Run
  • 19m 19s
  • 3.00 kms
  • 06m 26s /KM
Swim
  • 07m 02s
  • 300.00 meters
  • 02m 21s /100 meters

Okay I'll admit. it.  I got into a funk after last week.  I didn't train much.  I had NO ENTHUSIASM for it.  I was upset.   

That all changed today! 

Guess who bought home the pottery. :) I won my first piece of silverware today.

RACE REPORT - In short... Will do a long one soon!

Swims conditions today were terrible. I really felt sorry for silver_streak cause he would have been in the second wave. Most of the guys in the first two waves spent most of the waves going backwards. Today was the first time I've ever seen a rubber ducky boat to rescue people. The oldest competator of the day was sent 300m backwards from the actual swim course the current was so strong.

The Course was altered for the girls waves. THANKFULLY. :) When our wave went, I was just trying to make it to the buoy and then immeadiatley back to shore... that way I could run along the shore and go faster. After 50m I was thankful I wasn't going BACKWARDS! I employed a new stratergy today - Swim like I was using the pull buoy. :) I hardly kicked. I used my arms. I;ve proven time and time again in squad that I am totally unco-ordinated. I swim faster using only my arms than as if I was swimming true freestyle.

The current was still strong. Coming round the buoy, I got tangled, and then another woman got pushed into me due to the current. But I made it to shore... Mid pack... Although I couldn't see many "H" on legs...

Bike leg I stuffed up. Took a wrong turn and had to do an emergency hot dog. SWORE the rest of that lap. Was really REALLY worried because I didn't see many H women... Where the hell were they?? I should be passing them all by now?

Got back into transition. There were TWO bikes in my age group area... TWO. It dawned on me on me that I was in third place. I conducted my fastest transition EVER and blasted out onto the run. My heart rate did not drop under 193... I kept looking for Hs on legs... I couldn't see any!!! I wasn't expecting too... but any female running in the other direction I turned my head to look at the letter if I could...

500m before the end I was PASSED by a H. I desperatley tried to hang on... swore as I lost breath and tasted bile. I saw her finish. Then I crossed the line. Quite happy with a PB of 55:31... also happy with 4th place.

UNTIL

Transition opened. I was going to get my bike and go home. When I realised that one of the bikes I'd been counting in my age group, belonged to someone in the J category.... It dawned on me... I'VE COME THIRD!!!! HOLY SHOT!!!!

So I stuck around... Nervous... VERY nervous... What if I didn't get it? am I setting myself up for a fall?

Sticking around was worth it... cept for the announcer calling me an Argentinian. O_o? How the hell did he get that?

I have my cup. I've drunk my champus out of it to celebrate and now it's taking pride of place in the crystal cabinent.

A pretty good day!

REAL Race report to come.

Run
  • 32m 34s
  • 4.80 kms
  • 06m 40s /KM

Bike
  • 22m 06s
  • 10.00 kms
  • 27.15 KM/hr

Had a look at the results again... pzdipr picked this up yesterday.

Our race is 3mins off! The girl who got first apparently took six minutes to complete 200m.... Ummm... Like what the hell dude?? And she was fast! 5mins for me is an average time... Six minutes for the fastest competetor is just WRONG. (200m??? No current at the time? C'mon!)

So maybe I did come sixteenth... But I know I had a blinder of a ride. I was one of the fastest on the ride so I'm okay with that. :)

But here's an interesting fact... My ride time is the second fastest (the fastest ride time that made it to the results is only 30s faster!)

My run time is very middle of the pack though.

Still a little pissed off about yesterday.  But what can I do eh?  I made my complaint. 

I got a response... So all I can do is sit on it...  I want to write my race report... But it's no good SAYING what my time was and then seeing what the actual results were.  ;_; 

light_sabe_r's Training Log

February 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 

Time
Distance