Run
  • 17m 21s
  • 2.00 kms
  • 08m 41s /KM

A "Scout's Pace" run. Scouts pace was 30 seconds walking - 30 seconds running. BUT I tweaked it a little.

I run downhill and walked uphill. On the flats I scouts paced.

So most of this was downhill so I ran it. ^_^

Swim
  • 1h 07m 25s
  • 2850.00 meters
  • 02m 22s /100 meters

A hard session in the pool today. But I made it. I only missed 50m when I just couldn't keep afloat during butterfly.

Sport #1
  • Bowling
  • 2h 00m

2km walk the rest of the way to work after the pool.

Don't think the bowling really counts - But jeez my calves were sore after it!

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 31m 04s

2km walk the rest of the way to work after the pool.

Don't think the bowling really counts - But jeez my calves were sore after it!

WOW! I can't believe I did all that this morning!!!

It is SO hot currently. Woke up drenched with sweat at 2:30 this morning. opened all the windows in the house and removed my "wet" clothes.

When I got up to go to the pool my shirt was still wet! LOL

Going BOWLING tonight. So I'll get to add that to my SPORTS for the day too! TEE HEE HEE

Got my blood pressure taken today! It was 98 on 72 and the doctor says "THAT'S FANTASTIC!" obviously he's seen too many overweight and obease people run through his clinic...

Normal blood pressure is lower than 120/80 mmHg. O_O I'm a LONG way under!!!

Bike
  • 14m 30s
  • 3.87 kms
  • 16.01 KM/hr
Run
  • 27m 18s
  • 4.80 kms
  • -----

347 Calories
>_< OH MY GOD IS IT HOT OR WHAT??? I walked in through the door and H2B said I looked like I'd been rained on. No it's not raining. This is SWEAT. It's only 6:30am!!

Took my HRM back for a spin and she's "as new" because the strap and watch are both brand new. So I guess it was kind of worth the wait.

Strength
  • 30m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(kg)
    Max
    wt.(kg)
  • ABS - Crunches
  • BICEPS - DB Curls
  • SHOULDERS - Rotator Cuff - Front
  • TRICEPS - DB Overhead Extension

Got inspired watching extreme makeover! :)

No Training today... but here's some photos from last night. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=14248&l=b5e6f&id=558516129

Got inspired watching extreme Makeover tonight. They had a girl on there with a severe craniofacial deformity who'd been ridiculed and even labeled as "retarded" all because of the way she talked due to the malformation of her jaw.

Her transformation was stunning. And it took me back to when I had that damn surgery.

I also had a craniofacial malformation. From birth though. I've never been able to breathe through my nose which probably explains why I was never any good at anything athletic and still have trouble "adjusting" my breathing. My surgery wasn't as radical as the girl's on extreme makeover but when my surgeon came back out to me after I woken up and said "By the way, We had to drill out your nasal cavities since you didn't have any - " It kind of sets the seen for a new life.

While I honestly usually can't stand watching shows like extreme makeover - this time they got it right. This poor girl was a hermit due to the ridicule she'd endured for years. Now she is as beautiful on the outside as she was within.

While the show was going I started doing weights. Why??? Because I could! Because I'm stronger now then I ever was as the "little flat nosed girl"

Who knows - I might have ended up as this girl had if I had not have been fortunete enough to work with one of the best surgeons in this damn country.

I'm totally against cosmetic surgery for "lifestyle" reasons. I'm all for Plastic and reconstructive surgery when it comes down to "Begin your life" reasons.

Where am I going with this.... Yeah. I'd pinpoint my craniofacial reconstruction as a pivotal moment in my road to begin living.

Who would've thought I'd be a triathlete?

No Training today.  It's the work Christmas Party tonight and I'm going as the white Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland.  My Auntie Said she had a "full body" rabbit Costume - But it's currently 30 degrees C at 5:08pm in Brisbane.  I'm glad I'm going as a kind of "playboy" bunny White rabbit - Otherwise I'd drop dead from the heat. 

Photos to come  later!   

Bike
  • 34m 05s
  • 8.80 kms
  • 15.49 KM/hr
Run
  • 39m 42s
  • 4.06 kms
  • 09m 47s /KM

I'm getting increasingly frustrated with my running. ;_;

I'm not enjoying my run training and it's really annoying me.

I've never been athletic - EVER. I always came last in school runnign carnivals and in high school I actually developed a golden staph infection in my right ankle - Meaning I was unable to walk let alone run properly.

Now that I'm older I WANT to run! I want to get out there and RUN. Just get the hell out of here on my own too feet. BUT It's hot work, I get tired way too easily and I'm not seeing the level of improovement that I've seen in the swim or the bike legs. My run seems to be stagnating.

I've followed "the guides" and am not making any improvements on my own.

So I'm thinking of joining a running group to get me "run fit" and also to motivate me to actually get out there.

I'm looking into groups. Pat carroll is the first to check out since Paul (pzdipr) runs with him quite regularly and looks like he's having a good time. ^_^

I'll let you know how the search goes!

OH YEAH! My Bribie Photo is up. Yup... Gotta love that ENDURA!

Check it out! My pool finally has a website! http://www.langlandspool.com.au/

Bike
  • 34m 04s
  • 8.78 kms
  • 15.46 KM/hr
Swim
  • 55m
  • 2500.00 meters
  • 02m 12s /100 meters

Interval sessions today so the distance was shorter but the effort was much harder (thus the improvement in time!)

Bike
  • 1h 58m 19s
  • 40.79 kms
  • 20.69 KM/hr

No swimming today. But I did ride this morning (left my computer on the bike) Will update this afternoon

I AM SOOOOOO PISSED OFF WITH TIMEX AUSTRALIA  AND REBEL SPORT!!!!

Okay. My heart rate monitor watch (ironman 30 Lap womens) died suddenly in the water. It was under warrenty so I returned the whole thing to where I got it from.  Rebel Sport.  My watch and heart rate monitor strap - Everything!  I was told it would take two days to get to Melbourne to be assessed.  I rang on the monday after I dropped it off and they said it was in a queue and that my watch would take 2-3 weeks.  NOT HAPPY.  At the time Bribie was two weeks away!

I get a call from Rebel last Wednesday saying my watch had came back in.   WOOHOO!  I was happy and told them I'd be there that afternoon. 

SURE the watch had come back but Timex forgot to send the Heart rate monitor strap. 

Rebel rang through to Timex to say they'd post it here on Monday.

It's Wednesday.  I rang Rebel to chase it up, YET AGAIN and it turns out Timex did post the strap - BUT they posted it to the wrong store!!!!  WTF????   They're express posting it today so I should be able to collect it tomorrow.

I Bloody well hope so. 

I'm not happy with Timex' service at all!  Which is a shame because I really do love that watch.  Next time it "breaks" I may just have to go with a POLAR instead.  >:(

light_sabe_r's Training Log

December 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance