be another tough day. But I can get through this. It isn't about me.

Run
  • 1h 17m 50s
  • 13.13 kms
  • 05m 56s /KM

You know you live in a small town when you go out for a run and cross paths with your Chiropractor...twice...and then you have to sprint to catch up with him.

LSD run that turned out to be faster than I expected. Felt strong. Stopped once for water at University. Did a negative split.
Still no HR belt battery.

Great run. Something is clicking.

Was thinking about running this morning, but couldn't build up the initiative.

We bought a Wii Fit yesterday...after trying to get one for months and months. We all did some weight calibration and tests. It seems that I was obese and will have significant health problems as I age. It recommends that I try to ease into some kind of excercise program, perhaps with three 20 minute sessions a week, so that I can build the stamina to do more rigorous excerices, such as long walks or biking.

I hate BMI. It is the equivalent of the 220-age Heart rate formula. 

Anyway, I did some of the flexibility and yoga things on the Wii and they were great, actually. I may do a lot more of that. It checks and rechecks body position and balance. That is something that I really struggle with. 

Don't mock me because I am obese.

windnsnow's Training Log

September 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Time
Distance