The day before I leave on a jet plane. Weather out is windy. So many meetings and stuff to do, I couldn't ride in. I think this will be my second of a number of rest days this week. Question is, what am I resting from?
Bike #1
  • 14m
  • -----
  • -----

Looks like one of the last commutes I will have.
Tomorrow I need my vehicle and then I'm gone for two weeks. By the time I get back....
Well, it was also a chilly 2c this morning. Not quite shorts weather anymore.

Bike #2
  • 14m
  • 4.00 kms
  • -----

Uneventful ride home except for getting to ride behind a pretty, hot rider with saddlebags...on her bike and almost hitting a car that turned right in front of me. I made a point of squealing my brakes/tires to make my point.

Recovering today after a great ceilidh last night.

Lazy Saturday. Brendan sore all over.
Have to do some reno stuff. Thanks bopper! May squeeze in a run...have a party to go to this afternoon at the lake.
Bike #1
  • 15m
  • 4.00 kms
  • -----

Got home and got the bike. Still got a bit of a ride in. Yikes what a headwind.
Feeling a little better, but arms are tired from the flight in...I mean from the morning workout. ;)

Bike #2
  • 14m
  • 4.00 kms
  • -----

Quick ride home so I could take FB to the lake. So he could stay with a friend over the weekend.

Strength
  • 1h 15m

Yikes. Started out with wall/rock climbing and bosu ball stuff, then heavy bag boxing punches with box skipping, then free weight/lunge/pushup/squat thingies.
I can't move my arms.

Drove to work - have eggs to pick up.
Might get home at lunch and get the bike.

Yup, you guessed it. It's Brendan time!

Bike #1
  • 14m
  • 4.00 kms
  • -----

Return ride home. Very windy. Helmet got pushed to the side of my head by wind!
Felt better.

Bike #2
  • 15m
  • 4.00 kms
  • -----

Still feeling blah...but rode in nonetheless.

Bike #1
  • 14m
  • 4.00 kms
  • -----

Still going. The sore throat seems to have abated. I'm fighting something though.

Bike #2
  • 13m
  • 4.00 kms
  • -----

Quick ride home

Run
  • 32m
  • 5.50 kms
  • 05m 49s /KM

Maybe it was the 30c plus heat, or that I'm fighting something or the crap in the air - smoke or smog or something. But my lungs started to have a burning sensation after 4k and I just didn't feel right. A little heat-strokeish too. So I just shut it down about 1k from home and walked home. Couldn't stop sweating even after my shower. A big mug of strong coffee got my lungs working again.
Hmmmm.

Newtons were good at least!

windnsnow's Training Log

September 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance