Bike
  • 1h 47m 40s
  • 25.33 miles
  • 14.12 Mi/hr
Run
  • 1h 11m 22s
  • 6.55 miles
  • 10m 54s /Mi
Well i totally kicked ass this am.....havent done the full triple t since 2009 due to my sons high school tennis but have completed it 3 times and did the half only twice so had nothing to prove. When I signed up I signed up with a discount code knowing that I would be training for umstead 100 which was 6 weeks ago and really wasnt sure how recovery would go or if i'd be biking or swimming at all...well i did get 4 15-20 min swims in and think 6 bikes with a century last weekend...doesnt quite prepare you for those hills and its hard to train on them due to a lot of dogs on a typical day being loose. I do have a 16-24 mile loop that can get part of some of the courses in it and did it twice. I am pleased with my time and pushed a little harder on the run with the thoughts in my head that i may not go do the afternoon race....its super hot and humid and its a bike swim run format and wasnt looking forward to getting in the cold cold water after the hilly bike but was kinda looking forward to the bike because its an impossible course to do without the race going on due to traffic....has like a 5 mile climb too! The parking is also a mess and I knew if i didnt get out their early i would have to park at the lodge which is up up up and up friday nights course bike hill and that would suck at 7pm tonight to have to bike or walk it to get my car....so then i thought ok just go and if you can find a place to park do it....so i loaded up the car at 2:10 20 min drive and 3:00 start but I wouldnt get to start till later due to time trial start but would still have to be there....got part way there and said nah...im not in the mood im just really tired...no regrets as it wasnt really a race for me anyways....plan to return and do the half ironman tomorrow....can tell i have swam thats for sure!!! But I did make it all the way up Thompson hill!!!! there was a ton walking it.  Usually Im in the bottom 10 at this race and i think there was like 40 plus behind me!! WHOO HOOO!!!

• RACE DAY: American Triple-T Ohio - Race #3: Olympic PM
  • RACE DAY: American Triple-T Ohio - Race #2: Olympic AM
Swim
  • 07m 14s
  • 338.83 meters
  • 02m 08s /100 meters
Bike
  • 16m 10s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 18.56 Mi/hr
Run
  • 08m 58s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 08m 52s /Mi

• RACE DAY: American Triple-T Ohio - Race #1: Super Sprint
Run
  • 1h 15m 06s
  • 5.01 miles
  • 14m 59s /Mi
took Andi to the forest...decided to go explore some of the backpack trails off the fire road since the logging trucks are not being cautious - I did bring her water and she drank it all.  Found some other single track that I want to explore when I dont have her with me so I dont have to carry both our water.  They need a camel back for a dog...mine can drink from a squirt water bottle but dont know if she could suck a tube haha

Bike
  • 45m
  • 13.50 miles
  • 18.00 Mi/hr
Run #1
  • 1h 15m
  • 5.00 miles
  • 15m /Mi
Run #2
  • -----
  • 4.00 miles
  • -----

spin and circuit got hot fast! Took andi to Lampblack and just wasnt feeling it so walked....I think I was pretty pissed cause every year they start to be so un accommodating towards the Triple T weekend that its sad. Last couple years has been trying to keep away all the parking last year they ended up blocking it from the side of the road but then directed us into the grass lot...this year they are already pounding signs and roping off all the big lots to which there is not parking says due to wet conditions...I told the guys its a good thing its gonna be 90 and sunny today to dry this out so we can park this weekend and they said well theres a chance of rain so if it rains we cant park there...oh ok....so lets waste the money and man power to rope and hammer 20 plus signs up the freaking road 3 days before the event just in case it would rain but lets leave the 2 big trees that have been across lampblack trail for over 2 weeks still out there??? Im ashamed to call this my hometown forest!

its hot out but been so cold the last couple days i decided to go out and just walk again around town...hate walking in town...another stalker today he pulls me over and asked if there was any chance a pretty lady like me was single....creeper!! Nice looking nice car but still a creeper!! I hate hate hate being in town anymore and im getting bored with the same 2 trails in the forest and I can tell its making me dreading going. Need to figure out something. Planning to maybe do my 6 mile in town route in the am when I get up thought about going longer cause i feel like a slacker but then i my Achilles is feeling better so Im gonna give the Triple T a go and see what transpires. Not looking forward to the cold swim nor the lack of any swimming over the past 2 years! Think all in all in 2 years Ive had less then 10 hours??? That includes a couple half ironman races haha

Run
  • 1h 48m 55s
  • 8.32 miles
  • 13m 05s /Mi
plan was to take Andi 2 laps but all the water holes had no water and she got hot

Bike
  • 45m
  • 13.50 miles
  • 18.00 Mi/hr
Run
  • -----
  • 5.00 miles
  • -----
walked to teach spin and circuit then walked to the tennis courts to see if any of the boys were playing in the sectionals yet but they got a buy so walked on home.  Plan is to go 5 miles with Peggy and her friends this evening....really should get my ass to the pool since its only open for swim m w f from 10:30am to noon but its cold outside and i dont want to get wet...thats my excuse

Jungle Jenn's Training Log

May 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
  • June's totals
  • May's totals