Travel day. San Diego to Washington DC.
  • 1h 30m
  • 24.10 miles
  • 16.07 Mi/hr

Trainer - morning.

Skipped the brick run. Still having foot pain. A 20 minute run today is not going to really change the outcome of my race.

  • 28m
  • 1800.00 yards
  • -----

La Jolla Shores ocean swim.

Race week!!! Going to try to rest as much as possible this week. Almost packed. Just need to put in last minute things. WOW! This is a lot of gear/nutrition/stuff!

Meeting on base this morning for work. I have a 2nd interview today at lunch with UCSD.

  • 56m
  • 6.16 miles
  • 09m 05s /Mi

Del Mar

  • 28m 14s
  • 3.15 miles
  • 08m 57s /Mi

Brick run.

  • 1h 50m
  • 32.59 miles
  • 17.78 Mi/hr

Fiesta Island

The Kuota tri bike is taken apart and packed in the bike box. It is much easier to take apart than the Trek 9.9 Speed Concept. I still don't know what to do about that frame. TSA has my claim and it is currently under review. They have 6 months to make a decision. Why do I have a feeling they are not going to pay it??? I have checked around about repair. Carbon Frame Repair here in San Diego said it can not be repaired. Three other bike shops stated it can not be repaired and they all contacted Trek to confirm. I now have the info and picture submitted to Ruckus in Madison, WI about a repair. I have heard they can do repairs that other places can't. I should hear back from them early next week. If the frame can be repaired, then I will have it fixed. I hope it can be fixed. This is the best (cheapest) option. If it can't be repaired, then I need to decide if I will get another Trek frame, or if I will go with another frame. I am starting to check other other bikes.

Going to see Abbie (AbbieR) this evening for dinner. She is in SoCal at her brother's house watching the kids this weekend. We are going to meet in Oceanside at the Harbor.

  • 54m
  • 2700.00 yards
  • -----

300 pull
200 kick
200 cd

  • 1h 12m
  • 7.75 miles
  • 09m 17s /Mi

Mission Bay.

Interview yesterday with Isis Pharmaceutical. The company is located in a very nice area of Carlsbad. The commute would be close to an hour in rush hour traffic. Very nice building. Good company. The interview was for 4 hours!!! I was exhausted last night!!! I already had 1 face to face interview with the recruiter and one phone interview with the director (my would be boss) prior to yesterday's interview. I met with the director and then 9 other people on the clinical research operations team. A great group of people. The interview seemed to go great. I talked with the director again at the end of the interview one on one. She said they really like my skill set and my personality is a good fit for the job and the team. They are a bit concerned about my lack of direct experience working in pharma. Although I don't have direct pharma experience, my 12 years of academic, military, and other clinical research experience are transferable. It will be interesting to see what happens. The job will be demanding and a rather high pressure environment. I know I would learn a TON and gain valuable experience working in pharma research. They stated that they are still interviewing and they don't want to make a rush decision. It will be several weeks before they contact me with a decision. That is fine. I am not in rush.

I have a second interview on Monday at UCSD for the Alzheimer research job. YEAH!!! I really liked this job. I am not sure if the salary is going to be what I need for this. The pharma job will probably pay more. I am going to keep moving forward and giving my best shot for both positions.

I had a phone interview today for ANOTHER job I applied for. Interview went great. The company is Lovelace. The are headquartered in NM, but do military medical research all over the country. The job I applied for is at the Naval Medical Center here in San Diego (where I currently work). The salary for the position I applied for is almost $10,000 less than what I currently make. The HR person told me I would be a perfect fit for the company and he was going to see what he could do. If the salary for the current job can't be increased (not Likely), he is going to look for me something else and keep me on his list. It was good to have another interview and possibility for the future.

  • 1h 00m
  • 15.45 miles
  • 15.45 Mi/hr


amymengel's Training Log

 October 2013 
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  
  • April's totals
  • March's totals
  • 2018 totals
  • 2017 totals