Okay.
One more day of work. A little more packing. And I'm ready to go.
Flying out tomorrow.
Hope Dirty Girl is not missing me too much.

Swim
  • 1h 34m
  • 4023.36 meters
  • 02m 20s /100 meters

Last swim in the pool done like dinner.
Left shoulder got a little tight near the end.
500 x 4 fc
100 bs
400 fc
100 bs
400 fc
1000 pull
100 bs
300 flippers drill.

Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 1h 15m

Someone has to cut the grass!

Bike
  • 1h 10m
  • 24.00 kms
  • -----

Ride through the park system with FW. Her first ride since her race. Nice and leisurely, punctuated with a couple of sprints and her yelling "hurry up!"
Saw Trisportnick doing his secret ninja bike training.
I keep forgetting just how fast the Pinarello is!

Swim
  • 50m
  • 2286.00 meters
  • 02m 11s /100 meters

Got my swim on...decided to do some speed too.Could have done more, had to go back to work.

Run
  • 1h 31m 40s
  • 15.00 kms
  • 06m 07s /KM

Last long run before the race. Felt good. Strong. Ready for more.

Okay, things look like they are back to normal with me, healthwise.
A bit of a scare this morning when my right eye couldn't focus...then I realized I had the contact lenses in backwards.

Kinda cool out. I hope it warms so I can find my swim.
I miss Dirty Girl. I bought her some sexy tubes, with extra long valves, just the kind she likes! Sigh.

Dirty Girl is gone ahead of me, blazing a trail west. She's sandwiched between a P3 and a P4. I hope she doesn't pick up any carbon habits.

I'm having some kind of weird allergic reaction to something. It started yesterday with my eye (can't get contacts in this morning). I started to feel sluggish at around 8 pm and just wanted to sleep by 9. Had a crappy sleep - had to get up and pee about 4 times and my right eye was just puffy and yuck this morning. Nothing pink or festering, just puffy. And I feel kinda bloaty. I guess I'm not swimming at lunch time. Just as well, it is another craptaculous day out there!
Bike #1
  • 15m
  • 5.00 kms
  • 20.00 KM/hr

bike commute to work...I see a thunderstorm coming. I took my chances. Might have to get a lift home!

Bike #2
  • 15m
  • 5.00 kms
  • -----

Return ride home.
Went home at lunch time because of the storm and returned to work by car. It is now raging out there. You know, we can't have perfect weather everyday this summer.

#1153...It's that time again!

FW's birthday today. Don't think I'll get much active tapering in.

Swim
  • 24m
  • 1097.28 meters
  • 02m 16s /100 meters

Yikes. It is getting to be that you can't take a step (or stroke) around here without running into Ironmen, and soon to be Ironmen.
I do like this community. Shame about the crappy weather.

Just swimming. Focus on technique and consistent speed.

Run
  • 1h 15m 10s
  • 12.37 kms
  • 06m 05s /KM

Nice comfortable run around the lakes half on trails. Felt great.
Still having some chafing issues on my ripples and under my arm. Looks like I'm going to have to use the Astrolube.

Hmmm. Another glorious day...no wait, I was looking at the tv screen, not the window. :(

windnsnow's Training Log

August 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • August's totals
  • July's totals