• 35m 56s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 08m 59s /Mi

Good lunch run with very tired legs.

Lap1: 11:28
Lap2: 12:00
Lap3: 12:27

431 calories.

There is something very gratifying about finishing what feels like a very slow run, only to find that I'm still under (barely) 9:00/mile.  :)

My legs were very tired today, right from the start, but no soreness anywhere.  I hope to get in a bike trainer ride early one morning this weekend.  All of the kids will be with us so there likely won't be a chance for any other workouts.  Still, I'm very pleased with my week.  :)

Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 51m 53s
  • 26.50 miles
  • 13.49 Mi/hr

Rode from my house to my daughter's school to read to her class, then back.

Out:
59:46 13.25 miles
Avg HR 133
Max HR 163
603 calories

Back:
52:07 13.25 miles
Avg HR 127
Max HR 156

543 calories.

I have absolutely no idea why coming back was so much faster...not going to complain.

After more thought, I think the time difference was due to traffic lights. Many more long red lights on the way out.

Swim
  • 57m 34s
  • 2500.00 yards
  • 02m 18s /100 yards

Good early morning swim today. This is my longest swim in over 6 months.

Up and out early again.  I could get used to this.  Who am I kidding?  I'm a night owl.  LOL  I'll do early morning workouts, but I'll never get used to it.  ;)

Happy Thursday, everyone!  :)

Well, today turned into a big workout day!  Somehow my keys went to work with Sara this morning, after I got home from the pool.  Fortunately, I'm able to work from home on my computer from time to time, so that was not a problem.  I walked with Alex over to his school, only about a mile round trip.  My problem was that I had to be at my daughter's class to read to the class at 2:00, and Sara would not be off work by then.  Julia had been talking to me for the last two days about me reading to her class, so there was no way I would let her down.  What to do, what to do?

Wait.  I have a bike.  ;)

Again I am so thankful for my health and a lifestyle that allows me to ride 26.5 miles on my bike, to read to my daugher's class.  I didn't think twice about it, but most people in this country would not be able to even consider it. 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 5
Bike
  • 40m
  • 10.00 miles
  • 15.00 Mi/hr

Estimated distance on bike trainer this morning. HRM was not reading well this morning so the data from it is off.

Early trainer ride this morning.  I would love to ride outside today, but work will be too busy, and I have to leave a bit early for one of my son's soccer game.  My ride was average, only because ANY early morning workout earns at least an average rating.  ;)

Happy Wednesday, everyone!  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 47m 53s
  • 5.35 miles
  • 08m 57s /Mi

Good lunch run today. Stayed aerobic until the 5 mile mark, then picked it up to finish under 48 minutes. My legs felt a little tired and tight in spots, but that all worked itself out and I felt real good during the last 3 minutes of higher pace.

Lap1: 11:30
Lap2: 11:57
Lap3: 12:29
Lap4: 11:56

595 calories.

Ran at lunch today.  It's beautiful outside, mid 60's and sunny.  I need to get on my bike!!!

Happy Tuesday, everyone!  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 4
Sport
  • Hockey
  • 1h 45m

Had a blast!

Playing hockey at noon today with Alex during stick and puck, then hitting the pool later today, maybe with Sara if she is up for it after work.  We were going for a bike ride this morning, but it's pretty rainy out.  

It's good to have a day off of work to just hang out.  :)

Happy Monday, everyone!  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7
Run
  • 52m 05s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 10m 25s /Mi

SLOW run on some good hills, early in the morning after a late night. I'll take it! LOL Stayed aerobic the whole time, just building some muscular endurance in the legs.

Laps 1+2 were 1.5 mile hilly loops, laps 3 + 4 were pretty flat 1 mile out and 1 mile back.

Lap1: 15:36
Lap2: 15:35
Lap3: 10:08
Lap4: 10:45

585 calories.

At my brother's house in Baltimore with Sara and Alex this weekend.  We had a blast yesterday visiting the Inner Harbor, Fort McHenry, and touring the USS Constellation.  I guess I could log a few of the miles we walked...LOL.

I got up and out early this morning for a decent run.  The best part of the entire workout was that I actually got up and out, considering how tired I was.  Good times!  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 5 Overall Workout: 3

Starting in April, I'm really going to try to hit my monthly volume goals for s/b/r.  They should carry me to my total volume goals for 2006.  Those numbers are close to a 50% total increase from 2005. 

My schedule is still so varied that I don't think I could follow any training plan very well.  I'm going to try to just get the work in and build my base.  I'm not looking for any spectacular performance in any races anyway, just hoping to do a few, stay in good shape and have a little bit of fun!  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 4

HookedOnTri's Training Log

April 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Time
Distance