Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.00 miles
  • 15.00 Mi/hr

I sure didn't burn up any pavement with this ride. Nice and easy as can be seen by the HR numbers. Watched some of The Godfather III on AMC.

374 calories.

It's 5:30 AM on a Sunday morning.  What in God's name am I doing up?

Oh, that's right.  I need to introduce one lazy ass to a bike seat!  ;)

Super easy trainer ride is done.  I'm hoping there might be a chance to squeeze in another hour on the trainer tonight when I'm more awake.  :)

Cane's took one on the chin last night.  I can't wait for the rebound on Monday night!

Happy Sunday, everyone!  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3

7:00 PM tonight!  It's on!

HURRICANES vs. Canadiens  Game 1. 

Time to bring it!  :) 

I was considering climbing onto my bike trainer for the second half of the game tonight.  Scratch that plan.  LOL  I'm watching the game at home with several of the kids and having a few icy cold Yuenglings!!!  :)  Of course this means I need to get my lazy ass up before the crack of dawn tomorrow morning to ride before the kids get up.  :O

Have a fantastic Saturday, everyone!  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 49m 19s
  • 5.33 miles
  • 09m 15s /Mi

Nice easy, mostly aerobic lunch run. It's sure not winter out there anymore! 79 degrees outside when I finished. I am pleased with being able to keep my HR under 155, at least until the last lap, with the warmer temps.

Lap1: 11:57
Lap2: 12:29
Lap3: 12:19
Lap4: 12:33

591 calories.

My mind was weak this morning when I attempted to get up early for a swim.  I made it to the bathroom and fed the cats, but I was a bit dizzy.  Maybe I should try to get more than 5 hours of sleep before an early morning workout.  LOL

Never fear, I made up for it with a nice run at lunch today.  My left achilles is still a bit tender, but doesn't hurt.  I was aware of it during my run, but never bothered by it.  A couple of days off from running should do the trick.  I'll need to get in an extra swim next week anyway, and then go easy for Thursday and Friday before my party race on Saturday!  ;)

Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 3

I got up and out early this morning to the pool at the Y.  That's the good news.  The bad news is I forgot my goggles.  Why is it that I am such a wuss about needing my goggles to swim now, when I NEVER used them as a kid or teenager?  There's not enough time to get back home, pick them up, drive back to the Y and get in any kind of a swim.  Therefore, I declare tomorrow to be swim day!  ;)  I have to leave work a bit early today for parent/teacher conferences, so no lunch workout.  Therefore, I declare today to likely be a rest day.  ;)

Have a fantastic Thursday, everyone!  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7
Run
  • 46m 17s
  • 5.33 miles
  • 08m 41s /Mi

Good lunch run. Aerobic for the first two laps, then I let my hr climb a bit and ran. Left achilles was starting to get tight in the last 1/3 mile. Lots of stretching!

Lap1: 10:55
Lap2: 11:30
Lap3: 11:57
Lap4: 11:54

596 calories.

Nice lunch run today.  I'm going to try to swim tomorrow morning, and maybe hit the bike trainer again tomorrow night. 

Happy Wednesday, everyone!  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 1h 20m
  • 20.00 miles
  • 15.00 Mi/hr

Trainer ride while watching the 3rd period of the Canes loss to the Sabers tonight. At least the ride was good. LOL Distance is a conservative estimate of my trainer pace.

699 calories.

197 seems to be my first point of resistance on the way to getting my weight back to 190.  2 more days and I should be able to drop below that.  Well, I hope.  I really have no idea.  LOL

So far this month, I'm on track to meet my volume targets in swimming and running, but I'm 10 miles behind in biking with half of the month gone.  Not a problem, but I want to make sure I don't fall any more behind.  I may hit the bike trainer tonight while I watch the end of the Hurricanes final regular season game.  With a win or an Senators loss, the Canes will finish in first place in the Eastern Conference.  :)

Let's Go Canes!  :)

Happy Tuesday, everyone!  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 4
Run
  • 49m 24s
  • 5.33 miles
  • 09m 16s /Mi

Nice, easy, aerobic run at lunch. My legs were quite tired from yesterday, but they loosened up quickly and never really gave me any trouble. It was nice to finish my "easy" run and notice that I was still just over a 9 minute/mile pace.

Lap1: 11:36
Lap2: 12:29
Lap3: 12:46
Lap4: 12:31

595 calories.

It's another beautiful Spring day in NC.  I was not going to do any workouts when I woke up this morning, but as I started moving around and waking up completely, I became determined to keep going.  I brought my stuff to work for a nice, easy lunch run today.  I have to keep the metabolism cranked up.  The weight WILL come off, and I will be back to 190 again, soon!  :)

Happy Monday, everyone!  :)

As I was starting my 4th lap of my 2:30 lunch run today, the first stray rain drops landed.  It put a huge smile on my face, and I picked up the pace.  I felt like a little kid.  My music got me out of my aerobic pace within the last 1/3 - 1/2 mile, and the rain started falling heavier.  When I finished, with the goofiest grin on my face, it was pouring.  I haven't enjoyed a run that much in quite a while.  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3

HookedOnTri's Training Log

April 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Time
Distance