Sport
  • Skating
  • 2h 30m

Great workout skating today! My 5 year old daughter took off on her own for the first time today, with no help from Dad or the buckets. Everyone had a fun time.

Up very early today to see Sara off for an early morning flight.  She's out of town on business for a week, so Alex and I will be doing the "guy thing".  :)

Translation:  "guy thing" = Missing Sara!  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6
Sport #1
  • Golf
  • 30m

Not really "playing" tennis but hitting balls and chasing after them. Then, Sara and I hit golf balls for about 30 minutes. Beautiful day at the park!

Sport #2
  • Tennis
  • 45m

Not really "playing" tennis but hitting balls and chasing after them. Then, Sara and I hit golf balls for about 30 minutes. Beautiful day at the park!

Run
  • 46m 23s
  • 5.33 miles
  • 08m 42s /Mi

I added a lap today to bring my distance up to 5.33 miles. The intent was to go easy, stay aerobic, and let my legs get used to the extra distance. Instead, I just ran! LOL Not a very good job of staying aerobic, but in my defense, it was much warmer that my recent running weather...about 75 degrees.

Lap1: 11:20
Lap2: 11:28
Lap3: 11:36
Lap4: 11:57
(17 second water break starting last lap)

602 calories.

Taking stuff to run at lunch today.  I want to try to get back to measuring my RHR in the mornings.  We'll see...

The Hurricanes picked up another player yesterday, Mark Recchi.  He will be a very good fit, filling in for the injured Eric Cole.  We put down our deposit for season tickets for next year, and bought our playoff tickets for the first two rounds of this year last night!!!  :)

Run's in the books.  Canes vs. Panthers tonight, followed by my Md. Terps vs. Boston College!  :)

Everyone have a fantastic weekend!  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 58m 09s
  • 14.72 miles
  • 15.19 Mi/hr

Normal lunch route on a windy day, with much better results. I'm starting to feel better at the top of each small hill, and I never felt like I was toast on today's ride. I also managed to keep my pace over 15mph.

624 calories.

I actually went to bed early enough to get 8 hours of sleep last night.  That combined with my regular workouts seems to be helping my stress level, too.  Life is grand!  :)

Biking at lunch today.  It is going to be in the 70's today!  :)

Strong ride in the wind today.  I'm very happy with this one.  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4
Run
  • 33m 31s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 08m 23s /Mi

Great run this afternoon! This may be my fastest time ever for 4 miles. I've run slightly faster for a couple of 5K's, but not this distance. Guess I should check back in my log to find out. LOL My HR average is a bit inflated due to some dry chest strap contacts during the first lap. My max, right at the end of the last lap was 178. Not bad for really pushing it.

Lap1: 11:06
Lap2: 11:22
Lap3: 11:02!!!

447 calories.

Planning a late lunch run today.

Happy Wednesday, everyone!  :)

Great run in the books for today.  Soon it's home to my wonderful family for dinner and some Hurricanes vs. Flyers action on TV!  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 4
Swim
  • 36m 25s
  • 1600.00 yards
  • 02m 17s /100 yards

Got up and hit the Y pool at 5:50 this morning! I did 3 sets, 500, 600, and 500, all just focusing on long strokes with lots of glide. I mostly kept around 17-18 spl. When I was finished, my arms and shoulders were tired, but I was not short of breath at all. Exactly my goal. I equate this to "aerobic running", and I hope I can build the muscular endurance in my arms while not tiring myself out. My swim goal is not to swim fast, but to build endurance to go 2112 yards....(and 4224 in the future?).

Early AM swim today!  :)

Happy Tuesday, everyone!  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 34m 28s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 08m 37s /Mi

Nice late afternoon run at work. My legs felt pretty heavy for the first lap, so I kind of just cruised. Then, my legs recovered nicely, so I guess I'm getting back a little bit of my running muscular endurance. I ended up with a very nice pace for my "usual" run. LOL

Lap1: 11:15
Lap2: 11:41
Lap3: 11:31

406 calories.

Taking my stuff to run at work today, maybe late in the afternoon, once the rain is past us.

Happy Monday, everyone!  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 5.5 Overall Workout: 3

HookedOnTri's Training Log

March 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance