Bike
  • 1h 20m
  • 20.00 miles
  • 15.00 Mi/hr

Trainer ride while watching the 3rd period of the Canes loss to the Sabers tonight. At least the ride was good. LOL Distance is a conservative estimate of my trainer pace.

699 calories.

197 seems to be my first point of resistance on the way to getting my weight back to 190.  2 more days and I should be able to drop below that.  Well, I hope.  I really have no idea.  LOL

So far this month, I'm on track to meet my volume targets in swimming and running, but I'm 10 miles behind in biking with half of the month gone.  Not a problem, but I want to make sure I don't fall any more behind.  I may hit the bike trainer tonight while I watch the end of the Hurricanes final regular season game.  With a win or an Senators loss, the Canes will finish in first place in the Eastern Conference.  :)

Let's Go Canes!  :)

Happy Tuesday, everyone!  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 4
Run
  • 49m 24s
  • 5.33 miles
  • 09m 16s /Mi

Nice, easy, aerobic run at lunch. My legs were quite tired from yesterday, but they loosened up quickly and never really gave me any trouble. It was nice to finish my "easy" run and notice that I was still just over a 9 minute/mile pace.

Lap1: 11:36
Lap2: 12:29
Lap3: 12:46
Lap4: 12:31

595 calories.

It's another beautiful Spring day in NC.  I was not going to do any workouts when I woke up this morning, but as I started moving around and waking up completely, I became determined to keep going.  I brought my stuff to work for a nice, easy lunch run today.  I have to keep the metabolism cranked up.  The weight WILL come off, and I will be back to 190 again, soon!  :)

Happy Monday, everyone!  :)

As I was starting my 4th lap of my 2:30 lunch run today, the first stray rain drops landed.  It put a huge smile on my face, and I picked up the pace.  I felt like a little kid.  My music got me out of my aerobic pace within the last 1/3 - 1/2 mile, and the rain started falling heavier.  When I finished, with the goofiest grin on my face, it was pouring.  I haven't enjoyed a run that much in quite a while.  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 26m 42s
  • 20.92 miles
  • 14.48 Mi/hr

I got out this afternoon and did laps on Lynn Road from Creedmoor to Six Forks. The hill heading up toward Six Forks seems to be much bigger than it used to be. LOL 4 laps, each just over 5 miles, with hill repeats. I was beat after this, but I had convinced myself that instead of doing a 5th lap, I would do a short brick run, so.....

Run
  • 11m 17s
  • 1.30 miles
  • 08m 41s /Mi

...a short brick run after my ride. The first .2 miles of any run from my house is a pretty good uphill. My HR shot over 155 quickly and I never really got it back below. I felt like I was hurting and running slower than this, so the time was a nice surprise for me.

Sport
  • Baseball
  • 1h 30m

Alex got his first baseball glove, ball and bat for Easter today. Not a ton of exercise, but Alex's first day playing catch and hitting a ball....priceless! :)

Happy Easter, everyone!  :)

Bricks, in theory, are a good thing.  In practice, it's a totally different story.  LOL  I hit a quick, 1:33 transition from my ride to a short run this afternoon.  I was wasted after I finished, but of course, I felt great at the same time. 

My total workout time was  and I burned 1087 calories during that time.  I know I burned a bunch more overall, because after stretching, and just before getting in the shower, my HR was still around 120.  :O 

It was a beautiful day outside, and I'm thrilled that I got to spend time playing some baseball with Alex and Sara, then got in a "relatively" great workout.  Life IS good!  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6.5
Run
  • 46m 35s
  • 5.33 miles
  • 08m 44s /Mi

Another very good lunch run. I stayed aerobic for 3.5 laps, then, well, I started singing and running faster. LOL Until then, I was actually doing a very good job of managing my HR, since it's starting to warm up a bit. I imagine as it continues to get warmer over the next two months, I'll be happy to hold this pace while staying aerobic. That will actually show improvement in my running endurance.

Lap1: 11:09
Lap2: 11:44
Lap3: 12:01
Lap4: 11:40

588 calories.

78 degrees at finish.

Fun lunch run today. 

I'm adding another short term goal.  I want to take no more than one day off from workouts in a row.  I think I'm so hot and cold with my workouts right now that my metabolism just starts to get cranked up and then I sit around for a couple of days to let it slow back down.  No promises, just something I want to do if I can.  :)

Going to see the Hurricanes take on Tampa Bay tonight.  It's Fan Appreciation Night and Lord Stanley's Cup will be in the house on display.  I hope we get a chance to take a picture with it.  :)

C'mon, c'mon, c'mon......Let's Go!  :)

Have a fantastic weekend and a wonderful Easter, everyone! :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 1h 26m 19s
  • 13.54 miles
  • 9.41 Mi/hr

Beautiful afternoon ride along the greenways with Alex. His first real ride of the year, and he kept going and going. LOL No HR data kept for this ride. This one was for fun!

Happy Thursday, everyone!  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 2
Run
  • 44m 37s
  • 5.33 miles
  • 08m 22s /Mi

Excellent run at lunch today! My legs felt strong through the entire run. This got me in a little trouble, as I quickly got above my aerobic HR range without even noticing it! LOL I decided to just run. I pushed a bit harder for the last 1/3 mile or so to get in under 45 minutes. 71 degrees when I finished.

Lap1: 10:37
Lap2: 11:11
Lap3: 11:26
Lap4: 11:22

615 calories.

Swim
  • 55m 15s
  • 2500.00 yards
  • 02m 13s /100 yards

Nice early morning swim. The pool was very crowded this morning at 5:40 am.

Good swim this morning.  Since I didn't run last night....(like that was going to happen ;)) I'm running at lunch today.  :)

Happy Wednesday, everyone!  :)

Great run in the bag!  I might need to do a bit of checking because I have not run this fast for 5.33 miles very often.  Might be a new PR.... ;)  Today's overall workout rating goes from a 4 to a 5.  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 5

HookedOnTri's Training Log

April 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Time
Distance