Bike
  • 1h 21m 05s
  • 24.00 miles
  • 17.76 Mi/hr

Sweet! I love that I was able to ride this pace for such a distance! Who cares that it blew me up for the run. LOL Time also includes a pee stop.

Run
  • 1h 00m 29s
  • 6.20 miles
  • 09m 46s /Mi

Run was tough. I could not get my HR down after the swim and bike efforts. I ended up LETTING myself walk for a few short stretches. That was the only disappointing thing about the entire day. I am very happy with the time for this run, coming at the end of the Oly race, just unhappy that I let myself walk. Who cares? It was a blast!

Swim
  • 24m 57s
  • 1640.00 yards
  • 01m 31s /100 yards

First open water swim, in beautiful conditions. Much faster than I thought I would do.

I figured I could at least log my first ever Olympic distance triathlon, even if it's currently July 5th!  LOL  This race was done on "base fitness" only.  I truely did no training for it, so I'm quite happy with the results.  I swam much faster than I had projected, I pushed very hard on the bike and had my best ride ever for any kind of distance, and then the run pretty much sucked.  I had to stop and walk a couple of times.  Check that, I didn't HAVE to stop, but I LET  myself stop. 

It's all good, as the run time didn't turn out bad, my overall finish time was under 3 hours, which thrilled me, I had a blast the entire time, and best of all, Sara and Alex were there to cheer me home!  I also got to catch up to some old and new tri friends, which makes this sport as much fun as it is.  :)

Overall finish:  125/147 men.  35-39 Age Group:  25/29.

T1:  4:40 and T2:  3:10.

• Health data: Overall Workout: 5

The Hurricanes are looking to eliminate the Sabres tonight in Buffalo and head into the Stanley Cup Finals.  It's gonna be a great day!  :)

Happy Tuesday, everyone!  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6
Swim
  • 10m
  • 500.00 yards
  • 02m /100 yards

Outdoor pool opened at the Y this weekend! Estimated time while dodging a LOT of kids. LOL

Sport
  • Hockey
  • 1h 30m

Wow, what a great workout! Alex got in the net with his goalie gear, and another dad and I, along with 6 other kids played a 4 on 4 scrimage on half of the ice. We had a blast, and I got in an incredible workout! I'll be stiff tomorrow. LOL

Happy Memorial Day, everyone! :)

Great day today, with some pool time, watching the Hurricanes practice, and playing hockey this evening.  The hockey was much more of a workout that the small number of laps I did in the pool.  :O 

The Canes are really finding a way to win right now, even when not playing their best game.  Friday's Game 4 was an absolute clinic by the Canes as they shut out the Sabres 4-0.  Then, Sunday's game was pretty ugly, but they still managed to come from two goals down to tie it up and win in overtime. 

Sara and I spent several hours making a 12 foot long banner Saturday evening.  She got her inspiration from Sir Winston Churchill....on a billboard.  LOL  It said, "NEVER, NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP"  and below that, "LETS GO CANES".  She has made a stencil for the Hurricanes logo, and we painted one on each end of the banner.  We could not have picked a better night for this message.  We got it on the big screen in the arena two different times, including right after the overtime, come from behind win, while Alex was dancing under it on our row.  LOL   What a wonderful time we all had, and continue to have!  :)  It was a very memorable Memorial Day weekend for us.  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4

HookedOnTri's Training Log

June 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Time
Distance