The rockstar gets back today....I'm kinda giddy.
Bike
  • 3h 39m
  • 87.84 kms
  • 24.07 KM/hr

Absolutely phenomenal ride in a part of the prairies I've never been to. These were some of the best rollers I've ever been on in Saskatchewan. And the road was so isolated, that only 10 cars passed us and the cows ran away when they saw us.
Also saw a really big wolf run across the road!

This is a super secret road that someone showed Amber. And I rode with her. 45k or so is in really good condition, better than most roads in this province, then it gets bad...and flat again.
I will definately do this again, but not alone. Way too isolated. 20 minute drive southwest of Moose Jaw. I'd like to do it at full speed too, Amber is an amazing Ironman, faster than me on the swim and run, her biking needs work. I doubled back a few time to not get too far ahead of her.
Nutrition: One three hour bottle of Perp. and water. Got a little sluggish near the end.

20k/hr head wind for most of the way back. Surprise!

Magical Mystery Ride with Amber.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6
Run
  • 1h 53m 41s
  • 18.00 kms
  • 06m 19s /KM

Wanted to do a half...but just didn't have it in me. Started to feel a little woozy. Cut it at 15k and then ran around the neighbourhood to bump it up to 17. Followed it up with an icebath.

One hammer gel one pack of Endurolytes (4). Fountain water. Two few longish breaks where I drank and stretched.

Kept thinking about bike ride I had to do tomorrow, so I didn't want to kill myself.
Kinda humid, but nice. Head wind on return run.

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 25m

stretching during and post run. Still sore from yesterday.

Mowed the jungle.

Sport #2
  • Yard Work
  • 1h 00m

stretching during and post run. Still sore from yesterday.

Mowed the jungle.

I'm sore...so sore.
Thanks Brendan. I forgot what I was missing.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 2h 08m
  • 58.00 kms
  • 27.19 KM/hr

A lot of false starts...Finally got going after dropping FB off for his bus ride to his track meet in Alberta.
Got about 1k and realized my cleat on my road shoe was broken...I was wearing road shoes with wool socks and gloves. Returned home and got my tri shoes and I was off again.
Man it was windy. about 40k headwind. averaged about 23k/hr at 80-90 rpm.
On way back averaged about 36k/hr, with a 10k stretch of 40k/hr at 90rpm
Got it up to 52km/hr at 90 rpm for about 3k, but ran out of road and had to turn into a strong crosswind.

Good discipline ride.

Had to pee a lot..4 times! Strange.

Run
  • 23m 35s
  • 4.00 kms
  • 05m 54s /KM

Prick....errrr Brick. I don't mind doing these, I just wish that all the work on them had some results on race day!
Had a shinsplint like feeling after the run and did my super secret anti shinsplint stretches.

Strength
  • 1h 15m

Back to Brendan. Felt pretty strong, although a little uncoordinated after three weeks away from strength. Still a little out of it after my Half IM.
Did mostly power and core/butt stuff.
Got really sweaty, but not light headed, like I thought I would get.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 45m

Nice long stretch after workout.
2nd 15 minute stretch run...did my secret special anti-shinsplint work.

Yikes hard to wake up at the crack of stupid after not doing this for so many weeks. Crap it is cold!

• Health data: Hours slept: 6

Another one of those lots to do days today and I'm playing mr. mom. FB and I had a good bonding experience yesterday going out and getting him some track stuff and then going to see Terminator Salvation.
Crappy movie. But we had seen all the others together one night, so it made sense.
I think tomorrow will be a good training day.
Run
  • 34m 26s
  • 6.15 kms
  • 05m 36s /KM

Yikes! I felt like I was running through a thick foam. Legs were good, but heavy.
Lungs were not co-operating either. Breathing was very laboured. It has been raining all day and I ran during a break. Very humid out. About 15c temp.
Forgot the HRM, but my heart was beating hard. I could feel it, which is new for me...must have averaged in the high 150s, I usually average low 140s at this pace.

I'm back baby!

Here's a link to some pictures taken at the race start

uggg. Feel crappy and sore. Couldn't get up to run this morning and was too much of a wuss to ride to work with the impending rain.
FW is gone...so gone...She's doing her rockstar thing until Tuesday. SB is at some strange religion camp. It's just me and FB, although he has another race to go to all weekend in another province...

Hmmmm....   Innocent no, I have to train.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Okay, race report is up here:Yell

I'm just playing catch-up right now. RR will be up soon and I hope to have some pictures, although not many were taken. My crampy legs are sore still. (My quads seized 500m into the run)...Near tear-level pain, especially on the upward sloped parts of the course.

windnsnow's Training Log

July 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
  • August's totals
  • July's totals