Run
  • 23m 20s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 07m 32s /Mi

IBM 5K Fun Run. I beat my old PB of 24:04 from last year! We had a blast, and hearing all the kids cheering as I rounded the last corner was awesome!

All the kids did great in the 1/2 Mile Fun Run later in the morning, with even my 5 year old, Julia finishing it strong! What fantastic family fun!

Mile 1: 6:59
Mile 2: 7:50 (too slow)
Mile 3.1: 8:30 (uphill)

420 calories.

New 5K PB!  23:20!!! 

Even better was all the great family fun!  Even the rain held off for us!  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 5

Happy Friday, everyone! 

Well, it looks like tomorrow's 5K and the kid's 1/2 mile fun run will be wet ones.  Rain in the forcast all weekend.  It could be worse.  I could have been planning my first iron distance tri at the Blue Devil tomorrow!  :O 

We will all go and still have a blast at the run tomorrow.  If it rains.....then we get wet while we run!  :)

Sara did get her boot off yesterday.  Walking is allowed right now.  If her ankle still feels good in a week, then she can start some light running on soft surfaces, like grass or gravel.  She is flying high right now!  LOL  She walked 2 miles yesterday after the dr's appointment!  :)

Everyone have a fantastic weekend, and a special shout out to the crew in Chicago for the Marathon this weekend!  Chicago will never be the same!  ;)

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 49m 39s
  • 5.33 miles
  • 09m 19s /Mi

Just a cruising run today at lunch. I got up to my aerobic pace and went. I felt really good at the end, and easily could have gone another lap or two. My HR peak was when I stopped for my potty break on the last lap. LOL

Saturday is going to be fun!

Lap1: 11:41
Lap2: 12:28
Lap3: 12:36
Lap4: 12:53

595 calories.

Opening Night for the Hurricanes!!!  They start off the season at the defending champion Tampa Bay Lightning.  I'm really glad that the NHL is back.  Sara is a hockey fan, too!  Bonus!  :)

Oh, my weight rollercoaster.  LOL  I pigged out over the weekend, and quickly got back to 190.  Then, last night was a school fundraiser at a local pizza and Italian place.  I put a serious hurting on their food stocks.  I love Italian food!!!  We helped raise a few dollars for the elementary school, and I raised my weight back up to 194!  ;)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 4

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Stress: 2 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 1 Hours slept: 4
Run
  • 31m 43s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 07m 56s /Mi

Another fantastic run! I'm going to check my history, but I know this is my fastest run for 4 miles, ever! I didn't even pretend I would keep my HR aerobic today, I started pushing from beginning of the first lap. After 2 laps(2.66 miles), I walked for 30 seconds as I drank a bit. Then I ran hard to the spot where I estimate my total is close to 3.1 miles. I walked for maybe 20 seconds after pushing to that mark, then I jogged easily for the last mile. I still finished at my best time for the total distance. I feel good knowing I can hit 2.66 miles in 20 minutes, as I will be able to push the last .43 mile without stopping for water in my 5K Saturday.

Lap1: 10:03 7.56/mile
Lap2: 9:59! 7.51/mile
End 5K: 2:48 6.51/mile
Lap3: 11:40 8.77/mile

After looking at the times, I think my last .43 mile was a bit short. Not by much though, and my easy pace jogging after that still brought me home at a personal best!

456 calories.

194!  194!!!  I ate like a horse this weekend!  I have to get out and run at lunch today.  LOL  Maybe run instead of eating lunch!  ;)

Great run at lunch today!  I ran hard, trying to figure how to RACE a 5 K distance after a year of only aerobic running.  LOL  I'm going to run easy on Wednesday and then be ready to rock on Saturday!  My lovely bride and our kids will be there, so I HAVE to impress them!   ;)

Happy Monday, everyone!  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 4

HookedOnTri's Training Log

October 2005 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance