Sport
  • Walking
  • 2h 30m
I AM ON HOLIDAYS!

Swim
  • 12m 16s
  • 500.00 meters
  • 02m 27s /100 meters

15m pool at the hotel. Pull, free and kick. :)

I AM ON HOLIDAYS!

Bike
  • 27m 18s
  • 11.00 kms
  • 24.18 KM/hr

INTERVAL TRAINING!

Run #1
  • 08m 56s
  • 1.30 kms
  • 06m 52s /KM

Run off the bike - TORTURE!

Run #2
  • 04m 21s
  • 0.70 kms
  • 06m 13s /KM
Swim
  • 12m 12s
  • 400.00 meters
  • 03m 03s /100 meters

200 free, 200 pull

Strength
  • 12m

TUG OF WAR, Push ups, sit ups, ... Medicine ball twists.

I AM ON HOLIDAYS!

• Health data: Soreness: 1
Run #1
  • 28m 31s
  • -----
  • -----

It's DRILL TIME!!!

Run #2
  • 14m 16s
  • 2.10 kms
  • 06m 47s /KM

6 interval loops!

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 10m

Photo from last night.  

WAITING IS HELL!!!!!

I'm WAITING for the day to be over so I'll be on holidays.  I'm WAITING for USM events to confirm my swim and overall time from the weekend so I can write my race report.  (To be fair, USM have done all they can... they're waiting on the timing wizards)   AND I'm waiting for the posting of the FINAL standings for the category placings for the enticer series... EEEEEP. 

• Health data: Sleep: 5
So I've got a work cocktail party tonight... and just to be funny I tried on my formal dress and asked FH what he thought about it....
Jaw dropped, eye popped... Ummm... I think I'm just going to have to wear my formal dress. The blasted thing is 9 years old! (I bought it in 1999 because I had a Cocktail party to go to for my work... and then wore it for my formal party in year 12, then again for 2 of my cousins weddings (different sides of the family and I wore it on a cruise in 2002)
I can't believe the dress still fits! The thing is it fits BETTER now than it did in year 12. (although it did fit me in 1999)
I'm taking my trusty LBD to work as well... Don't wanna rock up TOO formal now do I?
Triathlon does have advantages! 9 years old and fits like a glove. That's gotta be pretty damn cool!!!

-----

More updates on my race time from Sunday.  Well they've confirmed that the times I'm claiming are mine are mine because the guy they've allocated them too didn't compete.  He was sick.  

YAY!  

in other news on the Enticer series points Tally...  I'M IN FIFTH SPOT!!!  ME!!!  FIFTH???  Out of 179 women who competed in the enticers this year, I'm in fifth spot for the series.  WOW!!!

That's NOT including the  LAST race as they haven't allocated the points for that one yet. 
Bike #1
  • 14m 05s
  • 3.97 kms
  • 16.91 KM/hr
Bike #2
  • 18m 13s
  • 4.57 kms
  • 15.05 KM/hr
Swim
  • 45m 55s
  • 1700.00 meters
  • 02m 42s /100 meters

UPDATE from yesterday

So I was supposed to be 1045 and the other guy was supposed to be 1054. The lady behind must'nt have had her coffee yet. USM is ringing the other guy to tell him what's going on and to get determine his results. But the spreadsheet and times will be updated for me. :) Which means I'm still in contention for a series top ten place. YAY! :)

Bike
  • 14m 55s
  • 5.00 kms
  • 20.11 KM/hr
Run
  • 10m 35s
  • 2.00 kms
  • 05m 17s /KM
Swim
  • 04m 30s
  • 200.00 meters
  • 02m 15s /100 meters

Waiting on USM to update my results. My results were given to someone else. >_< I wasn't even listed as a DNS.

What a bugga. Aparently the guy who got my results finished the swim in 31 seconds. But his ride time of 14mins 55 and run time of 10mins 35 match up with what I have on my watch... (plus the fact he had MY number!!)

DAMN! If I'm right... I completed the swim in 4mins to 4mins 30 which does put me in contention for a top ten placing. My team and my partner reckoned there were only five to six women in my group who crossed ahead of me too.

The actual race was SOOOOO short I can't remembver much.

I remember tussling with another woman in the water. I remember that even though it was cold I did the whole thing freestyle and it wasn't as cold as yesterday. I remember seeing EV in transition. Her bike chain had broken and the poor thing had a terrible ride in the rain. She was devestated.

I remember hi-fiving Mr Shield, David Sheild and Peter Shield in the rain. They were the marshalls in transition.

I PRACTISED THE FLYING LEAP during the week and thought I'd give it a go... It was pouring rain when I got out of the water. So practicing it in wet whether this race was out of the question. I did hoever leave my shoes on the pedals. It was a fast transition time. I also put a GILLET on so I wouldn't freeze to death in the cold rain.

Tried not to come off... DAMN it was a slow ride today. I was more concerned with my safety than getting a good time. The first aiders were working on a girl who'd come off at the hot dog turn.

Despite the rain I posted a top speed of 40kph.

transition again, The shield family (marshalls) cheered for me. As I was going out on the run I heard the screech and crash of what sounded like a crash. Everyone encouraged the girl to get back up. She did and crashed again 5 metres later. Peter and david were helping her up again as I yelled encouragement on the run.

Ran past the finish... Ran past the vision tent and everyone cheered for me!! Heard EV from the other side of the course and then heard FH as well

Off I went again in the pouring rain... Kicking up puddles...

I looked at my watch. 7:20am. One of my highschool friends was on the first water station, and I told her I'd be there around 7:20. :) I was keeping my word. Said hi and kept going.

Cheered for everysingle person I new on the course. I was HYPED.

saw FH, EV and her dad just before the run turn. THEY WERE GOING NUTS! then all of a sudden VISION was going nuts as well. I must've done okay.

My time on my watch is 28:28 Which BEATS my record at this distance by almost two minutes... As I said earlier I'm yet to get the OFFICIAL result because my results have been given to someone else.

Vision had a good day. My first ever time under the tent. So since I'd done the enticer I offered to help out with the sausage sizzle and cheering on my fellow team mates. :) It was a BLAST!!!

light_sabe_r's Training Log

April 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance