• Health data: Sick: 4 Hours slept: 12

Damnit, My head is KILLING me...

Gonna take the day off as Panadol doesn't seem to be helping much.  I even had to sleep on a terrible hard pillow last night because my head hurt so bad.   (Usually it feels terible but last night it was bliss!)

FH got me two of the IRONMAN DVDs to watch.  So I'll be on the coach for the rest of today.  :)

• Health data: Sick: 4
Bike
  • 57m 19s
  • 19.85 kms
  • 20.78 KM/hr

Commute - and training

Run
  • 08m 06s
  • 1.33 kms
  • 06m 05s /KM
Strength
  • 25m

Crunches, Star jump Squats, Tricep dips (and reversed inclined) Leg presses, Push ups (up and down incline) piggy back races...

Aye yai yai... My head is SOOOOOO stuffed up this morning. I've woken up in a terrible mood. Didn't sleep well last night. Dreaming of Ninjas and Sea Patrol and my Grandma's old house (with my other grandma living there for some reason...hmmmm)

Training was tough this morning. REALLY tough. I couldn't get going. I'm now thinking I'm coming down with something.

Some photos from the weekend

FH and me!

The Santos Team

Update:  2:30pm - I'm getting progressively worse as the day goes on.. oi...   I'm now at home having a lay down!  :) 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Sick: 3
Bike #1
  • 40m 37s
  • 11.19 kms
  • 16.53 KM/hr
Run
  • 36m 07s
  • 2.83 kms
  • 12m 46s /KM
Bike #2
  • 18m 33s
  • 4.87 kms
  • 15.75 KM/hr

So the big news of the day is this. 

I get back to work and there's 130 emails waiting for me.  YAY.  

Most of my cells have been thrown out.  

One of the analysers decided to chuck a tantrum and needed fixing while I was away.

And one of my bosses springs an Audit on us last thursday (while I was on holidays) and wants the results of it today.  NUP not gonna happen!

THREE DAYS!  Three working days I was away for!  What the hell is going to happen when I take a week off eh?

This cold weather is messing with my head.  I've got the sniffles.  

On the bright side I've pulled up GREAT after my run session this morning!  It's the first session I've come away from not feeling like an old woman!  YAY!

So at DFO Yesterday I bought 2 pairs of trackiedacks.  Ahhh... I love Lorna Jane!  Her stuff is FANTASTIC!  My only gripe is the pants are a little long.  Awe well.  

I bought some tights too and wore them for run training today.  Fan bloody tastic!  Until I hit the rail lines on my commute this morning - So that's what the chamois in my pearl izumi knicks have been saving me from... YEOUCH!   

Run
  • 30m 35s
  • 4.51 kms
  • 06m 47s /KM
Swim
  • 1h 04m 59s
  • 2600.00 meters
  • 02m 30s /100 meters

2 x
100 Swim
100 Mix strokes
100 Drill or choice

3 x
300 Pull at moderate pace
150 Kick with Fins (50 Easy/50 Hard/50 Easy

1 x
100 Fingerdrag
100 Back stroke
100 Kick and scull

I AM ON HOLIDAYS!

IT IS SOOOOO FREAKING COLD! I went for a run this morning... opened the door and came back inside and put on a pair of tights, a jumper and a beanie. I was still cold when I finished. I think I'm gonna make a dash to Carindale or DFO today and pick up some trackiedacks! :)

Sport
  • Walking
  • 2h 35m

I AM ON HOLIDAYS! Got some training to add in but here's the kicker

Yesterday I was acting sherpa to the SANTOS team at the BRW triathlon. It rolls round to 8:00am and FH's team swimmer still hasn't shown up...

So we head on down to the tent and all of a sudden I'm subbing into the swim leg of the tri. O_O

FH rips of his gear (he was doing the cycle leg - so he had his own bike pants on underneath) and handed me his shorts and shirt and got a medium set out of the box for himself. I put on the rather nice scody gear for the SANTOS team. My only critiscm of the gear was the fact it was white with blue accents. With the dark sand that was kicked up during and after the swim, my gear ended up filthy...

All of a sudden I'm CAPPED and heading to the start line... I've gone from being a spectator to a competator in a matter of mere minutes!

Hooter goes off... It's a 60m sprint in ankle deep water before the swim actually starts. So of course I'm at the freaking BACK of the pack in my wave by that stage because I was supposed to be a MAN!!! Yes. I was now competing in the corporate MALES heat...

When we hit the water it was business as usual... OBVIOUSLY I didn't have my goggles since I was supposed to be the sherpa today. So I kept my eyes shut and only opened them when I was sighting. The result sent me on a winding corse instead of straight and narrow...

LOTS of people in the water. One guy grabbed onto my leg and actully pulled me UNDER to get past. I gave him a good kick when he let go and swam past him anyway. I was flying round the buoys. A lot of people were doing breaststroke or dog paddle to go round em and I dived under and freestyled round on the inside of them to end up in front again.

Sight for home and gun it. Four strokes to a breath... 10 breathes before sighting again.

One of the girls from my work was there cheering on her hubby and she saw me swimming and cheered as I got up out of the sand. LOL

I bolted up into transition where FH was. LUCKILY before we realised his teammate wasn't coming he'd shown me his transition spot so I could take photos. So I knew where to run. FH and his workmate were there. I stopped and FH took the strap off my leg and then put it on himself and took off. leaving me spitting up saltwater in front of his workmate.

FH's workmate told me I'd come out close to the front. Pffst... Yeah right, as if... There were stacks of people ahead!

FH comes in from his ride and holy shit!!! He's like 2nd person back in for the team sprint!!! O_O

FH took the strap off and we wished FH's workmate luck and left transition. 22mins later FH's workmate came in off the RUN!

We were 25th in the sprint race (still in the mens category) but when they switch the result over to "mixed" We'll be placed 11th. 43rd team overall! We freaking rocked!!!

Swim
  • 08m 27s
  • 400.00 meters
  • 02m 07s /100 meters
Sport
  • Walking
  • 2h 00m
I AM ON HOLIDAYS!

light_sabe_r's Training Log

May 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3