Run
  • 57m 14s
  • 6.20 miles
  • 09m 14s /Mi

Boo! Run for Life 10K - PT, Rachel, Nick, and I formed a team (Turtlepack!) and we placed 2nd overall! We were exhausted from all of the hiking and climbing that we had done over the past few days so our results really surprised us! Nick and Rachel are a bit faster than PT and I so they stuck together for most of the run and PT and I stuck together for the entire run. We held a consistent 9:16-9:17 pace the entire time and then we kicked it up during the last mile. This was a perfect race for me - I didn't walk once, I held a consistent pace, and most importantly I felt great the entire time. 49/108 in my division and 147/327 for all women.

Hey hey hey - I just realized that I haven't run a 10K since 2006 and I just PR'd by 11:38... clearly I suuuuucked at running 3 years ago  :)

I took a looooong nap when I got home - it's been quite the weekend 

Sport
  • Hiking
  • 7h 00m

Hiking at Old Rag with Shalynn, Rachel, Nick, Regular Rob, Jaime, and Jason. Regular Rob brought his dog so they couldn't go past the first peak. The rest of us continued on and once we got to the summit, Nick and I turned around so that we could do the trail backwards and pick up Rob along the way. Everyone else continued on with the loops. It was really fun to be able to do the more technical parts of the trail twice. We were EXHAUSTED by the time we finished.

Sport
  • Rock Climbing
  • 7h 00m

Nick and I both took R&R days from work. We met up with Mark and Silent Rob at Carderock at 12 and climbed... and climbed... and climbed. Mark taught me how to belay so now I can actually be useful when not climbing. I went up a 5.8 route a few times and then I attempted a 5.10 twice but I kept getting stuck in the chimney part of the climb. PT joined us and we all left at 6 to head to Pizzarama for dinner where Jason joined us. We then all headed over to the climbing gym where we stayed until 11 - I stuck mostly to the 5.7s because I was exhausted and then Mark pulled me aside again to continue going over various techniques that will help me. Loooong tiring but very fun day.

Run
  • 44m 07s
  • 4.37 miles
  • 10m 06s /Mi

The usual route with Nick and we decided to bring my younger dog with us too, hence the slower pace. My apt, past the Union Mill shopping center, across 29, around my old neighborhood, and back.

My best friend, Jaime, found out that she is pregnant!  I hung out with her husband (my friend), Jason, for a bit after work and then her and I went out for celebratory pedicures and Thai food.

Run
  • 28m
  • 3.00 miles
  • 09m 20s /Mi

D/P est. Nick's house, past Fairfax Corner, and back. We both made it without coughing up our lungs and we actually had a negative split.

Sport
  • Rock Climbing
  • 2h 30m

Jason, Jaime, Nick, and I met up with Mark, Shonna, PT, and Silent Rob. I mostly stayed on the 5.6 and 5.7 climbs but I attempted a 5.8 at the end - it was ugly but Nick wouldn't lower me down so I had no choice but to keep going until I reached the top. Mark then spent about 30 min helping me with my technique.

Small, lingering cough.  Taking it easy - just climbing tonight - and jumping back into the running game tomorrow.  I'm over being sick.

Ambular's Training Log

October 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance