The following equipment is nearing replacement:
Swim
  • 49m 07s
  • 2500.00 yards
  • 01m 58s /100 yards

Solid "continuous" swim (ok, a few tiny baby rests in between), tried to focus on my stroke, not crossing over with the left arm, and practiced sighting, too.

warmup: 1x500
set: 4x600

Bike
  • 45m
  • 10.80 miles
  • 14.40 Mi/hr

On the stationary bike at the gym, because it was super raining out and it had to be right after the swim and I had to be in at work on time, blah, blah, blah. Legs were super unhappy with me being ont he bike again today after yesterday's long ride. Suck it up, buttercup, as they say.

• Health data: Sick: 2
Bike
  • 2h 25m 10s
  • 33.80 miles
  • 13.97 Mi/hr

2.5 hour (ish) ride outside. It was cold, but not freezing for once. I more or less kept warm until about 15 minutes to go, and then the feet went numb. Run thawed them out nicely, though.

Run
  • 20m
  • 2.00 miles
  • 10m /Mi

EZ recovery run following the bike. I kept it pretty slow, but it was outside on pavement and the foot seems to be handling it ok.

Swim
  • 29m 45s
  • 1500.00 yards
  • 01m 59s /100 yards

Swim "early" and then a break for a few hours before doing my brick later in the afternoon. Felt good. I concentrated on lengthening my stroke (Super Girl!) and keeping my elbows high.

Bike
  • 45m
  • 11.57 miles
  • 15.43 Mi/hr

Biking indoors on a stationary bike at the gym, due to high (freezing cold) winds. I focused mostly on keeping the RPM at or above 90. Ouch. My tush was sore afterwards, too...those stationary bikes suck.

Run
  • 30m 44s
  • 3.25 miles
  • 09m 28s /Mi

OK, I ran a little faster than I was supposed to today, but the foot felt good, even after the swim and bike, so I just went for it. Will ice it today, so I don't regret that decision tomorrow...

Strength
  • 12m

Just some abs and stretching, no heavy lifting today.

Swim
  • 1h 05m 26s
  • 3300.00 yards
  • 01m 59s /100 yards

1.9 miles in the pool this AM. My arms felt like wet lead noodles from yesterday's workout, but I still kept it at a steady pace the whole way...

6x500 on :30
1x300 cd

Run
  • 30m 42s
  • 2.83 miles
  • 10m 51s /Mi
Strength
  • 27m

Abs and upper body

Sport
  • Aqua Jogging
  • 1h 30m
Was too tired last night at midnight to write a full report. But I did a half hour run around the track (ok, a jog!), half hour upper body strength training, which I would regret the next morning, then an hour and a half (!!) aqua jog. I can only super duper agree with Lauren when people scoff at an aqua jog being "easier" than land running. When I finally got out of the pool, all pruney and wrinkly, I literally felt like I'd just done an hour and a half on land. Awesome.

Run
  • 25m 53s
  • 2.58 miles
  • 10m 02s /Mi

Good easy jog (grrr, jog) around the indoor track at the rec center today. Foot felt fine, and I could have gone longer, but I promised, promised, promised myself I would stick to the doctor's orders. Compromised by following it up with a 20 minute aqu jog, and going again later tonight.

Sport
  • Aqua Jogging
  • 20m

20 minutes in the pool, nothing crazy, focused on form and stuck to 5 minute intervals with 1 minute active recovery in between. I'll go again tonight after work.

Bike
  • 1h 59m 37s
  • 26.90 miles
  • 13.49 Mi/hr

Another long bike today. The original training program calls for a 2.5 hour bike, but keeping it light with the foot, since I've taken two whole weeks off and don't want to push too hard. Yet. This is not gonna last. Although at an hour and 56 minutes in, felt a MAJOR twinge in the left arch. That totally freaked me out, but now it feels ok again, so I'm not sure what to think. Taking it easy as best as I can, but I'm starting to get a little critical of my training plan here...I have to figure out a way to get the mileage in with enough time left to taper properly, but all the while respecting this injury I have.

swishyskirt's Training Log

April 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
  • January's totals