Run
  • 1h 57m 36s
  • 13.10 miles
  • 08m 59s /Mi

Came to Hyannis. Saw the race course. Kicked it's ass! This race was a blast!

I'll post a detailed race report after I get home this evening. Right now, it's time to PARTY LIKE A ROCK STAR! :) Well, time to have lunch at Ellen's before heading home, anyway. LOL But it's lunch with a bunch of rock stars! :)

I'm leaving for the airport to fly up to Hyannis. It's going to be a blast! :) There are a lot of people running 1/2 marathons this weekend, at Hyannis, or other places. There are also a good number of people in other races this weekend. For myself and many others, this is the start of race season. Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines! Race strong, like you know you can, and a little bit more than that! Most importantly, ENJOY THE JOURNEY! :) I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 2 RHR: 47 Hours slept: 4

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 RHR: 46 Hours slept: 8.5
Run
  • 24m 39s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 08m 13s /Mi

Tonight was a short run to just "stretch my legs" before the 1/2 marathon on Sunday. I wanted to start off a little quicker than I have been on my longer runs to see if my legs would warm up and loosen up faster. When I have run a little faster during my long runs, my legs seemed to feel better.

Well, I took it out over a hill and did the first 1/2 mile in 4:11, actually a bit faster than I plan to run at Hyannis. My left knee and ankle that have been complaining a little during my recent runs felt like a million bucks! I kept up the same effort for the second 1/2 mile on the flat section and covered it in 4:01. At this point, my HR started creeping a little too high, so I eased up, slightly. 3 more 1/2 mile laps on the flat were 4:11, 4:16, and 4:07. The last 1/2 mile lap was back over the hill, in 3:50! I was RUNNING down the hill, instead of trying to ease down it. My legs were going faster than they ever have while not sprinting. Even better than the good personal time was the fact that my legs did not give me the slightest twinge.

I am going to kick some Hyannie on Sunday!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 RHR: 49 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 RHR: 47 Hours slept: 8

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 5

HookedOnTri's Training Log

February 2005 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28     

Time
Distance