Lazy Saturday. Brendan sore all over.
Have to do some reno stuff. Thanks bopper! May squeeze in a run...have a party to go to this afternoon at the lake.
Bike #1
  • 15m
  • 4.00 kms
  • -----

Got home and got the bike. Still got a bit of a ride in. Yikes what a headwind.
Feeling a little better, but arms are tired from the flight in...I mean from the morning workout. ;)

Bike #2
  • 14m
  • 4.00 kms
  • -----

Quick ride home so I could take FB to the lake. So he could stay with a friend over the weekend.

Strength
  • 1h 15m

Yikes. Started out with wall/rock climbing and bosu ball stuff, then heavy bag boxing punches with box skipping, then free weight/lunge/pushup/squat thingies.
I can't move my arms.

Drove to work - have eggs to pick up.
Might get home at lunch and get the bike.

Yup, you guessed it. It's Brendan time!

Bike #1
  • 14m
  • 4.00 kms
  • -----

Return ride home. Very windy. Helmet got pushed to the side of my head by wind!
Felt better.

Bike #2
  • 15m
  • 4.00 kms
  • -----

Still feeling blah...but rode in nonetheless.

Bike #1
  • 14m
  • 4.00 kms
  • -----

Still going. The sore throat seems to have abated. I'm fighting something though.

Bike #2
  • 13m
  • 4.00 kms
  • -----

Quick ride home

Run
  • 32m
  • 5.50 kms
  • 05m 49s /KM

Maybe it was the 30c plus heat, or that I'm fighting something or the crap in the air - smoke or smog or something. But my lungs started to have a burning sensation after 4k and I just didn't feel right. A little heat-strokeish too. So I just shut it down about 1k from home and walked home. Couldn't stop sweating even after my shower. A big mug of strong coffee got my lungs working again.
Hmmmm.

Newtons were good at least!

Bike #1
  • 13m
  • 4.00 kms
  • -----

Morning commute. 5c.

Hat, gloves and big boy pants.

Didn't wear the tights, like Sparco advised. Don't want him to think that he is ALWAYS right.

Bike #2
  • 14m
  • 4.00 kms
  • -----

Return ride home to get the monkey suit and the car.

SB's Birthday today. She woke up with a wasp sting on her earlobe. That'll learn her for wanting something special on her b-day.

Rode home to get my monkey suit and the car. I have a big event planned for tonight - sadly not for SB. This is work. I have to transport a bunch of framed certificates to people who are very special and important - no cynicism. They deserve their awards! I'm cynical about the program. I made it up from scratch because no one else would. The recipients are those who exemplify in actions the same values as the school division.

Bike #1
  • 13m
  • 4.00 kms
  • -----

Ride back home.

Bike #2
  • 12m
  • 4.00 kms
  • -----

11 out of 12possible commuting days I've been on my bike now...and 11 in a row. The weather has been great, now it gets challenging.
Wore shorts this morning...a little brisk and wet.
Should be lovely on way home.

Hmmm.

Sore throat...and FW is home sick...uh oh!

Run
  • 1h 15m 56s
  • 12.13 kms
  • 06m 16s /KM

Longest Newton run so far.
Nice easy pace with 10 and 1s. Ended with a very fast last km.
Talked the whole way. Ran with a guy who just finished a 100k ultra run.
Nice way to start the day.

Strength
  • 10m
Sport
  • Stretching
  • 10m

windnsnow's Training Log

September 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19