Run
  • 30m
  • 5.40 kms
  • 05m 34s /KM

Just trying to burn off the mother's last attempt to reacquaint me with all the carbs I've been missing for the past 20 years.

Not that I'm weather whining or anything but it is 2c out there and feels like -2. Just saying.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7

As it turns out, I lost more than  a little time and blood after my IMC bike crashes. My cute, little, carbon pump is gone. It never occurred to me to check for it. It must have fallen off when the bike went horizontal.  Oh well. I'll get another.

And don't worry about the blood test. This Ironguy has low iron...what Irony ;)

Off to get a blood test this morning...will the excitement never cease?

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.5
Rainy Monday. Spending it with my mother. She is my mother, afterall.

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Run
  • 58m 03s
  • 10.68 kms
  • 05m 26s /KM

Holy Crap! Where did that come from. This was supposed to be a recovery run! Ran with Ironman Earl (11:53 finish time) and THE Ironman (Starcorp). Started too fast...got faster and then did a negative split.
Kept talking with Earl the whole way. I think this is a personal best time for me. Feel pretty good now too. Who knew!

Decided to do the Nike 10k Human Run at the Running Room.

Run
  • 20m
  • 3.50 kms
  • 06m 40s /KM

Great run with First Born. He needed to do some walks. A touch of asthma.
I felt strong. I felt like an Ironman.

First Born's Birthday today.

Starting a new thing. Went for a very short run with him. Felt great to run with family.

• Health data: Hours slept: 10
Strength
  • 1h 15m

Hard to get back into core and strength work...Glad I did it though.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Another bad day today. 5 high school students involved in an overnight accident, 3 killed.

Regina students killed in car crash

'Tough way to start new school year'

leaderpost.com

Published: Friday, August 29, 2008

REGINA -- Three Regina high school students, two boys and a girl, are dead and a fourth teen is in critical condition in hospital following a horrific car crash early Friday morning in the northwest end of the city.

A fifth person riding in the Honda Civic -- a 17-year-old male -- was treated and released from hospital late Friday morning.

"It's a very tough way to start a new school year. It is very tragic,'' said Regina Public Schools spokesman Terry Lazarou, who confirmed the students attended Martin Collegiate, Scott Collegiate and Cochrane High School.

An early morning crash on McCarthy Boulevard near 4th Avenue has left three people dead. Two others survived, with one in hospital and one student was treated and released. The Honda Civic was ripped apart after a collision with at least two trees.

An early morning crash on McCarthy Boulevard near 4th Avenue has left three people dead. Two others survived, with one in hospital and one student was treated and released. The Honda Civic was ripped apart after a collision with at least two trees.

Roy Antal, Regina Leader-Post

Police received a 9-1-1 call at about 1:45 a.m. from Boun Vichich, who heard a "bang,'' and thought someone had hit his car parked outside his McCarthy Boulevard home. When Vichich looked out the window he saw smoke coming from a red car that had hit a tree.

"I saw a couple of guys around the car, maybe friends,  trying to help (the people in the car),'' Vichich said, telling reporters that he was too scared and didn't leave the house.

Three 17-year-olds died in the crash, including the driver. All were pronounced dead at the scene.

The names of the victims have not yet been released.

Barb Jermunsen, who lives in the area, said she heard a screech on the road and a loud bang when the crash occurred.

She and her husband got up, went outside and saw smoke coming from the vehicle. They checked on the occupants and found that the driver and the female passengers in the back of the vehicle were already dead.

Neighbours in the area told the Leader-Post that this was an accident waiting to happen with teenagers speeding all the time. Some residents noted it is the third fatal accident in the area in the past 15 years.

Brendan time...already?

Even more IMC photos now posted here

And my IMC RR is up too.

First Pro photos are up . First Wife's pictures are coming.

First day back at work.

Totally overwhelmed by media requests. Sadly, none of them want to know anything about Ironman.

Please forgive my silence, I'm still trying to catch up on everything.

windnsnow's Training Log

September 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Time
Distance
  • August's totals