Went to see Chiro for my neck and foot today.

Foot is getting better. Neck needs work. Years of stiffness and neglect that I am finally breaking down to try to fix. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Bike
  • 6h 00m
  • 60.00 kms
  • -----

Yikes! Long day. Led the Half Mary Female to a 1:32 hr. finish, then started roving back and forth doing general race marshalling and sweeping on the course. Lots of back and forth. One relay runner ran the wrong way and ended up having to do almost twice the distance.
That was hard, but much easier than running...You see a lot of things you don't see when you are one of the athletes!

By popular request here is a picture of me and my smock...shhhh, First Wife is sleeping in the Background. Notice the clouds and rainbow in my bedroom...I get lots of different meteorological conditions in there.

I hope to have a frontwards picture from the race.

Crack 'o stupid this morning. I'm volunteering for the Queen City Marathon as a, wait for it, Half Lead Female cyclist.

You have to see the smock I'm wearing! Well it is the Queen City Mary!

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Run
  • 33m 58s
  • 6.14 kms
  • 05m 32s /KM

Decided to go for a little run, got about 1k and realized there were about 200 people running behind me. It was the Running Room Friendship Run. I stopped and waited for them. Met a whole bunch of friends and chatted while we ran to the Legislature. Then I posed in a whole bunch of group pictures beside John Stanton aka Mr. Running Room...they went back to the RR and I did my run around the lake. I ended up at the RR on the way home and found everyone again eating cake and bananas. LOL>

It was a nice morning...then went for brunch with 2/3 of my family.

Did toe running/forefoot running for most of this. Calves now sore, but man did I go fast!

Lazy Saturday.

I should do something. I think I'll make some coffee.

• Health data: Hours slept: 9.5
Strength
  • 1h 15m

Started with Pillarball then did two different sets followed by some rope stretching. Good set. Very schwetty. Still don't have a lot of balance, but I think my power is back. Felt a little queasy after doing some of the box/power moves.

Brendan again?? Where did the week go.

Spent the evening looking at tattoos...I'm seeing de planes and fine Corinthian leather everywhere!

• Health data: Hours slept: 6

Mother has left the building.

Beginning to normalize.

Run
  • 30m
  • 5.40 kms
  • 05m 34s /KM

Just trying to burn off the mother's last attempt to reacquaint me with all the carbs I've been missing for the past 20 years.

Not that I'm weather whining or anything but it is 2c out there and feels like -2. Just saying.

As it turns out, I lost more than  a little time and blood after my IMC bike crashes. My cute, little, carbon pump is gone. It never occurred to me to check for it. It must have fallen off when the bike went horizontal.  Oh well. I'll get another.

And don't worry about the blood test. This Ironguy has low iron...what Irony ;)

Off to get a blood test this morning...will the excitement never cease?

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.5

windnsnow's Training Log

September 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Time
Distance
  • August's totals