Swim
  • 1h 05m 45s
  • 2800.00 meters
  • 02m 32s /100 meters

LONG distances this morning... I'm just glad that I made it.

This little article just prooves what I've known since I moved to my little apartment in Coorparoo!

It's QUICKER to RUN to work than it is to catch the bus. http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,22866240-952,00.html

The video's pretty good. The runner won (DUH!!!) and suprisingly the bus beat the car!!! O_O The reason?? The car driver couldn't find a park!

If a bike had've been in the mix the BIKE would have won. HANDS DOWN - NO CONTEST!!!

WOOHOO! I finally have a photo of a snowman to honour my Challenge team this month!!

Since it never snows here and we're in the middle of summer - This little guy is made out of the ice shaved off the freezer while we defrosted it last year.  he has pipette tip eyes and nose and pastuer pipettes for arms.  The Hat I added in Photoshop.  ^_^

Bike
  • 29m 42s
  • 13.00 kms
  • 26.26 KM/hr
Run
  • 22m
  • 3.00 kms
  • 07m 20s /KM
Swim
  • 08m 29s
  • 300.00 meters
  • 02m 50s /100 meters

So today I probably raced my worse race ever! the conditions were lousy! Totally lowsy! I did not enjoy myself - I nearly drowned!

For the first time ever I got rescued by a lifeguard and I pretty much hacked up all over his board.

Pretty good start to the race huh?

Lets start at the beginning. We get to Bribie and I'm nervous. I get into transition and the racks are numbered. I find this a bit of relief- Except that the girl next too me has a giant towel and is taking up all my transition space too. PLUSin the space I actually have - I'm RIGHT ON TOP OF A BULL ANT'S NEST!!!

So I got transtion set up as best I could. Then to try and calm myself down I ran through what I'd do. It was my first time at Bribie and I to say I was "unfamiliar" was an understatement.

I figured out where I was running into transition and taking the bike out of. BUT - Couldn't figure out where I was coming back in.

Had no time to warm up. I couldn't understand the information about the WAVES and it was starting to get windy.

I did start with the right wave luckily. BUT just as we started the wind picked up. The water was really choppy. Every time I came up for breath I copped a lungful of salt water. I just couldn't get going and I was struggling to stay aflot. Next minute I'm almost HACKING and coughing up water everywhere. Lifeguard picks me up and says "I'll take you back to sure" I shake my head as I coughing up and somehow manage to thank him and tell him I'm going to make it back myself - and I did.

I wanted to cry when I reached the sure. But more importantly I was still thinking I was going to vomit.

I did finish the race - SO NOT a PB. Just under a hour according to my watch. Had problems on the ride too but I'll get to that in the race report. T2 was terrible cause the girl with a big towel had thrown her stuffinto my spot. I swore when I came back in and screamed "BITCH!" and then the ants of KARMA got me. I kicked her helmet off my stuff and got the hell out of there.

I was so exhausted on the run I was just shuffling to try and finish.

So yeah - RACE REPORT TO COME! I'm going to sleep some more. That was the TOUGHEST race I've ever done. I feel I did better in the Caloundra event - AND that was longer AND I came dead last in it! I really really really felt

EEEP

Tommorrow's the Bribie Island Sprint Tri!  I'm looking forward to it.  More importantly I'm NOT SICK this time so I'll be able to race.  

Tommorrow I'm trialing the new Tri-action Triathlon sports bra from Triumph!  I hope to do a review on it if all goes well.  ^_^

PACKED

SWIM:
Goggles, Sports Bra, Tri Suit, Heart Rate Monitor (I'm borrowing BF's since Timex are so g'damn stupid they sent my watch back but not my heart rate strap)

BIKE:
The Bike, Bike pump, Spare tubes, Water + Endura Bottles, Race Number Belt, Sunnies, Gloves, Shoes

RUN:
SOCKS (Runs a bit longer) shoes, Hat. 

OTHER ITEMS:

Stingoze: For the jellyfish
Sunscreen:
Powerbars and lollies
Change of Clothes
Triathlon Australia Liscence
Reciept from when I paid for this - I still haven't recieved many emails from the Bribie Triathlon

So yeah..  Waking up nice and Early.  H2B is driving and I get to sit in the car eating bananas.  ^_^   Wish me luck! 

Bike
  • 30m 49s
  • 8.79 kms
  • 17.11 KM/hr
Run
  • 34m 26s
  • 4.80 kms
  • 06m 20s /KM
Strength
  • 10m

Bike
  • 30m 54s
  • 8.45 kms
  • 16.41 KM/hr
Swim
  • 1h 15m 32s
  • 2000.00 meters
  • 03m 47s /100 meters
Strength
  • 20m

Bike
  • 32m 57s
  • 8.79 kms
  • 16.01 KM/hr
Run
  • 52m 27s
  • 5.77 kms
  • 09m 05s /KM

Was way too early in the morning for this!

Strength
  • 15m

light_sabe_r's Training Log

December 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance