Run
  • 1h 00m 03s
  • 6.20 miles
  • 09m 41s /Mi

got alittle too hot and had to get water at two aide stations....if I didnt do that I would have saved that 3 freakin seconds plus!!

Heading out the door for Wellington Ohio to start GOBA!  Yeahhhh...will be gone all week.

Bike
  • 45m
  • 16.24 miles
  • 21.65 Mi/hr

I have this eating problem finally figured out but now to fix it.  Early in the year I paid to work with a nutritionist but must of read too much into how the program worked.  I thought when it said you were getting a daily, monthly eating plan that all my meals would be sent to me and that is what I was to eat.  I know how to do things it is just a matter of doing it.  So when I just got a few suggestions for breakfast, lunch and dinner I was disappointed.  That always is my problem I get eating the same thing and I lose weight then I get a little comfortable with my loss and get bored to death with the same thing Im eating day in and day out.  If only I had more options I think I could stay with the heathier choices for longer then 3 or 4 months at a time.  A personal chef would be another solution

taught spin class and now I am just double checking to be sure we have what we need for GOBA.  Think we'll go ahead and load it in the car this morning or this evening since I am going to run the 10k in the am before we take off.  On the ride you have two optional lay out days.  Tuesday and Thursday but since Tuesdays ride take us the the Velvet Ice Cream place we decided we are going to ride that day!  Thursday there is a water park near camp so our plans are to lay out that day enjoy the water park and check out the town close by...I am sure Tanner will be needing a little break by then.  Wont be able to post about the ride until we return and not sure when we will get back. It will be sometime next Saturday evening.  We start and end in Wellington Ohio and it is about 200 miles from here

Run
  • 18m
  • 2.10 miles
  • 08m 34s /Mi

very speedy run for me with Kelly

Strength

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • BICEPS - DB Curls
  • CHEST - Fitball DB Press
  • SHOULDERS - Front DB raise
  • SHOULDERS - Shoulder Press - Machine
  • SHOULDERS - Upright Rows, Dumbbell
  • TRICEPS - Dumbell Kickbacks
Sport #1
  • Commuter Cycling
  • 35m

butts n guts

Sport #2
  • Core Training
  • 45m

butts n guts

I cant seem to figure out why butts n guts class doesnt ever feel like it is getting easier. It sets me on fire everytime. Yeah I add some weight every so often if it feels like my body is getting use to a certain weight but it still just kills my glutes, quads and hammies! My friend Kelly took the class this morning so we went to run a quick run after class and it is such a different feeling to run after that class then after biking. I guess I am so use to getting off a bike and running my body has adjusted but after that class it just the oddest feeling....it hurts! I like running with Kelly and my other friend Ginny because they are fast runners and keep pushing me. I get myself use to a certain pace when I am out myself but if I run with one of them I keep up because I feel bad if I slow them down. I have this little 2.1 mile route I like after this class because you can kinda just get you're legs moving and feeling better in that time and if you try to go too much further after the butts n guts class youre legs die on you. So usually I will run the little route or swim after this class and then run in the evening-by then my legs are pretty much back to normal.

I need to try to double check our check list for GOBA as we will leave as soon as I finish this 10k Saturday morning...well I'll shower after then we'll leave :-) I am hoping to do it in under 1:00 even 1:00 would be fine but 59:59:59 would be great! I havent ran this one for a couple years so dont remember the course....I remember you do run by the river....hence the name Kiwanis Run By The River 5k 10k...LOL

Taught spinning this morning then headed home and loaded up the Kuota to go to Columbus and get officially fitted on it.  I didnt realize I would be working so hard! LOL  I did get a Blue Seventy long leg short sleeve wet suit and it was a thinner mil then what I have so am hoping I can get use to it so if I need it ever.  I plan to take it to the lake when we return from GOBA for a test and also take it to Tampa with me.  Only thing I worry about is being in the ocean with the wetsuit will make me look more like a seal then just a bathing suit.  Boy that would suck to get eaten by a shark before IMFL.  So not only did I buy a wetsuit I got a new saddle for the tri bike a terry gel, new aero bars, new aero bottle, my son a mirror to pop on his handle bar for GOBA and one more water cage for his bike plus the cost of the bike fit......so I paid for everything and you can guess it was expensive and took the bike outside to see how it felt and when I came in I was told that they forgot to charge me for one thing....they had to put a new cable thru the aero bars cause mine just wouldnt bend correctly and a little more labor for that and I thought.....wow....I just spent over $700.00 bucks and you're worried about a few more bucks out of me for some cable and more labor?  Well I said how much and it was like $12.65 or something so I gave them $13.00 and didnt wait for the change.  I've had my own business for 15 years and I couldnt imagine being that petty......I myself even if I forget to ring something petty out even if they only have spent $10.00 I will just say...dont worry about it.  So I do get $100.00 off a bike purchase any time in the future :-) 
Strength

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • BICEPS - DB Curls
  • CHEST - Pushups, Wide Arm
  • CHEST - Standing Cable Crossovers
  • SHOULDERS - Machine Side Lateral Raise
  • SHOULDERS - Standing DB Press
Sport
  • Core Training
  • 45m

butts n guts

Yeah the guy came to maybe start working on the ceiling at 7am.  Was going after supplies-lets hope he comes back.  Taught butts n guts and did a few arm exercises and will do some more when I get to the toy store.  There was a nice thunderstorm last nite-woke me up but I like listening to them so I layed there until I fell back asleep.  It looks like it still may rain but I dont have to be at work for another hour n half so hopefully it will all be gone and I can bike to work.  I am getting really excited about leaving for GOBA on Saturday but I know I am gonna forget something important!  I kinda have things spread out and Tanner and I will have to sit with the check list and make our own and see exactly what we have and if we still need anything.  Everything has to be packed inside of ziploc bags too incase it rains and they get wet.

Bike
  • 45m
  • 16.25 miles
  • 21.67 Mi/hr

spin class

Run
  • 1h 10m
  • 6.36 miles
  • 11m 01s /Mi
Swim
  • 15m
  • 750.00 meters
  • 02m /100 meters
Strength

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • BACK - Upright row
  • BICEPS - DB Curls

im glad I brought this set of weights to work with me!
Did the rows on my new perfect pull up bar

Sport
  • Commuter Cycling
  • 30m

Very hot and humid this evening. Took a run and the first 5k was right at about 30:23 then I wasnt sweating as much so I started to walk some then just kept the pace nice and slow. Still felt great but now I am sweating buckets!

I have decided to add some strength training to my training as I have gotten away from it lately and I really want to work on defining my arms so this is my new goal.

Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 2h 30m

weed eating,triming bushes,cleaning patio, lots of fun stuff in the steaming heat

Jungle Jenn's Training Log

June 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance
  • June's totals
  • May's totals