• 14m 33s
  • 3.00 kms
  • 04m 51s /KM
Swim
  • 05m 51s
  • 300.00 meters
  • 01m 57s /100 meters

here's how the negotiations went.

My current contract has me on Still the same pay. Same duties. NOW. I know if they were going to replace me they'd be advertising at the next level up. A difference in pay of $15000!!!!

Imagine that?? $15000 extra per year - That's an extra $45000 (not including increments) over the life of the contract!
So I was pretty upset that I wasn't being offered what someone brand new would be offered.

I went and spoke to supervisor #1.

Told him two things:

My contract needs to go to Level 6 before I sign it. or I apply for the opening in the other lab- which is level 6. which means I'll probably get it and you guys advertise for my job at level 6. Either option means this contract will be at level 6 before anybodie's signature goes on it.

Now there's a huge uproar in management because the administrative staff didn't show them my contract.

I'm set for a pay rise if I stay in my job or apply for this new one.

BUT here's the dilema.

I've also applied for uni. I've applied to go back for a year to complete a Graduate Diploma in Education. When i applied for it I was getting sick of my current job and didn't think I'd have a hope in hell of getting another job further up the ranks. The pay stunk but I had enough to live on. I was going to do education to fit in for H2B's and my plan for kids.

I won't find out until I have a UNI place until 10th December. The applications close on this new job on the 17th. FULL TIME - ZERO PAY.

I think I've had enough of my current job. So I've got two options.

Do I go with the new Job and be sitting on QUITE a Substantial pay increase or do I do a complete career change???

WHAT SHOULD I DO???

On a lighter note - Reverse this and put the woman in the man's spot....  Repaint the bike pink and I think I've found our wedding cake topper. 

Run
  • 20m 54s
  • 2.00 kms
  • 10m 27s /KM
Swim
  • 49m 14s
  • 1800.00 meters
  • 02m 44s /100 meters

This is what I feel like after a big night out with my family celebrating my graduation...

Don't worry snowmen... I was not too hungover that I couldn't swim. I didn't do squad this morning though - I did a session by myself and had one of those "spew and swallow quick" moments while on the kickboard - I was at 1750m so I had an easy lap back and hopped out.

EWE!!!

Wish me luck. I'm going to negotiate my own contract today. AND I'm going to win. This isn't just positive thinking!

• Health data: Soreness: 3 Sick: 4 Overall Workout: 3
Sport
  • Walking
  • 49m 59s

Run
  • 17m 21s
  • 2.00 kms
  • 08m 41s /KM

A "Scout's Pace" run. Scouts pace was 30 seconds walking - 30 seconds running. BUT I tweaked it a little.

I run downhill and walked uphill. On the flats I scouts paced.

So most of this was downhill so I ran it. ^_^

Swim
  • 1h 07m 25s
  • 2850.00 meters
  • 02m 22s /100 meters

A hard session in the pool today. But I made it. I only missed 50m when I just couldn't keep afloat during butterfly.

Sport #1
  • Bowling
  • 2h 00m

2km walk the rest of the way to work after the pool.

Don't think the bowling really counts - But jeez my calves were sore after it!

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 31m 04s

2km walk the rest of the way to work after the pool.

Don't think the bowling really counts - But jeez my calves were sore after it!

WOW! I can't believe I did all that this morning!!!

It is SO hot currently. Woke up drenched with sweat at 2:30 this morning. opened all the windows in the house and removed my "wet" clothes.

When I got up to go to the pool my shirt was still wet! LOL

Going BOWLING tonight. So I'll get to add that to my SPORTS for the day too! TEE HEE HEE

Got my blood pressure taken today! It was 98 on 72 and the doctor says "THAT'S FANTASTIC!" obviously he's seen too many overweight and obease people run through his clinic...

Normal blood pressure is lower than 120/80 mmHg. O_O I'm a LONG way under!!!

Bike
  • 14m 30s
  • 3.87 kms
  • 16.01 KM/hr
Run
  • 27m 18s
  • 4.80 kms
  • -----

347 Calories
>_< OH MY GOD IS IT HOT OR WHAT??? I walked in through the door and H2B said I looked like I'd been rained on. No it's not raining. This is SWEAT. It's only 6:30am!!

Took my HRM back for a spin and she's "as new" because the strap and watch are both brand new. So I guess it was kind of worth the wait.

light_sabe_r's Training Log

December 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance