So it's that time of year that I'm starting to think of new Years resolutions.  This year my resolutions are GOALS.  

GOAL 1:  Complete the Noosa Triathlon 

Here's Emma Snowsill and Craig Walton at the finish line at Noosa after winning the open categories.  I don't need to win.  I just need to FINISH!  

In order to complete this race - I need to increase my training to build endurance for the longer distance.  Which brings me to goal 2

GOAL 2: Join a Brisbane Running Group

So here's the thing.  Out of all the groups I've researched so far - The PAT CARROLL running group looks the funnest!   I mean - The guy is dressed like WOLVERINE on the last run of the year!  LOL  Looks hilarious!  The phantom and flash also made an appearance. 

The only problem is that Pat's running group timetable clashes with my current swim squad time table.  I'm still not at a level where I can abandon my swim squad - So the aim is to find a running group that trains on any day OTHER than Tuesday and Thursday.   They do train on Fridays so I might send an  enquiry and ask about that.  After looking at a variety of groups - There's only one that offers sessions on Mondays and Wednesdays -  INTRAINING

InTraining however has quite a nice blurb under the session descriptions on a Monday and Wednesday "beginner sessions"   

An easy introductory session of broken pace.  Who should attend: novice runners and runners unable to run 10km non-stop.

Unable to run 10km non stop eh?  Needs to learn how to run 10km non-stop in order to finish the Noosa Triathlon???  I think this may be ideal.  First session is on 2nd January so we'll see how we go.

The last goal I have is another goal to get me ready for Noosa.  

GOAL 3: Complete the 2008-2009 QTS and Bribie Sprint Triathlons.

I said to myself at the beginning of the 2007-2008 tri season that if I placed top ten in any Enticer/shortcourse/mini-sprint race that I'd be able to "move up" to the long course sprints.  These are generally 750m swims, 20-25km rides, 5km runs.  However the people who complete these distances are in general are MUCH more competative. 

I'm actually going to go to Robina in January to have a go at a real sprint.  Since I didn't sign up for it when I paid all my other race fees.  (My aim for this season was to have fun and BUILD experience racing in the enticers)  So I'm going to sign up and see how we go eh? 

So that's my New Year's resolutions.  To encourage me to stick to the running I've signed up for the January Challenge with the goal of at least running 2km per day.  - 62km in total for the month of January.  

Strength
  • 05m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(kg)
    Max
    wt.(kg)