• 15m 13s
  • 2.00 kms
  • 07m 37s /KM
Swim
  • 1h 17m 21s
  • 3000.00 meters
  • 02m 35s /100 meters

WOW! 3000m today! JEEZ! What the hell?

there was a 1200m set & on a 100m effort I timed 2min 13.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 35m
ANOTHER REASON I LOVE RIDING MY BIKE!

Anyway. there I was going past this childcare centre on my pink bike & dressed in pink, and a mother was picking up her twin girls and walking them home. They would have been 2, maybe 3 years old. One of the girls was all dressed in pink. She saw me coming and broke into a HUGE grin and started waving. I couldn't help but smile and wave back.

THE RUNNING GROUP IS LOOKING UP.

At my IN TRAINING run session last night I ran into an old friend from Uni. Janelle's been doing triathlons as well. She's riding the full sprint distances on her hybrid and has been working up to half marathon distance. As soon as she said that "if we can find a swimmer, we could do a half iron man" And I mean that. I CAN do 90km in around 3hours - (since I completed the 100km brisbane to gold coast in 3hr 15) Would be pretty cool. TEAM ENTRY!

Bike
  • 30m 58s
  • 8.67 kms
  • 16.29 KM/hr
Run
  • 43m 35s
  • 5.03 kms
  • 08m 40s /KM

ACTUAL TIME TRIAL: 17:36 for 3km - PACE 5mim52 per km 188 average hr

Rain Hail or shine - I MUST GET TO THE RUN GROUP TONIGHT...

We're doing a 3km time trial! :)

Bike
  • 15m 01s
  • 5.01 kms
  • 20.02 KM/hr

NEW MAX! 60.8kph!

Sport
  • Walking
  • 45m

Just couldn't run... again

Didn't run last night... I was still in the process of emtying my bladder after the renal ultrasound.

Anyhue, do you know how hard it is to WAIT for an ultrasound??? I mean FARK! I got there on time... 2:30 like they told me too knowing that the appointment wouldn't be until 2:45. 2:50 rolled on and I'm sitting there bouncing my legs trying not to watch the running water on the TV monitor (because of the FLASH FLOODING we had here on the weekend)

2:51... COME ON DAMN IT I NEED TO PEE!

2:52... OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!

2:53... .......... What the hell is wrong with Britney spears???

2:54... if they don't come out here by 2:55 I'm complaining...

2:54 and 30seconds WOOHOO MY NAME'S BEEN CALLED!

Anyway. So it goes well. Kidney was still tender but there was nothing wrong with it. Doctor suspects it may have cleared on it's own, but was more likely a bleed caused by "doing too much"

Speaking of doing too much - I'm feeling really flat currently. I slept trhough three alarms to get me to the pool this morning. Which sucks cause that was the first lesson of the year.

I tried to run to work - But it was so god damn hot that I couldn't

Oh well.

Bike
  • 1h 28m 15s
  • 31.30 kms
  • 21.28 KM/hr

The River loop

1:40pm... In the middle of drinking 1L water for my renal ultrasound... NO PAIN this morning by the way.

Anyway.  I'm BUSTING.  How the hell am I supposed to hold this for 1hour???  HELP

Run
  • 25m 13s
  • 4.80 kms
  • 05m 15s /KM

Bike
  • 46m 02s
  • 11.47 kms
  • 14.95 KM/hr

I printed off the shout out to Tim and left it as a suprise on his desk this morning. ^_^ As much fun as it is telling you all what a great guy he is, it's important for him to know too. :) He was touched and I got al emotional (in a good way) He's so sweet!

Anyhue. Still sore today so I'm not adding anything to the LEM total. ;_; Hopefully the doc rings back with good news around midday.

Today I got to try out my full wet weather kit. Booties, Rain coat, long pants. It's COLD AND MISERABLE here. So much so that I slept with the DOONA last night. A DOONA??? In SUMMER???? what's going on???

If you can, Get a copy of Australian Triathlon and Multisport Magazine this month. Read the article about Anne Garton. I've known about Anne's achievements since the beginning of the year when I saw her story on Australian story on ABC2 one Saturday Morning on Repeat... I was just about to run when her story came on. It was worth NOT running that morning to watch it.

She's a Brisbanite. She's currently working with the Croc squad and she's an age grouper who's made it to the worlds! But she made it to worlds from her HOSPITAL BED!

I mean this girl was condemned to supergluing her bike shoes so she could keep riding. Her tri team were giving her handme down outfits to help her train! Her doctors had her on 24 hr watch and allowed her to train under very strict conditions. She is fighting her mental illness head on by kicking some serious arse in the Queensland Triathlon Series.

Since qualifing for the worlds (and turning it down since she couldn't afford it) she's had everything donated to her so she can focus on her support and recovery. I'm really proud of being from Brisbane when Radio stations, corporations and local tri squads rally around and help others. Anne was able to make it to the worlds and even got 7 weeks of CROC SQUAD coaching beforehand which really helped her improve, -new gear-new bike- and her family got to be waiting for her at the finish line.

Anne inspires me more than the pros do. You go Anne! We are proud of you! I'm hoping Anne will be on the course at Robina (and kick my arse!)

• Health data: Soreness: 3

light_sabe_r's Training Log

January 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance