Swim
  • 1h 10m
  • 2500.00 meters
  • 02m 48s /100 meters

Reindeer keep picking on the snowmen...
Noz keeps trying to melt my fellow team mates. So I ran rudolf over. Whoops! Sorry Kiddies.

• Health data: Sleep: 1
Sport
  • Walking
  • 40m

Having a Complete rest day today to make sure I'm all bright and perky for the week before Christmas that is the week.

My Knee (which I scraped in the water yesterday) is stinging a bit but other than that I think I've pulled up scott free.

Last week for DECENT swimming.

Thoughts on my walk...

I think I'm finally considering myself to be a triathlete. I'm no longer a "girl who does triathlon" Triathlon is no longer "something I'd like to do" It's something I'm doing right here and now! It's something I do often and really enjoy. It's now one of my "things"

YOU ARE A PIRATE!!!   Must get this on my MP3 player before my next training session...

Bike
  • 23m 34s
  • 10.00 kms
  • 25.46 KM/hr
Run
  • 14m 33s
  • 3.00 kms
  • 04m 51s /KM
Swim
  • 05m 51s
  • 300.00 meters
  • 01m 57s /100 meters

here's how the negotiations went.

My current contract has me on Still the same pay. Same duties. NOW. I know if they were going to replace me they'd be advertising at the next level up. A difference in pay of $15000!!!!

Imagine that?? $15000 extra per year - That's an extra $45000 (not including increments) over the life of the contract!
So I was pretty upset that I wasn't being offered what someone brand new would be offered.

I went and spoke to supervisor #1.

Told him two things:

My contract needs to go to Level 6 before I sign it. or I apply for the opening in the other lab- which is level 6. which means I'll probably get it and you guys advertise for my job at level 6. Either option means this contract will be at level 6 before anybodie's signature goes on it.

Now there's a huge uproar in management because the administrative staff didn't show them my contract.

I'm set for a pay rise if I stay in my job or apply for this new one.

BUT here's the dilema.

I've also applied for uni. I've applied to go back for a year to complete a Graduate Diploma in Education. When i applied for it I was getting sick of my current job and didn't think I'd have a hope in hell of getting another job further up the ranks. The pay stunk but I had enough to live on. I was going to do education to fit in for H2B's and my plan for kids.

I won't find out until I have a UNI place until 10th December. The applications close on this new job on the 17th. FULL TIME - ZERO PAY.

I think I've had enough of my current job. So I've got two options.

Do I go with the new Job and be sitting on QUITE a Substantial pay increase or do I do a complete career change???

WHAT SHOULD I DO???

On a lighter note - Reverse this and put the woman in the man's spot....  Repaint the bike pink and I think I've found our wedding cake topper. 

Run
  • 20m 54s
  • 2.00 kms
  • 10m 27s /KM
Swim
  • 49m 14s
  • 1800.00 meters
  • 02m 44s /100 meters

This is what I feel like after a big night out with my family celebrating my graduation...

Don't worry snowmen... I was not too hungover that I couldn't swim. I didn't do squad this morning though - I did a session by myself and had one of those "spew and swallow quick" moments while on the kickboard - I was at 1750m so I had an easy lap back and hopped out.

EWE!!!

Wish me luck. I'm going to negotiate my own contract today. AND I'm going to win. This isn't just positive thinking!

• Health data: Soreness: 3 Sick: 4 Overall Workout: 3
Sport
  • Walking
  • 49m 59s

light_sabe_r's Training Log

December 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31