The following equipment is nearing replacement:
Silver Spring,MD 
I was so sore this morning, when I woke up, that I decided to not workout.  Maybe taking today off will help heal the ribs and tailbone.  This is starting to really get on my nerves.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 4 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 4 Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 1h 02m 55s
  • 5.83 miles
  • 10m 47s /Mi

Run at a moderate to easy effort for 9 minutes. Then walk for 1 minute. Repeat this for the entire workout.

Crappy workout.  So slow.  And painful.  Tailbone is still really sore.  It would get numb while I ran, but when I would do the one minute walk, it would get painful again.  Hopefully it will heal soon.

Liverpool is really driving me crazy.  A draw with Middlesborough?!?!  I have no idea what is wrong with this team.  They are too good to be playing this poorly.  I'm not convinced that it is Rafa.  Only time will tell.

Taking the bike into the LBS to check it up from the accident last weekend and just a general tune up.  I think it should be fine but it doesn't hurt to give it a once over. 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 2
Swim
  • 22m 16s
  • 822.96 meters
  • 02m 42s /100 meters

WU: 100 swim, 100 kick, 100 swim.
Swim the following resting for 30 seconds after each one--200, 150, 100, 50, 50, 50. This is 600 yards/meters.

Slept for crap last night.  kept waking up.  I think it might be the ribs because they are awefully tender today. 

Good swim, though. Nothing too long, just enough to keep working on form and bilateral breathing.  I'm finding that if my form is right, I can shave off quite a bit of time and not be too out of breath.  This is a good thing.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 45m
  • 14.60 miles
  • 19.47 Mi/hr

High cadence low resistance and keeping it in low HR.

Used a drainer I hate at the gym.  Don't trust the distance.  Hate the drainer anyway.  Oh well.  At least I enjoyed Generation X, Live at Sheffield riding shotgun.

Work was a flub today.  Couldn't get anything done, at all.  Really drove me crazy.  Hopefully I can get something done tomorrow.  Tons to do. 

Swim
  • 46m 28s
  • 1463.04 meters
  • 03m 10s /100 meters

Long day
wu: 200swim, 200kick, 200swim
main: 1 x 800, RPE 3 , even pace
cd: 4 x 50, each slower than last

Ok.  So tonights swim was supposed to be a 2 x 750 on the workout.  I finished the first 750 (actually an 800 because I lost count, and was just wiped. I need to do more swimming.  Oh well, still a nice long swim.  Much longer than I did at this time last year.  I'm still feeling pretty good, though.  Plenty of time to the first race in April.

I so love this sport. 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 9
Bike
  • 45m
  • 12.75 miles
  • 17.00 Mi/hr

45minutes at RPE 4 followed by run.

Run
  • 30m 31s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 10m 10s /Mi

30 minute recovery run at RPE 2-3

Well that was a great workout.  Since Beth was going to be late, moved the swim to tomorrow and did a little easy brick today.  That felt great.  Haven't done one in a long time.  Only problem with it is it was on a drainer and on the track at the gym.  Oh well, had some great tunes on the ipod and just had fun.

Checking out the NH race right now.  Interesting.  Hilary is putting in a pretty good showing.  Guess we will have to wait till tomorrow morning to get a final word on it.   

Decided not to go to yoga.  Too sore.  Just taking it easy.  Fortunately, my ribs are already much better, but the tail bone is a killer.

The rain coming down here now is so weird.  It is like March or April, not January.  Very freaky.  Supposedly some tornado's were spotted around town too.  Huh.  

Looking forward to the NH primary tomorrow.  Just to see what's happening on the next step in this election year. 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 9

crowny2's Training Log

January 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
Time
  • October's totals